• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/7 GDT : Red Wings 5 at St. Louis Blues 1

Rate this topic

I haven't seen the play yet but spearing is a gutless move, and worse than hitting from behind.

Franzen is 6'3" 223 lbs to Perron's 6'0" 196 lbs. It's a shame Franzen's gloves are glued on.

Got him right in the bread basket, would of been respectable if he just turned around and clocked him one.

Great game by the Wings. For sure the most complete game all around, by all 4 lines. Kudos to Babs and the coaching staff for getting the troops on the same page. Also a wonderful, solid first game by Mrazek. If I were Babs, I would go right back to him for Saturday to give Howie more rest and have Howie play Sunday against the Kings. I loved the way he came out to play the puck, his calmness and the way he controlled seemingly all rebounds. Way to go.

Also, even tho the refs missed a few calls in the 3rd, overall I thought this was the best officiated game I have seen in the nhl this year... the refs let the 2 teams play some good 5 on 5 hockey which we have not been able to see much of this year. Great job by the officials.

Hopefuilly the Wings keep rolling into this weekend.

Wasn't a spear, more a of a wack to the ol' family jewels... which isn't much better I suppose.

:lol:

yeah, not really.

Like I said I haven't seen the incident. I'm just tired of Franzen's cheapshots. And if he really speared Perron, that's a seriously dirty play.

Anyway, I don't want to drag the thread off into that debate after what was an otherwise great game. But what an unexpected collection of goal scorers tonight.

Solid win all around, not much to complain about. We got that secondary scoring we've been craving and it was also one of the best defensive efforts of the season, and Mrazek did fine in net. I agree with the people saying he should get the start next game, let Howie focus on the Kings.

Gonna sleep well after this one! :-D

He was solid. I wouldnt say star. Your a star when you steal a game. He was what you hope you get from a rookie. Poised and solid.

It was 2-1 and it could have been 2-2 if not for some nice saves on his part, when it was 4-1 if he let one past him when Blues were applying pressure it would be 4-2 and the Blues would be going into that 3min PP down only 2 with momentum. He made timely saves but yes a much better effort by the offense tonight.

Finally looks like they are shaking some rust off. Hopefully they can start to get all 4 lines in the action each game.

Tatar is a much needed spark to the 3rd line. Cleary also looked much better tonight.

Tatar-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Would not be a bad bottom 6...

It was 2-1 and it could have been 2-2 if not for some nice saves on his part, when it was 4-1 if he let one past him when Blues were applying pressure it would be 4-2 and the Blues would be going into that 3min PP down only 2 with momentum. He made timely saves but yes a much better effort by the offense tonight.

Exactly he played well. Far from star of the show though. It was probably the best overall team effort from the Wings this season. He looks good for the future. Heres hoping Gustavsson gets back soon so Mrazek can go back down and start for Grand Rapids to develop more.

I don't get this team. Our so called number one goalie gets hung out to dry 6-0 in this building but a rook gets a 5-1 victory.

Or we have a very solid effort against the Blues (twice) and the Blackhawks, but play like crap against the Bluejackets and the Flames.

Go figure :confused:

They looked great tonight, hopefully we get to see a lot more games like this this season. 3rd and 4th lines played great on both ends of the ice, plus Mrazek looks really promising, I like his style. I'm ready for Helm to get back out there though, I miss watching that guy fly up and down the ice, he's desperately missed.

This is my first post on here by the way, I've been a Wings fan for quite some time now. I'm from central Cali so there aren't many people to discuss games with here. I figured I should be with my people.

Some cute tweets back and forth between D Mac and Emmerton post game:

@D_Mac25: Congrats to Cory Emmerton for representing #25 on the scoresheet #1sttimesince09

@cemmer48: @D_Mac25: Congrats to Cory Emmerton for representing #25 on the scoresheet #1sttimesince09 appreciate it Dmac!

@D_Mac25: @cemmer48 Ole Greybush is aging. Proud of you kid

They looked great tonight, hopefully we get to see a lot more games like this this season. 3rd and 4th lines played great on both ends of the ice, plus Mrazek looks really promising, I like his style. I'm ready for Helm to get back out there though, I miss watching that guy fly up and down the ice, he's desperately missed.

This is my first post on here by the way, I've been a Wings fan for quite some time now. I'm from central Cali so there aren't many people to discuss games with here. I figured I should be with my people.

Welcome aboard ;

Fill-la-pool-la

He's also referred to Kindl as Kuba several times.

He calls him Kuba because of his first name, Jakub. It's the nickname that most of the wings and Babs use for Kindl

I haven't seen the play yet but spearing is a gutless move, and worse than hitting from behind.

Franzen is 6'3" 223 lbs to Perron's 6'0" 196 lbs. It's a shame Franzen's gloves are glued on.

I agree spearing is cheap, but Perron definitely deserved it. Him and Backes were checking from behind and playing dirty all night. He was sick of it, but he should have dropped the gloves and pummeled him!

Flippula has got to go if we want to be an elite team

hahahahhaahhahahahahaha..... hahahahahahhahahahahahaha..... hahahahahahahahahaha

IN YOUR FACE!

what you don't realize here is Flip has been one of our better players so far this season, so what if he looked a little off for the first 2/3 of the game tonight, so did Datsyuk, should we trade him if we want to be "elite"? Flip has 7 points in 10 games, that is very respectable, should we trade Brunner? He only has 7 points in 10 games too...

I love going through the earlier pages after the game to see dumb things people post, why don't you let the professionals decide who should be on our team, if it was up to you we would be trading players mid game and end up looking like Columbus

Guest irishock

Tatar is a much needed spark to the 3rd line. Cleary also looked much better tonight.

Tatar-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Would not be a bad bottom 6...

Sammy is coming back soon and will replace Tatar for sure

IN YOUR FACE!

what you don't realize here is Flip has been one of our better players so far this season, so what if he looked a little off for the first 2/3 of the game tonight, so did Datsyuk, should we trade him if we want to be "elite"? Flip has 7 points in 10 games, that is very respectable, should we trade Brunner? He only has 7 points in 10 games too...

I love going through the earlier pages after the game to see dumb things people post, why don't you let the professionals decide who should be on our team, if it was up to you we would be trading players mid game and end up looking like Columbus

Not to mention that he's getting over an injury. Flip is great to have. He is great defensively and able to put up points with consistency.

Sammy is coming back soon and will replace Tatar for sure

Man, why do you have to say that?