given up 38 shots in 2 periods. wow

#262 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Kyle Clifford is nice player

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#263 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

This is a weird feeling. Our goalie frustrating people instead of the usual us make Steve Mason look like Jacques Plante kind of game.

#264 djv19

djv19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Lucky to be up by 1

#265 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Jimmy is stealing this one for use just like you need your tender to do some times....we play a good third and we can steal this one.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#266 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

There are times when it seems like a team is winning every battle for the puck and then there is this game...when they actually ARE. Kudos to Jimmy though.

#267 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

After the game yesterday, I'm not surprised to see our team tiring out a bit.

Posted Image

#268 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

brunner getting better defensively good looks

howie one more period

#269 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Lucky to be up by 1

Luck has nothing to do with it..our goalie is stealing us a game.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#270 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

It's the same theme everytime Eddie O and Pierre call a Wings game.  "How can the team playing the Wings beat the Wings."  It's like reviewing tape with the opposing team's coaches.

esteef

I've noticed the same thing. It's like in his mind Wings were this unbeatable powerhouse team and a good storyline for the game is if some other team can beat the "Goliath".

Wings are really tired but are still holding up. I hope they can get some energy back during the break.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#271 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

wow, what a bitchslap of a period.  We could barely get it out of our own zone, let alone get it in theirs.  Forget keeping it in their zone.....

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#272 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Say what you want about the Wings, but they are simply gassed out. This is why you should not have to play a game less than 24 hours after playing the day before. Anyways, the Wings are in survival mode just trying to get out with a "W". Hopefully the Wings find some life in the 3rd and get another goal or 2 to put this game away for Howie who has been fantastic.

#273 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Did they just say the Kings were "sloppy"?  Was it just the second period in this particular game, or do the Kings always have sloppy seconds?

#274 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Kyle Clifford is nice player

I'd love to have a guy like Clifford on the Wings. 

6'2" 210 lbs.  works hard every shift.  can chip in some goals.  Very physical. Will drop the gloves with anyone. 

#275 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Brunner seeing about 4 minutes less ice time than Cleary, who has the third most behind Dats and Z.

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#276 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

What would take to get Clowe?

Starting point is Francine...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#277 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

After my rant yesterday about how horrible Canadian stations cover hockey, NBC does it right! No favorites, no agenda to try and make certain teams and players look good, no trying to brainwash the audience, and just announcing the game as it happens. Plus NBC has great arena sound, you can really hear the game... CBC and TSN are a joke!

As for today's game, great game by Howard! Typical game by the Wings for a team playing the second game of a back-to-back. Hopefully we can get an early 3rd period goal, and then defend two late Kings Power Plays :lol:

Edited by Barrie, 10 February 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#278 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Fleury = average

:ninja:

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#279 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Brunner seeing about 4 minutes less ice time than Cleary, who has the third most behind Dats and Z.

This makes my head explode.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#280 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

After my rant yesterday about how horrible Canadian stations cover hockey, NBC does it right! No favorites, no agenda to try and make certain teams and players look good, no trying to brainwash the audience, and just announcing the game as it happens. Plus NBC has great arena sound, you can really hear the game... CBC and TSN are a joke!

As for today's game, great game by Howard! Typical game by the Wings for a team playing the second game of a back-to-back. Hopefully we can get an early 3rd period goal, and then defend two late Kings Power Plays :lol:

NBC is American. As are both teams.  Who are they going to be bias towards?