• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/7 GDT : Red Wings 5 at St. Louis Blues 1

Rate this topic

It's worth noting, the Wings still have not scored a PPG on the road.

That said, 2-0 on goals by Cleary and Kindl? Whoever had THAT square is a happy man...

I seriously don't understand how a team can look better at even strength as opposed to on a power play.

I honestly think they relax and slow down too much on the PP. They try to be too patient, too cerebral. They end up "waiting" for a good shot instead of moviing the puck and moving without the puck to "create" a good shot and open rebounders.

WIngs old PP was super fast puck movement.

Too bad we had that PP at the end, it really took away any momentum we could have carried into the 2nd.

Laughably bad. I almost couldn't watch it.

When will Babs/Renney change the PP formations? Neither of them is close to working.

Good period on the whole though. Mrazek got to show his stuff towards the end of the period, looked sharp.

Can't watch the game... :(

How Tatar/Mrazek/Tootoo are doing?

Tatar looks real good. Making solid plays both on offense and defense. Had a quick shot that Cleary got the rebound on and scored.

Mrazek didn't have a lot to do, but had one really good reaction save and handled everything well.

Didn't notice Tootoo much, think he was in front of the net screening the goalie on the 2nd goal though.

Can't watch the game... :(

How Tatar/Mrazek/Tootoo are doing?

Toots hasn't had much opportunity but he's finishing his checks hard and while I wouldn't say he's wreaking havoc in front of the net, atleast he's got a bit of a presence there.

Mrazek is quick as a cat. Goes down and is up into position super quick like he's Jet Li or something.