• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#461 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I don't agree. I guess I don't see how he has disdain for other teams. I think a lot of the issue that wings fans have with him and the rest of the NBC team is that he isn't Ken and Mick. I really do feel that announcer taste has to do with bias. People want to hear calls biased to their team. Ken and Mick are pretty good about making it not as biased as others announcing teams though. The NBC team doesn't bother me. It's great to hear what other announcing teams think and not just kissing the butts of the Wings team and fans.

Overall I have no problem with Pierre and like Doc.  I like the NBC crew in general.

But like I said, Olczyuk has consistently done this as an announcer.  I said it as a joke, but it really is only a matter of time before he says "subtle interference" by the Wings because he talks about it every single game he announces of theirs.  Even Emerick was making fun of him for it. 

#462 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'll never forget... I think it was

Made me chuckle.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#463 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

i'm speechless can't believe we won. It feels like forever ago when Dats scored that sick goal to I almost forgot about that. Outstanding team effort way to go boys

#464 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

I don't agree. I guess I don't see how he has disdain for other teams. I think a lot of the issue that wings fans have with him and the rest of the NBC team is that he isn't Ken and Mick. I really do feel that announcer taste has to do with bias. People want to hear calls biased to their team. Ken and Mick are pretty good about making it not as biased as others announcing teams though. The NBC team doesn't bother me. It's great to hear what other announcing teams think and not just kissing the butts of the Wings team and fans.

i think edzo went over the line today when he said that the wings are the best team at getting away with interference calls, as if the wings are the only team who even attempt to interfere with the opposing team.

If this is true then I agree. I didn't hear this though.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#465 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Whilst delighted that we got away with 2 points, I do feel bad for the Kings, they'll go a long, long time before they play better than that and come away with 0 points.

NHL.com have Ericssons goal down as unassisted btw

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#466 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Overall I have no problem with Pierre and like Doc. I like the NBC crew in general.

But like I said, Olczyuk has consistently done this as an announcer. I said it as a joke, but it really is only a matter of time before he says "subtle interference" by the Wings because he talks about it every single game he announces of theirs. Even Emerick was making fun of him for it.

I will listen up for comments like this in the future. I haven't picked up on this though but if two people here say it happens there may be some truth to it.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#467 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Ansar Khan
@AnsarKhanMLive

Wings' Ericsson: "One of the linesmen thanked me for scoring because he said he had to go pee."

:lol:

#468 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I thought Pavs touched the puck on its route to Ericsson... 

#469 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

I was quite surprised to not hear Pierre slobber all over sid regarding what Gretzky said about Hank.  Thanks Pepe!

[attachment=3434:pierre.jpg]

Edited by Marty Barry, 10 February 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#470 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

BIG RIG just may be what he thought he was

They are who we THOUGHT they were!

I'm not one to harp on announcers.  I think a lot of the perceived injustices are just because people are Wings fans and hear what they want to hear.  

But even on broadcasts for other teams, Olczyk is absolutely awful and unprofessional in his love for the Hawks and Pens and disdain for certain teams. 

If you ever get the chance, watch him commentate a game between the Hawks and the Pens. The conflict obviously going on within him at such times is hilarious. He's like a completely different person.

#471 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

That was the loudest I've ever heard the joe when Ericsson scored.

Such an exciting game to be at.... Howie played out of his mind. Overall, everyone played pretty good other than at times in the second. Kindl impressed me a little too, he played more physical than I've ever seen him play before. Nice to be on a little winning streak too

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#472 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

I actually dont mind Eddie O. It is not easy to commentate without bias, and while there are some ways he picks on the Wings, he also says a lot of positive things about them. For the first while we heard him talk about Zetterberg and what a great leader he is, and about how great Nick Lidstrom was and etc. Also, when he mentions the "Subtle interference" I see that as him complimenting the Wings because he is saying that they are the best at doing it in a way that they do not get caught... that is part of their game and it helps their success. He is not saying the Wings should be penalized, but rather that they do it extremely well.

He is by far not one of my favorites, but he is not as bad as you make him out to be. Also, I had a good laugh with his reference to the cookie jar joke that he had. 

#473 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

3 wins in 4 days is BOSS. 6 points in the bank out of 6. Not bad with a pretty full infirmary. 

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#474 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

We're getting Pierre and Edzo again on Wednesday, just saying.

bringit.jpg

#475 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

The fact it eeked over the line helped build the sound I think. We should reminisce about our favorite goals that never made it to the back of the net.

Edited by Jersey Wing, 10 February 2013 - 03:53 PM.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#476 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

'97 cup

Rafalski's game 5 goal vs Pittsburgh

Game 6 vs San Jose

only times when it was topped

bringit.jpg

#477 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Jonathan E 2 pts

Jonathan Q 0 pts

#478 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Edzo mentions the Wing's "subtle interference" even when he's calling other games.  I watch a lot of hockey not just the Wings.  Is Edzo knowledgeable, yes.  Is he biased against the Wings, yes.  For what it's worth I think the Kings crew is pretty good.

esteef

Low fives! :lol:

esteef

Edited by esteef, 10 February 2013 - 04:02 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#479 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

'97 cup
Rafalski's game 5 goal vs Pittsburgh
Game 6 vs San Jose

only times when it was topped

Even though they lost the game, Rafalski's game 5 goal is my favorite goal/ celebration. The look on his face is joy in the purest form. Still gives me chills when I watch that game.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#480 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Agree