• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#261 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Wow.  Quincey barely played 13 minutes....

The Oilers only scored one goal. Coincidence?

#262 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

remember when everyone went apes*** over ericsson contract?

seems pretty worth it now considering hes probably the best defensive defenseman on the team.

#263 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

And we won, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cool:

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#264 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'm thrilled that E is getting some love after we were all ready to throw him under the bus recently.

Refs need to pocket the whistles.

That's all for now.  See you all tomorrow.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#265 Mater_Horn

Mater_Horn

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Um... we didn't deserve to win this one because Brunner didn't make the most of his opportunities. 

Ummm, yes, he shot quite a few times tonight, but really, he didn't have more than one quality scoring chance. I liked his play. He had a good assist and another good "3rd assist". Given the relatively short time on the ice for him (14:47), I'm okay with it!

#266 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think at one point Mickey described Dats as "a shark swimming in a sea of love. " Did anyone else catch that? LOL!

I believe he said "Sea of blood". lol  Hippie Datsyuk 

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#267 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

And we only gave up a goal.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#268 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I believe he said "Sea of blood". lol  Hippie Datsyuk 

LOL! Apparently I hear what I want to hear.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#269 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Ummm, yes, he shot quite a few times tonight, but really, he didn't have more than one quality scoring chance. I liked his play. He had a good assist and another good "3rd assist". Given the relatively short time on the ice for him (14:47), I'm okay with it!

I think 55 may have been a little sarcastic. Possibly. ;)

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#270 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

As soon as you come up with a reason why Cleary is on the team.  

I can tell you why he's still on the team. I can't tell you why he's still being played.

#271 Mater_Horn

Mater_Horn

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think 55 may have been a little sarcastic. Possibly. ;)

55 what? Sorry, I've just gone blank...

#272 guitard

guitard

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

He'll undress you in a phone booth if you're looking for a nickel?  Is that what Mickey said?

Mick said, "He'll undress you in a phone booth and you'll be looking for a nickel."

And to put it in full context, after Pavel took a rare and fairly uncontested slapshot from dead center around 15 feet inside the blue line, Mick said, "Way too much time though for Pavel.  He likes it in short quarters, and he'll undress you in a phone booth and you'll be looking for a nickel."

#273 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Did anyone else watch the game on CBC? Canadian hockey coverage is the worst! They're so pro Canada with their comments that it really makes them look stupid. All game long they talked about Lidstrom retiring, how bad the Wings PP and PK was (after only 10 games), fast the Oilers are, and have the 4th best PP in the League. They also made a comment about how the Wings are retooling and the Oilers are ready to win now. :glare:  Last I checked, the Oilers are still in the bottom 1/3 of the Western Conference. What's taking their rebuild so long?

Canadian stations (CBC and TSN) seem to have an agenda before the game starts, they don't call the game as it happens. As a Canadian, it's embarrassing.

To reply to all their stupid comments, the Oilers PP sucked today! They played sloppy all game, and had way to many turn overs.

The best announcers are ones you don't really notice. They let the game control the broadcast. Mickey, Ken, and Murph have to be amoung the best in the League, they just seem to enjoy themselves, and the game of Hockey. You won't find a better broadcast team out there then them.

As for the Wings, I think the first game was a wash, that wasn't this team. Take away Game 1 and we're 6-3-1.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#274 Mater_Horn

Mater_Horn

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

55 what? Sorry, I've just gone blank...

NVM, I got it. :innocent:

New to the board, sorry...

#275 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just wanted to also comment that I did not see the CBC coverage of the game, but as a rule, CBC is terribly pro-Canadian and regularly over-hypes any Canadian team. I watch a lot of CBC and it's a reoccuring theme, and is pretty pathedic. If a player is great, talk about them and cover them. I couldn't care less if they're from Kingston Ontario or not.

#276 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Really strong team effort again today. The refs interjected too much, but other than that fun game to watch. All four lines were generating chances at even strength.

Pav was brilliant. Ericsson was great defensively and especially on the PK.

I thought the game was well officiated.  Putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg back on the PK made a huge difference.  An enjoyable game to watch...

#277 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm thrilled that E is getting some love after we were all ready to throw him under the bus recently.

To be fair, we were ready to throw him under the bus because he has been atrocious at times in his career.  I still have nightmares about his play in the last Sharks series.

Putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg back on the PK made a huge difference.

Definately

Edited by Nev, 09 February 2013 - 05:31 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#278 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

The CBC crew was horrible.  I can still hear them talking about Schultz's "heavy" shot (even though it was a wrister).  And when he was stoned by Jimmy earlier in the game, all they could talk about, as the replay was being shown mind you, was how great his instincts were and how excited they were about his potential.  And oh yeah, Howard with the save.  :rolleyes:

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#279 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

The CBC crew was horrible.  I can still hear them talking about Schultz's "heavy" shot (even though it was a wrister).  And when he was stoned by Jimmy earlier in the game, all they could talk about, as the replay was being shown mind you, was how great his instincts were and how excited they were about his potential.  And oh yeah, Howard with the save.  :rolleyes:

esteef

Exactly. F those clowns.

#280 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

As soon as you come up with a reason why Cleary is on the team.  

We need someone to make Filppula look good.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!