• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#441 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I think it's funny how Olczyk is so bad when he doesn't credit the wings, but then Pierre credits Cleary for hard work in the corner and people here are still irritated. Guess they can't win. :)

I'm not one to harp on announcers.  I think a lot of the perceived injustices are just because people are Wings fans and hear what they want to hear.  

But even on broadcasts for other teams, Olczyk is absolutely awful and unprofessional in his love for the Hawks and Pens and disdain for certain teams. 

• Nev likes this

#442 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Once the Kings get it going they will be alright. They looked good today. Just Jimmy was better :D

Yeah, they had a half of season of games like this last season and all they did is win The Cup with one of the most dominating playoff performances in recent years.

#443 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

That's a heartbreaker for the Kings.  They're struggling as a team and played great this game overall.  

Jimmy just wouldn't let them score. 

Ya I was jumping up and down when we won, but honestly as soon as I saw Quick's face I felt pretty bad for the guy. He played one of his best games of the year, and to have a goal squeek by him like that with 4 seconds left was probably just crushing for him. The whole team played probably their best game of the year, but they were up against a hot goalie, they tied it late, they were thinking they would get at least a point out of it, but they had another heart wrenching loss. The kings play tomorrow too, they will be exhausted

#444 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Once the Kings get it going they will be alright. They looked good today. Just Jimmy was better :D

Oh man, if an average goalie did that to them, I don't even WANT to see what an "elite" goaltender would do!!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#445 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Same here. I think he's still trying to get in shape, but the guy still has the warrior mindset.

It's not his mindset, but his physical skills which have deteriorated - and no - I don't by the "getting in shape" argument.  Franzen, maybe yes.  Cleary is just plain done.

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#446 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

That was the greatest game Ericsson has ever played. 

#447 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I like this team a lot, they have to work hard for their wins. 5th in the Conference :thumbup:

Looking forward to Wednesday vs. The Blues

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#448 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

161369731_slide.jpg

• Nev likes this

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#449 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 575 posts

#450 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

It was Miller who failed to get the puck out of his zone.

Why was the 4th line even out there with less than 1:30 to go anyways ? They barely played the entire period. Datsyuk or Z should have been there for sure.

#451 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm not one to harp on announcers.  I think a lot of the perceived injustices are just because people are Wings fans and hear what they want to hear.  

But even on broadcasts for other teams, Olczyk is absolutely awful and unprofessional in his love for the Hawks and Pens and disdain for certain teams. 

agreed. what he said today about the wings being the best team in getting away with interference just reeks of a sour grapes blackhawks fan.

i still cannot believe that nbc lets this guy work national televised games involving the blackhawks either

#452 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

I'll never forget either last season or two seasons ago I think it was when the Wings beat the Hawks in OT and he let out a very obvious sigh on air right when they scored. It was very unprofessional.

#453 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#454 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Honestly that does look like it hit someone out front of Quick.  Whether it was Cleary or the Kings player I can't tell.

(I'm referring to the Ericsson goal)

#455 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

I think it's funny how Olczyk is so bad when he doesn't credit the wings, but then Pierre credits Cleary for hard work in the corner and people here are still irritated. Guess they can't win. :)

I'm not one to harp on announcers. I think a lot of the perceived injustices are just because people are Wings fans and hear what they want to hear.

I don't agree. I guess I don't see how he has disdain for other teams. I think a lot of the issue that wings fans have with him and the rest of the NBC team is that he isn't Ken and Mick.

I really do feel that announcer taste has to do with bias. People want to hear calls biased to their team. Ken and Mick are pretty good about making it not as biased as others announcing teams though.

The NBC team doesn't bother me. It's great to hear what other announcing teams think and not just kissing the butts of the Wings team and fans.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#456 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

hahahhaa here is the nhls game recap

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Ericsson scored with 4.5 seconds remaining and Howard made 45 saves as the Red Wings pulled off a thrilling 3-2 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champions in front of a big crowd at Staples Center and a national-TV audience.

Didn't know we changed the name of the Joe lmao

#457 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Why was the 4th line even out there with less than 1:30 to go anyways ? They barely played the entire period. Datsyuk or Z should have been there for sure.

Fresher legs. Wings just finushed a PP.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#458 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

agreed. what he said today about the wings being the best team in getting away with interference just reeks of a sour grapes blackhawks fan.

i still cannot believe that nbc lets this guy work national televised games involving the blackhawks either

Especially considering he talks about the Wings "subtle interference" every single game he announces when they're playing. 

#459 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

It's not his mindset, but his physical skills which have deteriorated - and no - I don't by the "getting in shape" argument.  Franzen, maybe yes.  Cleary is just plain done.

He did have that surgery. Maybe he is, but I'd like to think (hope) he is going to surprise us all in the second half of the season.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#460 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I don't agree. I guess I don't see how he has disdain for other teams. I think a lot of the issue that wings fans have with him and the rest of the NBC team is that he isn't Ken and Mick. I really do feel that announcer taste has to do with bias. People want to hear calls biased to their team. Ken and Mick are pretty good about making it not as biased as others announcing teams though. The NBC team doesn't bother me. It's great to hear what other announcing teams think and not just kissing the butts of the Wings team and fans.

i think edzo went over the line today when he said that the wings are the best team at getting away with interference calls, as if the wings are the only team who even attempt to interfere with the opposing team.