• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Devils Shopping D

Rate this topic

Almost half the teams in the league have scouts at the NJD game tonight (including Detroit). Word is they're shopping D-men. Willing to part with Volchenkov or Tallinder. Want a top forward in return. AKA a Filppula or Franzen.

If they will take franzen, DONE! takes 4 million off of our cap for the next 8 years! Or is it 9..... some long a$$ time.

Not sure if they can trade Vol. according to capgeek, he has a full NTC. Tallinder would be fine, his contract is done after next season.

Now if we are looking to get something to build with, go after Fayne.

If they will take franzen, DONE! takes 4 million off of our cap for the next 8 years! Or is it 9..... some long a$$ time.

Not sure if they can trade Vol. according to capgeek, he has a full NTC. Tallinder would be fine, his contract is done after next season.

Now if we are looking to get something to build with, go after Fayne.

Vol could easily waive his NTC to play here, but I don't know if he would with how the Devs have been playing

Franzen for Volchenkov? Yeah, done. I really don't like trading roster players and would hardly ever do it but not only would it be a massive weight off of our back cap-wise but we'd be losing a guy who more often than not plays like he doesn't give a s***. It'd be easier to find another top 6 guy than it would be to find a top defender with Volchenkov's defensive acumen.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Franzen for Volchenkov? Yeah, done. I really don't like trading roster players and would hardly ever do it but not only would it be a massive weight off of our back cap-wise but we'd be losing a guy who more often than not plays like he doesn't give a s***. It'd be easier to find another top 6 guy than it would be to find a top defender with Volchenkov's defensive acumen.

I must say Volchenkov is the exact type of player we need on the back end. My problem with trading Franzen is that he's basically our only power forward besides the aging Bertuzzi. Our front of the net presence would be very depleted. And who would we put in front of goalies on the PP?

IMO I think Franzen takes way too much crap around here. He goes from a guy everyone raves about as a playoff machine, then one bad playoff run and now he's pretty much despised and NEEDS to be traded.

I'll admit he doesn't have the best contract though

I must say Volchenkov is the exact type of player we need on the back end. My problem with trading Franzen is that he's basically our only power forward besides the aging Bertuzzi. Our front of the net presence would be very depleted. And who would we put in front of goalies on the PP?

IMO I think Franzen takes way too much crap around here. He goes from a guy everyone raves about as a playoff machine, then one bad playoff run and now he's pretty much despised and NEEDS to be traded.

I'll admit he doesn't have the best contract though

$4 million for a 30 goal scorer? Thats a steal for any team

Guest Johnz96

Whenever I have seen Volchenkov play, I have always been impressed with his shot blocking and physical play but if he is so good why do they play him so little? Last year he was 7th among Devil's d-men in ice-time per game and they played him even less in the playoffs and this year he is 6th.

I don't think we need another 3rd pair defenseman

Edited by Johnz96

Whenever I have seen him play I have always been impressed with his shot blocking and physical play but if he is so good why do they play him so little? Last year he was 7th among Devil's d-men in ice-time per game and they played him even less in the playoffs and this year he is 6th.

I don't think we need another 3rd pair defenseman

Some of that is because the devils are really deep at D. Though they did move one IIRC.

$4 million for a 30 goal scorer? Thats a steal for any team

LOL. Clarkston who scored 30 goals last year makes 2.7 million. he also passes, checks, fights, and shows great leadership. Franzen..... not so much.....of anything. BTW Franzen-who everyone said was playing great this year, is on a pace that over 82 games would score 19 goals.

Guest Johnz96

Some of that is because the devils are really deep at D. Though they did move one IIRC.

LOL. Clarkston who scored 30 goals last year makes 2.7 million. he also passes, checks, fights, and shows great leadership. Franzen..... not so much.....of anything. BTW Franzen-who everyone said was playing great this year, is on a pace that over 82 games would score 19 goals.

There you go lying again. Franzen is actually on pace to score 21 goals and a career high 62 points over 82 games.

If he keeps it up and doesn't get injured Clarkson will get a lot more than $4 mil next year. He never scored 20 goals when he signed his current contract

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

Yeah the Devil's are really deep on D with greats like Andy Greene, Bryce Salvador, Marek Zidlicky, Mark Fayne and 20 yr old Adam Larrson all getting more ice-time than Volchenkov

Edited by Johnz96

omg are you high?!? Clarkson signed his contract when he was scoring 10-15 goals, last year was the first time he hit 30 goals, If he keeps playing the way he is I will be quite surprised to him get less then 5 million, thats like saying Datsyuk is being overpayed because Brunner is only making 1.35 mil this year... :sarcasm:

i have wanted vol here since he was in ott. he is the closest thing to konstantinov since vlad hunted the arena.

give em flip or a combo of young-uns. emmerton/kindl/mursak

this would get eaves back in the lineup instead of scratching.

omg are you high?!? Clarkson signed his contract when he was scoring 10-15 goals, last year was the first time he hit 30 goals, If he keeps playing the way he is I will be quite surprised to him get less then 5 million, thats like saying Datsyuk is being overpayed because Brunner is only making 1.35 mil this year... :sarcasm:

So? Its my fault Holland overpaid for a guy and singed him untill 40 something and the devils got a steal? Now he is having a second great year and is going to get paid. Is Clarkson a btter player? hell yes. Would clarkson at 6 million per be abetter deal than Franzen? yes.

BTW we just lost the the BJ's again, and your boy is where? Oh ya sitting on IR becasue he is already broken down, lacks heart, and almost finished. But all is fine in RW land. keeping believing that these are good deals. or that franzen is a good player.

So? Its my fault Holland overpaid for a guy and singed him untill 40 something and the devils got a steal? Now he is having a second great year and is going to get paid. Is Clarkson a btter player? hell yes. Would clarkson at 6 million per be abetter deal than Franzen? yes.

BTW we just lost the the BJ's again, and your boy is where? Oh ya sitting on IR becasue he is already broken down, lacks heart, and almost finished. But all is fine in RW land. keeping believing that these are good deals. or that franzen is a good player.

Hate to say it, but I have to agree about Franzen. He just doesn't look like he tries most nights. Too inconsistent and injury-prone lately, too.