• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Howson Fired in Columbus, Jarmo Kekalainen named new GM

Rate this topic

Jarmo was Jokerit's GM for the past few years. Guess who played for Jokerit during the lockout, and who has a brother that plays for them? Yes, I smell a trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/cob/depthchart

I dunno what we could possibly want that's worth that much. I have a hard time finding anything I even want. This has to be one of the most hurt rosters in the league.

I'm excited to see what Kekalainen does in this situation because Columbus entered the year with few tangible assets. Howson negotiated a good return on Rick Nash, but there's no core franchise piece or pieces that can be built around. That could change this upcoming summer, as it's been pointed out many times today that the Jackets have three first round choices. Their own will likely be very high, but the picks from the Rangers and the Kings will likely be in the late first round. It's from that spot, however, that the Blues (with Kekalainen in charge of scouting) drafted T.J. Oshie, Patrik Berglund and David Perron in the past.

Puck Daddy

I would say that Columbus is going to be a real threat in a couple seasons. This guy seems like the real deal, at least as a scouting head.

I wish the Wings still had that ol' scouting/drafting magic. Maybe the problem is that they need to bring Hakan over here, state-side?