• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Howson Fired in Columbus, Jarmo Kekalainen named new GM

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=655407&navid=DL|NHL|home

Well, well, well. Columbus is doing a little house cleaning. Howson has been a pretty bad GM, there's really no doubt about that. Replacing him can only be good for them, right? Columbus has a little bit of talent, nothing great to build around, and the next GM is going to have a heckuva time rebuilding. On the one hand, it could be fun, but on the other, the job would be so difficult starting from scratch, I don't envy whoever the replacement is.

I figured the writing was on the wall for Howson last season when he tossed Nash under the bus after the trade deadline.

Me wonders if Davidson is clearing the way for Brian Burke....

They are Detroits armpit.

Seriously? Does it make you feel better about yourself to denigrate an entire team and/or city? No, they're not an established hockey market, but with all the crap that's being thrown around about Detroit, I should think you'd be a little more circumspect in your commentary.

If Davidson can somehow manage to get a quality GM in there, a la Burke, and maintain the core of this team, PLUS have 3 first round picks in the offseason, I can't imagine it will be an after thought for free agents much longer.

Guest irishock

I used to have some sympathy for the Jackets until there were reports coming out that said they wouldn't deal Nash to the Wings because they're in the same division. So f*** them.

Edited by irishock

Guest The Axe

Seriously? Does it make you feel better about yourself to denigrate an entire team and/or city? No, they're not an established hockey market, but with all the crap that's being thrown around about Detroit, I should think you'd be a little more circumspect in your commentary.

Relax. I dont like em cuz theyre in our division. Just smack talk is all.

If Davidson can somehow manage to get a quality GM in there, a la Burke, and maintain the core of this team, PLUS have 3 first round picks in the offseason, I can't imagine it will be an after thought for free agents much longer.

So, 1 1/2 phil kessel's

This was sth everyone knew it would happen. Howson threw their only starplayer under the bus, traded for a player that did not want to be there. But like mentioned above Columbus has to open some money, if they want to be competitive.

Burke and Davidson in one organization? Hardly possible BB demands full autonomy and a "celebrity status" Columbus provides neither. I have a feeling he is waiting for a job within the Caps.

Wishing Howson allk the best and hopefully Burke has matured during the last weeks.

Sent from my BlackBerry

There was something on one of the rumor sites 2 weeks ago, yardbarker had it IIRC about davidson trying to move out more money. Umberger the main guy mentioned. he of the NTC. But maybe he would waive it for the wings? just a thought. be a great 2nd line LW. Good size, only 30, plays both end of the ice. Again, division blah blah, has 4 years left on his deal. But on the other hand 6-2/220 LW that can score 25 goals per year don't grow on trees either. Just a thought.

Trading the franchise for spare parts (Rick Nash), overpaying for defensemen (Wiz) on free agency, trading for a young goal scorer that has made it clear he has no desire to play for you (Jeff Carter), having pretty much all of your highly rated draft picks do nothing, finishing near the bottom every year... I wonder which of these straws finally broke the camels back.