• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
derblaueClaus

Joey MacDonald claimed by Calgary off waivers

Rate this topic

According to Darren "The Face" Dreger the Red Wings placed McDonald on waivers.

@DarrenDreger

@DarrenDreger: Petrecki and Tyrell cleared Waivers. Det places MacDonald and Buf places Ellis on Waivers.

Looks like Mrazek stays a little longer until Gustavsson is healthy again.

Edited by derblaueClaus

Oh wow, with talks of him starting this weekend I thought we would've kept him around but i'm also happy to see that the franchise has their eyes set on Mrazek and Monster. Obviously Mrazek is going to go back down to GRR so he can keep developing, but that trio is going to be great to push one another.

if gustavsson is out for a while, i could see joey going down to GR, getting into playing shape, then coming back up so mrazek can go back to GR and play regularly. essentially a conditioning assignment. obviously if gustavsson gets healthy, then joey would just stay down. i assume he would stay in GR and mccollum would go to the E.

I don't see all the hate on MacDonald. When he came up for us, he came up big. When we needed him, he threw out some outstanding performances. If he did get claimed, and was able to secure himself a back-up role permanently for someone, I would be happy. He certainly could help out someone, just unfortunately it can't be for us. Howie, Monster and Mrazek seem to be the future of this organization right now (obviously we haven't seen Monster, but I feel like he's going be outstanding for us when needed)

I don't see all the hate on MacDonald. When he came up for us, he came up big. When we needed him, he threw out some outstanding performances. If he did get claimed, and was able to secure himself a back-up role permanently for someone, I would be happy. He certainly could help out someone, just unfortunately it can't be for us. Howie, Monster and Mrazek seem to be the future of this organization right now (obviously we haven't seen Monster, but I feel like he's going be outstanding for us when needed)

I don't see much hate towards MacDonald. Everyone recognizes he's come up big for us when called upon, but he is what he is. He'll never be a #1 goalie, and he'll probably never be a steady backup either. He seems like a great guy so I wish him the best, but I'd much rather see a kid like Mrazek get a bigger opportunity and chance to gain NHL experience than to play MacDonald.

I don't see much hate towards MacDonald. Everyone recognizes he's come up big for us when called upon, but he is what he is. He'll never be a #1 goalie, and he'll probably never be a steady backup either. He seems like a great guy so I wish him the best, but I'd much rather see a kid like Mrazek get a bigger opportunity and chance to gain NHL experience than to play MacDonald.

I meant to specify what i meant by hate. It wasn't exactly hate but not believing in him, or making fun of him sort of say. What i'm saying is, he could help out another team, much more than what he can help our team. So I just want to give him the congrats and hopefully he can be that good backup for someone, because in my eyes, given the opportunity to back someone up with solid playing time, he could make the best of it. He knows how to ride the bench and accept it, and he can come out big when needed... some teams need that.

Guest Playmaker

I think Joey Mac was solid last year when Howard went out with the injury. Everyone thought the streak would come to an end after Jimmy went out. Probably not a #1 guy, but I think he's a respectable backup.

Sportsnet is reporting that the Flames pick up Joey MacDonald on waivers. Best of lucky Joey (except against the Wings) thanks for your time here.

Confirmed by Dreger...

CGY claims MacDonald off Waivers from DET, Ellis clear Waivers, and EDM places Hordichuk on Waivers.

Calgary needed a goalie, since Kipper is out with an MCL injury.

As stated before, this shows that the Wings wanted to keep Mrazek in town until Monster is able to play again. I'm 100% ok with that.

A little insight from Bob McKenzie...

CGY claimed G Joey MacDonald from DET because he's a vet backup who CGY pro scouts have rated highly. Experience upgrade over Irving.
Kiprusoff skating today. If all goes well, Kiprusoff comes off IR and likely to play Wednesday. MacDonald expected to be Kiprusoff's backup.