• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/10 GDT : Kings 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I'm not one to harp on announcers. I think a lot of the perceived injustices are just because people are Wings fans and hear what they want to hear.

But even on broadcasts for other teams, Olczyk is absolutely awful and unprofessional in his love for the Hawks and Pens and disdain for certain teams.

agreed. what he said today about the wings being the best team in getting away with interference just reeks of a sour grapes blackhawks fan.

i still cannot believe that nbc lets this guy work national televised games involving the blackhawks either

I'm not one to harp on announcers. I think a lot of the perceived injustices are just because people are Wings fans and hear what they want to hear.

But even on broadcasts for other teams, Olczyk is absolutely awful and unprofessional in his love for the Hawks and Pens and disdain for certain teams.

I'll never forget either last season or two seasons ago I think it was when the Wings beat the Hawks in OT and he let out a very obvious sigh on air right when they scored. It was very unprofessional.

I think it's funny how Olczyk is so bad when he doesn't credit the wings, but then Pierre credits Cleary for hard work in the corner and people here are still irritated. Guess they can't win. :)

I don't agree. I guess I don't see how he has disdain for other teams. I think a lot of the issue that wings fans have with him and the rest of the NBC team is that he isn't Ken and Mick.

I really do feel that announcer taste has to do with bias. People want to hear calls biased to their team. Ken and Mick are pretty good about making it not as biased as others announcing teams though.

The NBC team doesn't bother me. It's great to hear what other announcing teams think and not just kissing the butts of the Wings team and fans.

hahahhaa here is the nhls game recap

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2012020166&navid=DL|NHL|home

Ericsson scored with 4.5 seconds remaining and Howard made 45 saves as the Red Wings pulled off a thrilling 3-2 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champions in front of a big crowd at Staples Center and a national-TV audience.

Didn't know we changed the name of the Joe lmao

agreed. what he said today about the wings being the best team in getting away with interference just reeks of a sour grapes blackhawks fan.

i still cannot believe that nbc lets this guy work national televised games involving the blackhawks either

Especially considering he talks about the Wings "subtle interference" every single game he announces when they're playing.

It's not his mindset, but his physical skills which have deteriorated - and no - I don't by the "getting in shape" argument. Franzen, maybe yes. Cleary is just plain done.

He did have that surgery. Maybe he is, but I'd like to think (hope) he is going to surprise us all in the second half of the season.

I don't agree. I guess I don't see how he has disdain for other teams. I think a lot of the issue that wings fans have with him and the rest of the NBC team is that he isn't Ken and Mick. I really do feel that announcer taste has to do with bias. People want to hear calls biased to their team. Ken and Mick are pretty good about making it not as biased as others announcing teams though. The NBC team doesn't bother me. It's great to hear what other announcing teams think and not just kissing the butts of the Wings team and fans.

i think edzo went over the line today when he said that the wings are the best team at getting away with interference calls, as if the wings are the only team who even attempt to interfere with the opposing team.

I don't agree. I guess I don't see how he has disdain for other teams. I think a lot of the issue that wings fans have with him and the rest of the NBC team is that he isn't Ken and Mick. I really do feel that announcer taste has to do with bias. People want to hear calls biased to their team. Ken and Mick are pretty good about making it not as biased as others announcing teams though. The NBC team doesn't bother me. It's great to hear what other announcing teams think and not just kissing the butts of the Wings team and fans.

Overall I have no problem with Pierre and like Doc. I like the NBC crew in general.

But like I said, Olczyuk has consistently done this as an announcer. I said it as a joke, but it really is only a matter of time before he says "subtle interference" by the Wings because he talks about it every single game he announces of theirs. Even Emerick was making fun of him for it.

i think edzo went over the line today when he said that the wings are the best team at getting away with interference calls, as if the wings are the only team who even attempt to interfere with the opposing team.

If this is true then I agree. I didn't hear this though.

Whilst delighted that we got away with 2 points, I do feel bad for the Kings, they'll go a long, long time before they play better than that and come away with 0 points.

NHL.com have Ericssons goal down as unassisted btw

Overall I have no problem with Pierre and like Doc. I like the NBC crew in general.

But like I said, Olczyuk has consistently done this as an announcer. I said it as a joke, but it really is only a matter of time before he says "subtle interference" by the Wings because he talks about it every single game he announces of theirs. Even Emerick was making fun of him for it.

I will listen up for comments like this in the future. I haven't picked up on this though but if two people here say it happens there may be some truth to it.

Guest Crymson

BIG RIG just may be what he thought he was

They are who we THOUGHT they were!

If you ever get the chance, watch him commentate a game between the Hawks and the Pens. The conflict obviously going on within him at such times is hilarious. He's like a completely different person.

That was the loudest I've ever heard the joe when Ericsson scored.

Such an exciting game to be at.... Howie played out of his mind. Overall, everyone played pretty good other than at times in the second. Kindl impressed me a little too, he played more physical than I've ever seen him play before. Nice to be on a little winning streak too

I actually dont mind Eddie O. It is not easy to commentate without bias, and while there are some ways he picks on the Wings, he also says a lot of positive things about them. For the first while we heard him talk about Zetterberg and what a great leader he is, and about how great Nick Lidstrom was and etc. Also, when he mentions the "Subtle interference" I see that as him complimenting the Wings because he is saying that they are the best at doing it in a way that they do not get caught... that is part of their game and it helps their success. He is not saying the Wings should be penalized, but rather that they do it extremely well.

He is by far not one of my favorites, but he is not as bad as you make him out to be. Also, I had a good laugh with his reference to the cookie jar joke that he had.

That was the loudest I've ever heard the joe when Ericsson scored.

The fact it eeked over the line helped build the sound I think. We should reminisce about our favorite goals that never made it to the back of the net.

Edited by Jersey Wing