• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/9 GDT : Oilers 1 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

Really strong team effort again today. The refs interjected too much, but other than that fun game to watch. All four lines were generating chances at even strength.

Pav was brilliant. Ericsson was great defensively and especially on the PK.

I thought the game was well officiated. Putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg back on the PK made a huge difference. An enjoyable game to watch...

I'm thrilled that E is getting some love after we were all ready to throw him under the bus recently.

To be fair, we were ready to throw him under the bus because he has been atrocious at times in his career. I still have nightmares about his play in the last Sharks series.

Putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg back on the PK made a huge difference.

Definately

Edited by Nev

The CBC crew was horrible. I can still hear them talking about Schultz's "heavy" shot (even though it was a wrister). And when he was stoned by Jimmy earlier in the game, all they could talk about, as the replay was being shown mind you, was how great his instincts were and how excited they were about his potential. And oh yeah, Howard with the save. :rolleyes:

esteef

Guest The Axe

The CBC crew was horrible. I can still hear them talking about Schultz's "heavy" shot (even though it was a wrister). And when he was stoned by Jimmy earlier in the game, all they could talk about, as the replay was being shown mind you, was how great his instincts were and how excited they were about his potential. And oh yeah, Howard with the save. :rolleyes:

esteef

Exactly. F those clowns.

Did anyone else watch the game on CBC? Canadian hockey coverage is the worst! They're so pro Canada with their comments that it really makes them look stupid. All game long they talked about Lidstrom retiring, how bad the Wings PP and PK was (after only 10 games), fast the Oilers are, and have the 4th best PP in the League. They also made a comment about how the Wings are retooling and the Oilers are ready to win now. :glare: Last I checked, the Oilers are still in the bottom 1/3 of the Western Conference. What's taking their rebuild so long?

Canadian stations (CBC and TSN) seem to have an agenda before the game starts, they don't call the game as it happens. As a Canadian, it's embarrassing.

To reply to all their stupid comments, the Oilers PP sucked today! They played sloppy all game, and had way to many turn overs.

The best announcers are ones you don't really notice. They let the game control the broadcast. Mickey, Ken, and Murph have to be amoung the best in the League, they just seem to enjoy themselves, and the game of Hockey. You won't find a better broadcast team out there then them.

As for the Wings, I think the first game was a wash, that wasn't this team. Take away Game 1 and we're 6-3-1.

Did anyone else watch the game on CBC? Canadian hockey coverage is the worst! They're so pro Canada with their comments that it really makes them look stupid. All game long they talked about Lidstrom retiring, how bad the Wings PP and PK was (after only 10 games), fast the Oilers are, and have the 4th best PP in the League. They also made a comment about how the Wings are retooling and the Oilers are ready to win now. :glare: Last I checked, the Oilers are still in the bottom 1/3 of the Western Conference. What's taking their rebuild so long?

Canadian stations (CBC and TSN) seem to have an agenda before the game starts, they don't call the game as it happens. As a Canadian, it's embarrassing.

To reply to all their stupid comments, the Oilers PP sucked today! They played sloppy all game, and had way to many turn overs.

The best announcers are ones you don't really notice. They let the game control the broadcast. Mickey, Ken, and Murph have to be amoung the best in the League, they just seem to enjoy themselves, and the game of Hockey. You won't find a better broadcast team out there then them.

As for the Wings, I think the first game was a wash, that wasn't this team. Take away Game 1 and we're 6-3-1.

I think it's a matter of perspective. You don't notice Ken and the gang because you agree with their take on the game... They are broadcasting the game to the red wings home market. The CBC broadcast is geared toward their home market Edmonton and Canada more generally.

As a wings fan I could see no more bias toward the Oilers on CBC than toward the Wings on an FSD broadcast.

Use the Chicago crew as the bar. They are disgustingly "homer" in their call of the game. The CBC broadcast today was not even on the same planet as that bar.

Guest Playmaker

The grass is green and the sky is blue. The CBC announcers are biased towards the Canadians and the Canadian teams? I think it's hilarious that fans think that Ken and Mickey are "unbiased" and every other teams announcers are anti Wing.

The grass is green and the sky is blue. The CBC announcers are biased towards the Canadians and the Canadian teams? I think it's hilarious that fans think that Ken and Mickey are "unbiased" and every other teams announcers are anti Wing.

I have NHL Gamecenter Live and watch all the teams - so I hear all the announcers. Of course, I hear Ken and Mickey more than any others because I am first and foremost a Wings fan. I can say this with confidence: on the scale of 1 to 10, wiith 10 being a complete homer and 1 being completely unbiased - Ken and Mickey are definitely close to low end.

With NHL Gamecenter Live, you can choose either team's annoucer feed. One thing I like to do is compare what the announcers say on controversial plays. There are some announcers who virtually never go against their own team on a controversial call. But Ken and Mickey do it all the time.

Case in point: the "illegal head shot" Backes layed on Huskins. From the second it happened, Ken and Mickey said it was a bad call.