• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Canes Seeking A 2nd Line Center

Rate this topic

Apparently the Canes want Jordan on Eric's wing and Skinner at RW. Need another center behind Eric. I have no idea what Carolina is offering though.

I think Filppula would fit in perfect there. He's a 2nd line center and could center fellow countrymen Jokinen & Ruutu. I would think Carolina would be very interested in trading with us if Holland is willing to move Val.

Maybe we could squeeze a guy like Faulk out of them if not more

Hmm.... Filppula is a UFA after this year, so he doesn't have a ton of value. But if we did it, that would leaves us with a hole at RW/LW and about 8 million to spend on 1 big time UFA. if Car would be offering a 2nd round pick and another servicable player like Bowman, that could work.

Hmm.... Filppula is a UFA after this year, so he doesn't have a ton of value. But if we did it, that would leaves us with a hole at RW/LW and about 8 million to spend on 1 big time UFA. if Car would be offering a 2nd round pick and another servicable player like Bowman, that could work.

Fil would net at least Gleason. And maybe picks on top of a trade including Mcbain or Faulk. I doubt Holland even looks at a guy like Bowman. D is the need.

Fil would net at least Gleason. And maybe picks on top of a trade including Mcbain or Faulk. I doubt Holland even looks at a guy like Bowman. D is the need.

Not sure D is the bigger need. We are mid pack on both. 16 teams have scored more goals than us, and 18 have given up more goals than us. as of today 33 GF vs 32 GA. I would say help is needed across the board.

As a Raleigh Native I follow the canes like an older brother keeps tags on his younger more annoying sibling.

That said, The canes are doing alright for themselves and as such probably won't swap strength for strength. The typical way Carolina does business is they throw prospects at people (they're TERRIBLE at drafting skinner and faulk not withstanding) for a ufa or a cast off player.

I can see Carolina going after a teams struggling forward with some reclamation project prospect they have. For example, they're more likely to go after Lenio and throw some cheap prospects buffalo's way as UFA's typically don't see carolina as a first choice.

As a Raleigh Native I follow the canes like an older brother keeps tags on his younger more annoying sibling.

That said, The canes are doing alright for themselves and as such probably won't swap strength for strength. The typical way Carolina does business is they throw prospects at people (they're TERRIBLE at drafting skinner and faulk not withstanding) for a ufa or a cast off player.

I can see Carolina going after a teams struggling forward with some reclamation project prospect they have. For example, they're more likely to go after Lenio and throw some cheap prospects buffalo's way as UFA's typically don't see carolina as a first choice.

They are one of my favorite teams right now. Doing very well for themselves. We'd want a D piece we can use now, and your right they probably wouldn't wanna give that up right now. There D would take a big hit.

I noticed that they seem to draft nothing but Plymouth Whalers. Karmanos owns both teams so I understand why they do it, but that's a terrible strategy IMO.

Long term our D is in much better shape than forwards. E, kindl, Smith, lashoff all currently on the team and under 30. All with good size. They all just need to play more often together to get better. Several high end prospects in Juniors as well. Forwards is much more an issue IMHO long term.

Long term our D is in much better shape than forwards. E, kindl, Smith, lashoff all currently on the team and under 30. All with good size. They all just need to play more often together to get better. Several high end prospects in Juniors as well. Forwards is much more an issue IMHO long term.

I'd rather have a solid Defenseman at this point. The kids on your list are decent but nothing to write home about. get. Smith's been out of the line-up more than in and Quincey is horrid. I do like Anderson and Lashoff but this team would be much more solid with with another big time Defenseman.

I'd rather have a solid Defenseman at this point. The kids on your list are decent but nothing to write home about. get. Smith's been out of the line-up more than in and Quincey is horrid. I do like Anderson and Lashoff but this team would be much more solid with with another big time Defenseman.

But a pending UFA doesn't have full value.

Why should we trade a solid 2nd line center when Dats could easily go home in 2014?

It's not very smart move.

Well aware. I would move dats and resign Fil. but some here think that is just crazy talk.....

Why should we trade a solid 2nd line center when Dats could easily go home in 2014?

It's not very smart move.

Dats wants to end his career in Russia. AKA whens he's in his 40s, like Fedorov. His agent has made it pretty apparent one more contract is coming and that Dats would never jump ship at 36.

Not sure D is the bigger need. We are mid pack on both. 16 teams have scored more goals than us, and 18 have given up more goals than us. as of today 33 GF vs 32 GA. I would say help is needed across the board.

While I agree with you, it seems that trading for a dman would be much more logical. There isn't much in the way of decent dmen coming up this offseason, but there are some big ufa's coming up on the forward end, Getzlav, Perry, Wellwood, Horton, Ribeiro all spring to mind

While I agree with you, it seems that trading for a dman would be much more logical. There isn't much in the way of decent dmen coming up this offseason, but there are some big ufa's coming up on the forward end, Getzlav, Perry, Wellwood, Horton, Ribeiro all spring to mind

ya but one never knows how things turn out in UFA. I think we all can agree we need more talent at both levels. how is the trick....