• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/9 GDT : Oilers 1 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Good hard fought game, enjoyed that.

Pavel was more awesome than lemony-lemon cakes, and Ericsson looks like he is finally starting to be that "Chris Pronger without the crosschecks" that Babs promised us

Lest we become to optimistic, can someone please come up with a reason why the team didn't deserve to win this one?

:P

Um... we didn't deserve to win this one because Brunner didn't make the most of his opportunities. If he doesn't bury them every single time, WE'RE DOOMED!

Good hard fought game, enjoyed that.

Pavel was more awesome than lemony-lemon cakes

I think at one point Mickey described Dats as "a shark swimming in a sea of love. " Did anyone else catch that? LOL!

Um... we didn't deserve to win this one because Brunner didn't make the most of his opportunities. If he doesn't bury them every single time, WE'RE DOOMED!

This. His parents are never allowed in Detroit again.

Um... we didn't deserve to win this one because Brunner didn't make the most of his opportunities.

Ummm, yes, he shot quite a few times tonight, but really, he didn't have more than one quality scoring chance. I liked his play. He had a good assist and another good "3rd assist". Given the relatively short time on the ice for him (14:47), I'm okay with it!

Ummm, yes, he shot quite a few times tonight, but really, he didn't have more than one quality scoring chance. I liked his play. He had a good assist and another good "3rd assist". Given the relatively short time on the ice for him (14:47), I'm okay with it!

I think 55 may have been a little sarcastic. Possibly. ;)

Guest Crymson

As soon as you come up with a reason why Cleary is on the team.

I can tell you why he's still on the team. I can't tell you why he's still being played.

He'll undress you in a phone booth if you're looking for a nickel? Is that what Mickey said?

Mick said, "He'll undress you in a phone booth and you'll be looking for a nickel."

And to put it in full context, after Pavel took a rare and fairly uncontested slapshot from dead center around 15 feet inside the blue line, Mick said, "Way too much time though for Pavel. He likes it in short quarters, and he'll undress you in a phone booth and you'll be looking for a nickel."

Did anyone else watch the game on CBC? Canadian hockey coverage is the worst! They're so pro Canada with their comments that it really makes them look stupid. All game long they talked about Lidstrom retiring, how bad the Wings PP and PK was (after only 10 games), fast the Oilers are, and have the 4th best PP in the League. They also made a comment about how the Wings are retooling and the Oilers are ready to win now. :glare: Last I checked, the Oilers are still in the bottom 1/3 of the Western Conference. What's taking their rebuild so long?

Canadian stations (CBC and TSN) seem to have an agenda before the game starts, they don't call the game as it happens. As a Canadian, it's embarrassing.

To reply to all their stupid comments, the Oilers PP sucked today! They played sloppy all game, and had way to many turn overs.

The best announcers are ones you don't really notice. They let the game control the broadcast. Mickey, Ken, and Murph have to be amoung the best in the League, they just seem to enjoy themselves, and the game of Hockey. You won't find a better broadcast team out there then them.

As for the Wings, I think the first game was a wash, that wasn't this team. Take away Game 1 and we're 6-3-1.

Just wanted to also comment that I did not see the CBC coverage of the game, but as a rule, CBC is terribly pro-Canadian and regularly over-hypes any Canadian team. I watch a lot of CBC and it's a reoccuring theme, and is pretty pathedic. If a player is great, talk about them and cover them. I couldn't care less if they're from Kingston Ontario or not.