• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Joakim Andersson Recalled

Rate this topic

I think it's because Tatar, Andersson, and Nyquist are all ready. Goose may be the best of the 3 right now, but they want to build Tatar's and Andersson's confidence as well. Give them some time with the big club, see what they can do, and make them feel like part of the organization.

Edit: Apparently Holland recalled him just so that the Wings would have an extra forward in case something happens. Griffins are in OKC this weekend. Via Khan.

Edited by number9

So admittedly I'm not that knowledgeable about all our prospects, so I'm curious. Why not Nyquist? Thought for sure he'd be more of a regular this season.

Because you don't replace a 6'3 and 235 lbs. power forward with a 5'10, 185 lb. playmaker.

I think Detroit needs to get a look at Andersson, anyway. While he had a good game last night, Andersson could prove to be an upgrade over Emmerton on the 4th line. His contract's up this year. I'd at least like to see him get alternated into the line-up next season.

If we keep calling the kids up, who is gonna be left in GR when I go see them in March?

This happened to me last year. I went to a game, and a bunch of the kids i wanted to see were up in Detroit. I had to watch Conklin get beat up by an AHL team.

I think it's because Tatar, Andersson, and Nyquist are all ready. Goose may be the best of the 3 right now, but they want to build Tatar's and Andersson's confidence as well. Give them some time with the big club, see what they can do, and make them feel like part of the organization.

Edit: Apparently Holland recalled him just so that the Wings would have an extra forward in case something happens. Griffins are in OKC this weekend. Via Khan.

Because you don't replace a 6'3 and 235 lbs. power forward with a 5'10, 185 lb. playmaker.

Holland doesn't want Nyquist, or Tatar, or Andersson getting too much playing time with the big club. That way their agents won't have ammo when their contracts are up and he can sign em for cheap.

All of the above..? Personally, I'd like to see as many prospects in a couple NHL games here and there as possible.. And I'm sure babs n Kenny would like to as well.

The youth movement is kind of being forced on the Wings through injury, and I've gotta say, it's going well so far. The kids in the line-up have impressed, Brunner isn't a kid but this guy can score 30 goals in the league in a full season. Tatars speed and vision is really good, maybe only a 2nd or 3rd line winger but I like him. Nyquist has shown he can play, he'll get his chance. Mrazek, well I've been calling him the real deal for so long that I wasn't surprised he beat the Blues last night (but dammit was I ever pissed they got one past him). Now it's time for Andersson to (hopefully if he gets into the line) show what he's got. Big guy, smart defensively, lets see what he's got.

So admittedly I'm not that knowledgeable about all our prospects, so I'm curious. Why not Nyquist? Thought for sure he'd be more of a regular this season.

We need a big guy presence in the bottom 6 to help on the forcheck and wear teams down. Nyquist is top 6 and probably playing every situation in GR right now while Tatar is up.

In this case case it's partially about rewarding the play of prospects who are progressing and 'earning' that cup of coffee in the big leagues and partially about picking a big, strong kid up who can really contribute on the PK.

It looks like the Wings are handing these guys an open invitation to prove they belong in the NHL. We're seeing some impressive variety in terms of who's being given a shot in the NHL over the first dozen games of the season.

Holland doesn't want Nyquist, or Tatar, or Andersson getting too much playing time with the big club. That way their agents won't have ammo when their contracts are up and he can sign em for cheap.

If there's anything Holland is concerned about over winning it's tangential contractual possibilities, amirite? :lol:

I may be in the minority here but I havent been all that impressed with Andersson. For having a big body, he doesnt use it alot. What does he bring to the tabe for this team? I know he is young but he certainly hasnt dazzled. I would prefer Eaves in the line-up

Small sample size but he holds a 71.4% face off percentage right now. Certainly beats the 45.5% win percentage held by the Wings current 4th line center.

Guest The Axe

Eaves is glass. Andersson is probably trying real hard not to get out of position right now, so it's probably safe to say he needs a bit more time to get comfortable with a spot in the line-up before he goes all out. I'd rather give the new blood a chance.

I may be in the minority here but I havent been all that impressed with Andersson. For having a big body, he doesnt use it alot. What does he bring to the tabe for this team? I know he is young but he certainly hasnt dazzled. I would prefer Eaves in the line-up

I agree. The thing that stick out the most to me is he is slow. On the fourth line, we need speed and forchecking. His faceoffs are great, but I don't think that makes up for has lack of physicality and speed.

i agree about not using his body at all. 9 times out of 10, when a guy gets his first couple games in the nhl, he is skating around hitting everyone making sure the coaches know hes out there making an impact. andersson was the opposite of that. he was like franzen jr out there.

overall though, i do think he played well. i just wished we had someone more physical filling that bottom 6 role.

i agree about not using his body at all. 9 times out of 10, when a guy gets his first couple games in the nhl, he is skating around hitting everyone making sure the coaches know hes out there making an impact. andersson was the opposite of that. he was like franzen jr out there.

overall though, i do think he played well. i just wished we had someone more physical filling that bottom 6 role.

Babcock needs to put him on the line with Tootoo, have him show the kid how to throw his body around, and if he still doesn't get it, send him back down and call up Sheahan, he knows how to use his size.

Edited by McAwesome

Guest The Axe

He's currently too slow to cut it in the NHL.

Really? I thought he was quick last year.