• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

I think it would be a smart move to get his son under contract as soon as possible. Sadly, I haven't found much information about him.

Even if the guy is not as good as Nick, I an sure the perfect human shared his hockey IQ with him.

Can't wait for the perfect human part 2

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#2 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

5'5", 153 lbs. Gonna be tough.

#3 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

5'5", 153 lbs. Gonna be tough.

What are you talking about? Kevin Lidstrom is 6'1, just like his dad. 176 lbs, just turned 18. He seems to already be playing in Sweden's Division 1 (I believe thats their #3 league?) Look here.

You must mean Adam, who is almost two years younger. 

#4 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

What are you talking about? Kevin Lidstrom is 6'1, just like his dad. 176 lbs, just turned 18. He seems to already be playing in Sweden's Division 1 (I believe thats their #3 league?) Look here.

You must mean Adam, who is almost two years younger. 

This gets me very excited  :w00t:

#5 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Somehow, I just don't think he'd make it to the level of our draft pick numbers - based on pedigree alone.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#6 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

There's no way he goes undrafted by the Wings if he's ranked high enough to be considered 

#7 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

He doesn't seem to play very much, and isn't an offensive d-man. I would imagine the Wings and other teams are watching him though. We've got the in with Lidstrom still working with us.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#8 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

I'm curious....hypothetically, if we wanted to sign him and he wanted to come to Detroit, is there any guarantee that would happen?  What I mean is, are junior players forced through the draft?  Could he decline to be draft eligible and just sign with us on an ELC or SPC?  Or would he be forced to join the NHL through the draft?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#9 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I'm curious....hypothetically, if we wanted to sign him and he wanted to come to Detroit, is there any guarantee that would happen?  What I mean is, are junior players forced through the draft?  Could he decline to be draft eligible and just sign with us on an ELC or SPC?  Or would he be forced to join the NHL through the draft?

I think he could decline the draft, but would have to wait some years before being eligible for a ELC? I'm not exactly sure though

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#10 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I think he could decline the draft, but would have to wait some years before being eligible for a ELC? I'm not exactly sure though

Find out, please.

#11 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Here's some information I got, which hopefully can spark some debate.

A player must be 18 by September 15th and no older than 20 by December 31st of that Draft Year if they are a North American player if they want to be part of the Draft Class.  Outside of North America is not limited to these age restrictions when it comes to the Draft.

Once with a team, a player receives Entry Level Compensation.  The length of the ELC contract is determined by a players age and where they are from.

Player Age                                                           Contract Length
18-21                                                                    3 years
22-23                                                                    2 years
24 or 25-27 for European players                        1 year
25+ or 28+ for European players                         not required to sign an ELC contract

If a player between the ages of 18 and 19 does not play at least 10 games in that 1st season at the NHL level after signing a Standard Player Contract (SPC), the Entry Level status will be extended one year.  So basically, if Nail Yakapov doesn’t play at least 10 games for the Oilers this season, his ELC contract will have another year added to it.  The only way an extra year is not added to the ELC contract (besides playing more than 10 NHL level games) is for the player to turn 20 between September 16th and December 31st of that year.  If a player is still 19 by his second season and he still does not play the minimum 10 games in the NHL, an additional year is added to his ELC contract.  Meaning his first 5 years will be at ELC.

When it comes to age, it doesn’t matter when a player’s birthday is during the year, his age for the year is determined by what he will be on September 15th of the calendar year he signs.  So if he signs in June at 18, but his birthday is July 17th, he’s considered 19 because that’s how old he will be on September 15th.

It sounds like you can avoid the draft if you're over 20 by the deadline but from that it seems like if you're not North American, you can go into the draft after 20. Obviously he can avoid it by just not playing, as we've seen in different cases over the years, but I don't forsee someone coming from the same family as Lidstrom to do something like that. Someone help me dissect this.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#12 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Lids had a great shot from the point, but lots of Dmen do. He was a pretty good skater, but lots of Dmen are. His talent at making accurate passes was extraordinary.

His unique talent was cerebral. Maybe one of the best ever at being in the right place at the right time.

IMHO I don't know if there will ever be another like him, including his children. 

Edited by MidMichSteve, 13 February 2013 - 11:21 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#13 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I've seen his sons play and they don't stand out over any of the other kids their age...

#14 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

He doesn't have to be as stand out as #5 was to make the roster(and no one ever will be).... But if he could be a regular roster d man for the wings one day, I for one think that would be pretty cool.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."