• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Mrazek To Start Tonight

Rate this topic

. Now what they heck is going on with the stl goalies i wonder, first to worst.

One word: defense.

St. Louis's defense tonight was awful. Worst that I have seen in a couple years when they have played the wings.

Yahoo Sports posts an editorial and asks: "Should Petr Mrazek Be the Starting Goalie for the Detroit Red Wings?" Yes, this is real, folks:

On Thursday, Feb. 9, Petr Mrazek shined in his first NHL start for the Detroit Red Wings as he collected a 5-1 win.

The Czech has been tearing it up this season in the AHL for the Grand Rapids Griffins. He won his first six starts in November and has a 17-6-1 record, 2.26 GAA and a .916 save percentage.

He was just as impressive against the Blues on Thursday. He made 26 saves against a team with the fifth-most goals scored per game.

I can't even fault him for the one goal he did allow. The puck squirted free from the slot area onto the stick of a wide-open Alex Pietrangelo. The defenseman buried it as Mrazek attempted a desperation save.

Couple Mrazek's performance with Jimmy Howard's mediocre play thus far and Mrazek seems like a lock for the starting goalie job, right?

As soon as Gustavsson is back from injury Mrazek will be back down in the minors if not sooner. And thats where he should be getting starters minutes not backup minutes in Detroit. This is Howards team. That article lost all its credibility once it said that Howard has been average this year.