• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Franzen spear on Perron

Rate this topic

What is the difference between a spear and a slash? Both are wacking someone with a stick. In fencing, a thrust is usually preferred to a cut. They always say "a point beats the edge". :)

Honestly I realize it may not make much sense, but a spear is much dirtier of a play to me. Probably because it's more likely to result in injury. Slashes can definitely do serious damage too, but a lot of times you're catching the guy on the pads.

The league seems to view it that way as well, because even the intent to spear can be called for a penalty.

Guest Johnz96

Honestly I realize it may not make much sense, but a spear is much dirtier of a play to me. Probably because it's more likely to result in injury. Slashes can definitely do serious damage too, but a lot of times you're catching the guy on the pads.

The league seems to view it that way as well, because even the intent to spear can be called for a penalty.

Some players are allowed to slash at will with impunity. Even breaking both wrists of the opponents best player.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what people are talking about in regards to Mule. I actually feel like he's been pretty solid. I could just be completely off here, but I feel like he's looking quicker than ever. He's nearly playing at a point-per-game pace, and isn't dogging it as much as I've seen in the past. We can all call the man a pansy all we want, but I think he's actually put up a good effort thus far.

Well, he and Nash are both at 3G, 6A, 9P, FWIW