• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/7 GDT : Red Wings 5 at St. Louis Blues 1

Rate this topic

I don't predict anythings since Mrazek is new and the Blues obiviously much stronger than the Flames. I just want our Rookie to have a good,solid first NHL-Game tonight and that the 3rd and 4th Lines and with them the whole team steps up. The rest isn't that important.

Going to be a good game, St.Louis just coming off of a horrible game against Nashville (1-6) and Detroit coming off of two horrible losses to Columbus and Calgary. Blood is out there for the Blues as they had the game changed on them due to a horribly called match penalty on David Backes. Look for St.Louis to get their home game stand on the right track and be ready to show us what they're made us. On the other spectrum, Detroit has much to prove along with a rookie goaltender debuting in the NHL. Going to be a rough game, but hopefully we can make something of it. I got a hometown friend coming over that I haven't seen in awhile, so worst case scenario i'll be drinking away the pain with him, haha.

Feels like we need a win, but it won't be easy. They'll be fired up to get back on track, and who know how Mrazek will handle things. Regardless of skill he's a rookie in his first NHL game, so I won't be hard on him if he has a bad night. Hoping for the best, no predictions. Will be happy if we can play a good game and show some fire, win or lose.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

just to point out HockeyTown you left out a 0 in the start time. ;)

but other then that amazing GTD as always.!

never know what to expect when a young goalie makes his NHL debut. hopefully he brings lots of emotion and excitement in the games he will play this year.

im gonna say 2-1 red wings

z and dats for The D
and Oshie for The Bluuuuuues

This deserves a new thread.

@AnsarKhanMLive: St. Louis Blues coach thinks his club deserves some credit for Detroit Red Wings' two-game skid | http://t.co/gJ1ojxIv http://t.co/jykX1Plf

About Backus from link above:

In the case of the Red Wings, Hitchcock said the reason for that is Detroit forwards Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg.

"He recognizes when he plays against Detroit he's going to spend most of the night without the puck," Hitchcock said. "He's gotten more and more comfortable knowing that's the way it is. I think what it does for him is it makes him play patient.

"When he plays patient, he's a better player. When he gets running around trying to make big hits, it kind of pulls him out of position. I think playing against Detroit scares you a little bit and it makes him play more patient."

At least we might have a chance tonight with Mrazek. Jimmy can't stop a beach ball lately.

ya... it's Jimmy's fault our D can't clear pucks, allows 2 on 1's, breakaways, short handed breakaways, and they screen their own goalie and never cover their guy... Ya Mrazek is going to be our defences saviour.. If you beileve that, then I have a bridge I would like to sell you

Edited by Euro_Twins

Hopefully Kronwall finds his balls tonight and steps into David Backes like he did to Ryan Clowe two years ago in the playoffs. We REALLY need someone to keep that guy honest, he just opens up waaaay too much ice for the rest of his line when he's able to play that game.

Edited by kipwinger

ya... it's Jimmy's fault our D can't clear pucks, allows 2 on 1's, breakaways, short handed breakaways, and they screen their own goalie and never cover their guy... Ya Mrazek is going to be our defences saviour.. If you beileve that, then I have a bridge I would like to sell you

I'm not throwing Jimmy under the bus but let's be honest the guy has not been very good the last two games...end of story. Our D has not been very good but he has let in some weak ones.

I'm not throwing Jimmy under the bus but let's be honest the guy has not been very good the last two games...end of story. Our D has not been very good but he has let in some weak ones.

Lol Jimmy has given us a chance to win every game, when your team is scoring 1 goal a game it is KINDA hard to win. He has been playing great, and has been our most consistent player (aside from the 6-0 loss)

Hopefully Kronwall finds his balls tonight and steps into David Backes like he did to Ryan Clowe two years ago in the playoffs. We REALLY need someone to keep that guy honest, he just opens up waaaay too much ice for the rest of his line when he's able to play that game.

Backes needs to get Kronwalled and Kronwalled hard but for whatever reason, Kronner hasn't been as physical as we know he can be, which sucks. This is going to be a hard game I am sure the Blues are still pissed off about the Backes call and will come out firing especially at home. So the Wings better be ready or it could get ugly.