• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2013 MLB Thread

Rate this topic

Ugh. I guess it's worth a shot, but all I can think about is Valverde getting shelled in the playoffs. Unless he has regained some velocity, I don't know how this can possibly work out. At this point, I think you may as well give Al Al a chance to close. Coke can't get out righties whatsoever, Dotel struggles with lefties, so neither is fit unless you mix/match in the 9th.

I don't mind the closer by committee as long as Leyland uses guys properly. Coke exclusively was never going to work with his splits against right-handers. The upside is that at least they can work thought this as best as possible early in the season. It stinks to blow games late, but if the problem persists, then DD knows he has to make a move this summer.

Oh boy, the bullpen is really bad. The offense and starting pitching is loaded if they can just get some help from the relievers to hold leads. Villarreal has to start throwing strikes. It's the same reason he wasn't on the playoff roster and it isn't fixed at all.

Torii Hunter is terrific, though. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the team.

Edited by GoWings1905

Oh boy, the bullpen is really bad. The offense and starting pitching is loaded if they can just get some help from the relievers to hold leads. Villarreal has to start throwing strikes. It's the same reason he wasn't on the playoff roster and it isn't fixed at all.

Torii Hunter is terrific, though. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the team.

Hunter has been an amazing addition to this team, I fully agree.

I can't believe how bad the bullpen has been. Everyone knew there'd be question marks, but damn it's been downright awful these first two weeks. Villarreal should be optioned and Marte should be brought up. I think they truly need a closer, too. The committee style seems to be throwing the whole thing out of whack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QITh123xKaE

Q: What costs $147 million?

A: Oh, snap.

Trying to go shoulder-to-shoulder was a bad move, to say the least. Quinten overreacted in a major way, though. I don't blame Kemp a bit for being hot about it, since Marquis sent one past his head in the third. Quinten has literally been pegged by strikes, I don't blame the Dodgers for wanting revenge - especially after Quinten's comments after the game.

I know I already posted this, but I'm not writing for that blog I previously mentioned. Those of you who are Tigers fans would enjoy it, I think. Assuming you like cursing and totally biased Tigers opinions (sorry cusimano_brothers).

Last time I post it, I swear. I'm just excited to have joined the blog. My first real post will appear tomorrow, but we're trying to drive some traffic and get some discussion going - so if you feel like waxing about the Tigers for any reason..

cropped-untitled-4.png

Won't post it again. I swear.

To make this post worthwhile, I will say that it was huge of the Tigers to take 2 of 3 from the A's. Stopping the (2nd) hottest team in baseball is no easy task, but Saturday and Sunday looked like cake walks. I hope there isn't any let down in Seattle. The M's at their worst seem to get the best of the Tigers for whatever reason.

Hey guys, I need to become a pro Tigers fan by the end of June and was hoping you could help me out. I've read through the thread and a coupe blogs that were posted but is there anyway it can be related to hockey? I'm trying to become bilingual in sports but hockey is currently the only language I speak. :P