• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DSM

Sean Avery on OTR tonight.

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415439

Sean Avery is going to be interviewed by Michael Landsberg tonight. Might be interesting. I don't like Sean Avery as a human being, but I'm going to put my flame suit on and say that I liked him as a hockey player. I'll always wonder how different he might have turned out had the Red Wings organization kept him around longer.

He's a fun guy, trained with him one summer. He's just nuts, that's all. I don't think he ever stops talking either. He just wouldn't fit with the Wings, his personality would clash with how this team is run. He can't turn off his on ice persona.

Edited by Carman

He's a fun guy, trained with him one summer. He's just nuts, that's all. I don't think he ever stops talking either. He just wouldn't fit with the Wings, his personality would clash with how this team is run. He can't turn off his on ice persona.

I think at times when he picked his spots correctly he was a very effective role player who could also add secondary scoring. Other times, he just took things too far and made an ass of himself.

where'd you two train at?

It will be aired this afternoon at five or, as always, online (sometime).

People wonder why Detroit let him go? Really?

I don't wonder why they let him go. I just wonder how me might have turned out if Detroit hadn't let him go. He didn't really take a huge nose dive until Hull gave him that big contract in Dallas.

Had he kept his attitude on the ice, but off ice toned it down - he might've stayed a Red Wing.

I don't really remember hearing much about his off ice stuff when he was with the Wings. Then again, I am getting old.

Avery could've been a pretty great hockey player if it were anywhere near his number one priority in life.

It's hard to believe the guy is only 32 and pretty much washed up because of his own doing.

He kind of became a more dumbed down but entertaining remake of "The Alexandre Daigle Story."

I remember something about Avery coming back to train with the Wings (after he left like 2 years before to the Kings) during the 05 lockout. He was part of that group with Drapes, McCarty, Chelios, etc. Does anyone remember that?

Anyhow, he obviously didn't fit in the locker room.

Avery is such an ego-manic when it comes to his hockey career, it's amazing that he's doing so much "good work" outside of the game. (I speak of his charity work, not his modelling career.)

Landsberg annoys me, but I still watch what I can of that show on the TSN website.

...and what's with the Our Lady Peace dude being there? Is he Avery's "handler" when it comes to interviews.

("Hey man, if things get off track, I'll just toss in some side remark about how much we PARTIED!!! or your HOT GIRLFRIENDS, right bro'?!")

Also, he's got worse teeth than most hockey players.

Edited by e_prime

The guy doesnt thing he has to be accountable for any of his actions. I love how he said it was his decision to leave hockey. It was every other GM's decision when they didn't want this piece of trash on there team.

The only thing I find redeeming about this guy is his support for equality among orientation in the major sports.

Edited by GoalieManPat

It's strange though, because if you watch the TV series "The Season" from a long time ago, Avery was splitting time between the AHL and the Wings. He seemed well put together and Holland had a tough time trading him. I think things slipped afterward.

Had some talent but was a cancer in every room he entered. The guy "rounded out" his reputation in LA. It is widely known he teased Brown about his lisp and slight stutter. He also would put down his then girl firend of not being a hot enough hockey trophy wife.

The guy is a supreme a-hole and egomaniac. That is why he is out of the league.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1197608/2/index.htm

It is funny that Carman brings up Chelios and the lockout. He kicked Avery out of his house after 3 weeks.

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/damaging_egos/sean_avery_ego.html

He will never see the NHL again. Good riddance.

I don't think anyone doubts Avery's ability on the ice. He's a PREMIUM agitator and decent grinder. IMO equal to Steve Ott.

But he clearly had off ice and locker room issues galore. Runs his mouth so much that he can't seem to stop once the game stops. I would certainly entertain the argument that he is the best agitator of all time. He's so good that he agitates his own team as well!

I don't think anyone doubts Avery's ability on the ice. He's a PREMIUM agitator and decent grinder. IMO equal to Steve Ott.

But he clearly had off ice and locker room issues galore. Runs his mouth so much that he can't seem to stop once the game stops. I would certainly entertain the argument that he is the best agitator of all time. He's so good that he agitates his own team as well!

:lol: He agitated the entire U.S. and Canada!

esteef

Guest The Axe

I was a big Avery fan when he was here. His points per ice time were close to tops on the team.