• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2013 MLB Thread

Rate this topic

I know that MLB had suggested that Mr. Rivera start the ASG. He declined, a decision that you would expect from him.

hi-res-173705076_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=

Everything went perfectly, from Leyland's decision to use him an inning early to his last ASG entrance from the 'pen, which was a lot classier than usual.

Next up, Uncle Bud's dealing with:

A) Biogenesis or

B) Expanded instant replay.

They both might happen next season.

I highly doubt Lincecum gets traded any time soon.

Eh, who knows. They are in last place and I'm sure some team in the playoff hunt will want him as a reliever, considering how effective he was at it last post-season, compared to his lacking as a starter.

Anyways, Tigers made a move to boost their bullpen by acquiring Jose Veras. Solid, cheap move for a vet having a good season this year.

Eh, who knows. They are in last place and I'm sure some team in the playoff hunt will want him as a reliever, considering how effective he was at it last post-season, compared to his lacking as a starter.

I saw on MSN sports today that yes you were right the Giants might have a sale BUT

Giants won it all in 2010 and missed the playoffs in 2011.

No need to panic. It's baseball for ya.

I'll be very surprised if the Giants get rid of Lincecum...

@DannyKnoblerCBS: Tigers people understandably celebrating last night's big trade. Love idea of long-term Iglesias-Perez DP combo.

Defensive wizardry on the infield? Sounds good to me. Losing Garcia stings, but you have to give talent to get it. Plus, that gives Detroit two Plus defenders at premium positions.

Iglesias is tremendous in the field.

The problem is, he's close to an automatic out at the plate. He makes Ramon Santiago look like a Hall-of-Famer at the plate.

Iggy has a .464 OPs in July, following a couple of months of unsustainable BABIP.

I saw on MSN sports today that yes you were right the Giants might have a sale BUT

Giants won it all in 2010 and missed the playoffs in 2011.

No need to panic. It's baseball for ya.

I'll be very surprised if the Giants get rid of Lincecum...

I bet he's kicking himself because I believe there was a big contract on the table before he went with the short term deal. I believe it was reported to be somewhere up to $100 mil for a number of years. Just gives him more incentive now to get back into form and back to dominating. He's still fairly young and has years left.

Unless I'm confused and that short term deal was the result of his arbitration? I can't remember. Either way I'm pretty sure he turned down big money for some reason.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

13 players suspended.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/biogenesis-scandal-mlb-suspends-13-players-including-rod-190720911.html

Here's the entire list of suspensions:
Alex Rodriguez (New York Yankees) — 211 games
Nelson Cruz (Texas Rangers) — 50 games
Jhonny Peralta (Detroit Tigers) — 50 games
• Everth Cabrera (San Diego Padres) — 50 games
• Francisco Cervelli (New York Yankees) — 50 games
• Jesus Montero (Seattle Mariners minor leaguer) — 50 games
• Cesar Puello (Seattle Mariners minor leaguer) — 50 games
• Fernando Martinez (Seattle Mariners minor leaguer) — 50 games
• Jordan Norberto (free agent) — 50 games
• Fautino De Los Santos (free agent) — 50 games
• Jordany Valdespin (Mets minor leaguer) — 50 games
Antonio Bastardo (Philadelphia Phillies) — 50 games
Sergio Escalona (Houston Astros minor leaguer) — 50 games

Until some concrete evidence comes out against the likes of Peralta and the others who were suspended - this will feel like a farce. I don't doubt that any of these players cheated, but I'd say it's the fans right to know. Otherwise, it comes across like the MLB napalming everyone to get to Braun and Rodriguez for ever making fools out of the league.

Only thirteen? Interesting. Of course, this only deals with one "supplier".

A-Nob was given a "warm" reception in Chicago. Couldn't happen to a nicer "team player".

Of the "Dirty 13", maybe the funniest story deals with Nelson Cruz. He accepts the suspension at a time when he is arguably Texas' top player, a team thick in the pennant race. Why did he choose this route? Next year, he's a free agent; the team be damned.

Jersey burnings to follow?

Only thirteen? Interesting. Of course, this only deals with one "supplier".

A-Nob was given a "warm" reception in Chicago. Couldn't happen to a nicer "team player".

Of the "Dirty 13", maybe the funniest story deals with Nelson Cruz. He accepts the suspension at a time when he is arguably Texas' top player, a team thick in the pennant race. Why did he choose this route? Next year, he's a free agent; the team be damned.

Jersey burnings to follow?

Peralta chose to accept is suspension for the same reason. Though, he isn't as important to the Tigers as Cruz is.