• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#281 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

People are too hard on Val. Hes a bargain at 3 mil per.

#282 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Did anyone else watch the game on CBC? Canadian hockey coverage is the worst! They're so pro Canada with their comments that it really makes them look stupid. All game long they talked about Lidstrom retiring, how bad the Wings PP and PK was (after only 10 games), fast the Oilers are, and have the 4th best PP in the League. They also made a comment about how the Wings are retooling and the Oilers are ready to win now. :glare:  Last I checked, the Oilers are still in the bottom 1/3 of the Western Conference. What's taking their rebuild so long?

Canadian stations (CBC and TSN) seem to have an agenda before the game starts, they don't call the game as it happens. As a Canadian, it's embarrassing.

To reply to all their stupid comments, the Oilers PP sucked today! They played sloppy all game, and had way to many turn overs.

The best announcers are ones you don't really notice. They let the game control the broadcast. Mickey, Ken, and Murph have to be amoung the best in the League, they just seem to enjoy themselves, and the game of Hockey. You won't find a better broadcast team out there then them.

As for the Wings, I think the first game was a wash, that wasn't this team. Take away Game 1 and we're 6-3-1.

#283 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Did anyone else watch the game on CBC? Canadian hockey coverage is the worst! They're so pro Canada with their comments that it really makes them look stupid. All game long they talked about Lidstrom retiring, how bad the Wings PP and PK was (after only 10 games), fast the Oilers are, and have the 4th best PP in the League. They also made a comment about how the Wings are retooling and the Oilers are ready to win now. :glare:  Last I checked, the Oilers are still in the bottom 1/3 of the Western Conference. What's taking their rebuild so long?

Canadian stations (CBC and TSN) seem to have an agenda before the game starts, they don't call the game as it happens. As a Canadian, it's embarrassing.

To reply to all their stupid comments, the Oilers PP sucked today! They played sloppy all game, and had way to many turn overs.

The best announcers are ones you don't really notice. They let the game control the broadcast. Mickey, Ken, and Murph have to be amoung the best in the League, they just seem to enjoy themselves, and the game of Hockey. You won't find a better broadcast team out there then them.

As for the Wings, I think the first game was a wash, that wasn't this team. Take away Game 1 and we're 6-3-1.

I think it's a matter of perspective. You don't notice Ken and the gang because you agree with their take on the game... They are broadcasting the game to the red wings home market. The CBC broadcast is geared toward their home market Edmonton and Canada more generally.

As a wings fan I could see no more bias toward the Oilers on CBC than toward the Wings on an FSD broadcast.

Use the Chicago crew as the bar. They are disgustingly "homer" in their call of the game. The CBC broadcast today was not even on the same planet as that bar.

#284 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

TSN has the most unbiased broadcast of any sport.

bringit.jpg

#285 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

The grass is green and the sky is blue.  The CBC announcers are biased towards the Canadians and the Canadian teams?  I think it's hilarious that fans think that Ken and Mickey are "unbiased" and every other teams announcers are anti Wing. 

#286 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

TSN has the most unbiased broadcast of any sport.

TSN is great. CBC? Not so much.

#287 guitard

guitard

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

The grass is green and the sky is blue.  The CBC announcers are biased towards the Canadians and the Canadian teams?  I think it's hilarious that fans think that Ken and Mickey are "unbiased" and every other teams announcers are anti Wing. 

I have NHL Gamecenter Live and watch all the teams - so I hear all the announcers.  Of course, I hear Ken and Mickey more than any others because I am first and foremost a Wings fan.  I can say this with confidence: on the scale of 1 to 10, wiith 10 being a complete homer and 1 being completely unbiased - Ken and Mickey are definitely close to low end.

With NHL Gamecenter Live, you can choose either team's annoucer feed.  One thing I like to do is compare what the announcers say on controversial plays.  There are some announcers who virtually never go against their own team on a controversial call.  But Ken and Mickey do it all the time.

Case in point: the "illegal head shot" Backes layed on Huskins.  From the second it happened, Ken and Mickey said it was a bad call.

#288 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

People are too hard on Val. Hes a bargain at 3 mil per.

For now. Let someone else pay him more next year

#289 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

For now. Let someone else pay him more next year

Yikes! With our depth at center i hope you are joking?

#290 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

I think our broadcast team sucks personally, though there aren't very many that I've been a huge fan of. Maybe im just a cynic 

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#291 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Anyone know what Yakupov did to get a 2 mins unsportsmanlike?  Couldn't have been over the top goal celebration ... was he chirping Dats in Russian?

#292 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

It was after an offsides call, I think he said something the linesman didn't like.

And only 15 pages for a GDT, where is everyone??

Edited by Nev, 10 February 2013 - 04:15 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#293 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

We need someone to make Filppula look good.

?????????????