Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Bertuzzi out w/back injury, other practice news & notes

Rate this topic

- Howard back in tomorrow

- Bert out with back injury

- May call a forward up from GR

- Here are the lines they used

Cleary takes Bertuzzi's spot on line with 13-51; other lines 93-40-24, 21-8-17, 20-25-22, also 37-39.

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings

Move Tatar back up to the 2nd line & let's see Andersson, Sheahan, or Ferraro get some time with the big club imo.

Amen brother, Tatar can actually skate with Datsyuk & Filppula, Cleary will just slow them down. As much as I think he deserves it, I don't think Ferraro should get the call up this time around, we need to replace size with size, I'd go with Sheahan if we actually call someone up, but I'd hate to see Eaves be healthy-scratched again in favor of a call-up, unless he's had a recurrence of his post-concussion issues.

EDIT: started typing before I saw the update about Andersson, good move :thumbup:

Edited by McAwesome

Guest RedWingsDad

I think I re-call just the check that hurt his back... I remember thinking it was a fairly big hit, and then being a bit concerned when I seen it was Bert. :( Too bad, as I know he has had back problems in the past... hope he can recover. He is 38 and seriously re-aggravating an old injury could just be the straw that broke that camels back. Hope i'm not getting ahead of myself.

I would have liked to see Howie get another reset and have him start Sunday against the Kings... I am guessing that means Howie will have Sunday off. Either way, I am confident with both goalies in net but I would have liked to see babs give Mrazek the nod tomorrow after playing such a solid game.

Should be a good game tomorrow, Wings defense will really have to watch the speed of the Oilers young forwards. Hopefully Bert is okay and not out too long.

I'm going to be amazed if we can hang around the pack in the Western Conference in spite of all these injuries. That we're able to compete with top flight teams in the west, even with this hodge podge lineup should send a message to the front office. Young guys are capable of stepping in for the veterans. As such, some of these formerly "unmovable" pieces could be in play real soon if KH decides to make a go of it this season.

Bertuzzi out is going to hurt though, anyone else notice that until he came back our offensive zone cycle was nonexistent and therefore our offensive possessions either ended in a takeaway, or a weak shot on goal followed by an opponent rush the other way? Say what you want about Bert, but he's one of only two or three guys that can hang on to the puck in the offensive zone when pressured by the defense.

Edited by kipwinger

I don't get why Mrazek isn't starting for us tomorrow??? He was outstanding last night, and plus he must know the young oilers stars (Eberle,Hall,Nugent-Hopkins,Schultz, etc) quite well from his time in the AHL this season...I don't get it. Than we would have a rested Howard for our nationally broadcast game sunday afternoon versus LA

I don't get why Mrazek isn't starting for us tomorrow??? He was outstanding last night, and plus he must know the young oilers stars (Eberle,Hall,Nugent-Hopkins,Schultz, etc) quite well from his time in the AHL this season...I don't get it. Than we would have a rested Howard for our nationally broadcast game sunday afternoon versus LA

I have a feeling Howie is playing against Edmonton because they have more firepower, and have been playing much better than LA. Mrazek will probably get the start against the struggling kings. (I wish Howie would though so we could settle the debate on if Quick or howie is the better goalie... *cough* howie *cough*)

I am going to the game tomorrow and was hoping that Howie would have another day of rest. Curious to see what Andersonn brings to the team. The oil have a good team that can score goals.....I am guessing that is why Jimmy is starting. As for Cleary....nooooo! I wanted to see them reward Tatar ....grrrr

Someone find whomever has the Red Wings voodoo doll.

That would be Holland. he is the one that put this old, often hurt team together. This from a Holland fan and supporter. But this year is not one of his better efforts......