• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/10 GDT : Kings 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

That was the loudest I've ever heard the joe when Ericsson scored.

'97 cup

Rafalski's game 5 goal vs Pittsburgh

Game 6 vs San Jose

only times when it was topped

Edzo mentions the Wing's "subtle interference" even when he's calling other games. I watch a lot of hockey not just the Wings. Is Edzo knowledgeable, yes. Is he biased against the Wings, yes. For what it's worth I think the Kings crew is pretty good.

esteef

Low fives! :lol:

esteef

Edited by esteef

'97 cup

Rafalski's game 5 goal vs Pittsburgh

Game 6 vs San Jose

only times when it was topped

Even though they lost the game, Rafalski's game 5 goal is my favorite goal/ celebration. The look on his face is joy in the purest form. Still gives me chills when I watch that game.

From HFB;

BCxCi3MCMAAqb5I.jpg

i'd have to see a full replay to see exactly how the puck was played, but it probably was ruled.... positive control? I know there's been some messy calls with that ruling, especially when Iginila burned us on it a few seasons ago

A poster on HFB said it the best, inwhich most can agree with;

paraphrased, he simply said, the refs didn't call offsides, the la kings didn't scream about it, the players didn't scream about it, quick didn't scream about it, it was a missed call. it happens. you win some you lose some. normally linesmen are outstanding when it comes to offsides, but when noone screamed about it after it had happened, it's not their fault. if people "knew" it was offsides, it would've been pointed out during the game.

Great win today..... Ok maybe not a "great" win, but anytime you can steal a game when you are outplayed, it is a good day. We have to steal em when we can.

Steal em when you can, absolutely. This team played 19 hours before they played a very physical Kings team. They went from young and high speed Edmonton, inwhich they had to try and shut it down or match it, to a very physical Kings team. Luckily, Howard was there to step it up and keep em in it. First period, we looked good. Second, we looked HORRIBLE and ran down. Third period, it looked like Babs or someone got through to the team and they got that second wind. They knew they had only 20 more minutes til it was done. When looking at the clock, and having 40 minutes to play, it affects your game, especially if you just played the night before. When you see the final 20 minutes on the board, you get that adrenaline rush and you push it. As much as it sounds silly, it seriously acts that way. When you see 40 minutes, it's hard to push the motivation, but when you have 20 minutes left, you can excel those final 20.

Steal em when you can, absolutely. This team played 19 hours before they played a very physical Kings team. They went from young and high speed Edmonton, inwhich they had to try and shut it down or match it, to a very physical Kings team. Luckily, Howard was there to step it up and keep em in it. First period, we looked good. Second, we looked HORRIBLE and ran down. Third period, it looked like Babs or someone got through to the team and they got that second wind. They knew they had only 20 more minutes til it was done. When looking at the clock, and having 40 minutes to play, it affects your game, especially if you just played the night before. When you see the final 20 minutes on the board, you get that adrenaline rush and you push it. As much as it sounds silly, it seriously acts that way. When you see 40 minutes, it's hard to push the motivation, but when you have 20 minutes left, you can excel those final 20.

Wished i could have watched it. Kal/Woods made it sound like Howie was standing on his head making saves.

Wished i could have watched it. Kal/Woods made it sound like Howie was standing on his head making saves.

Brother, the amount of scoring chances that Howie denied today... should just shut anyone up calling him decent. His play reading, his lateral movements, he was one step ahead of the forwards and you wish that upon any goaltender. The first goal wasn't his fault, as a perfect second chance came to a stronger Kopitar versus Cleary. It was a horrible matchup all game, and if you want to blame Cleary whatever, but he certainly tried to tie his stick down and eliminate the shot. Kopitar is just a strong ass player that can outwork most of this league, in my opinion, he's one of the best forwards in this league (I may be biased, as the Kings are one of my favorite teams). On the second goal, Quincey went to grab the puck like he was a goaltender instead of just dropping and clearing the puck. He got out of position and allowed them to get the secondary on Howard (which, all night Howard was sharper than ever on the secondaries).

You ought to go post this on some Kings board. Thanks for the correct pic.

Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't the puck have to be in the zone actually? It has to completely exit the zone, past the blue line to come out, so isn't it the same going in? I've played hockey my whole life but that's not one I can answer for some reason. It escapes me.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26497

Rule 83.1 - The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leadingedge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.

My interpretation is that as long as the puck is 100% on the blueline and you are either bringing it in or a drop-pass and if you're in control of the puck (similar to how they let players skate in backwards and pick up the puck off the blueline).

Any questions??

I guess I'm not sure what that's supposed to be showing.

In order for the play to be onsides, the puck needs to be completely over the blueline before the players skate. So that pic doesn't really prove anything.

In fact, the original picture shows that Dats was clearly in the zone before the puck completely crossed the blueline, so it sure looks like he was offsides. But I'm coming in partway through this discussion so maybe i'm missing the context.

Like someone else said, I'd have to see a replay to really know for sure, but by the pictures of it Dats looked offsides.