• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

When does Nick Jr. Turn Pro?

Rate this topic

I think it would be a smart move to get his son under contract as soon as possible. Sadly, I haven't found much information about him.

Even if the guy is not as good as Nick, I an sure the perfect human shared his hockey IQ with him.

Can't wait for the perfect human part 2

Sent from my BlackBerry

5'5", 153 lbs. Gonna be tough.

What are you talking about? Kevin Lidstrom is 6'1, just like his dad. 176 lbs, just turned 18. He seems to already be playing in Sweden's Division 1 (I believe thats their #3 league?) Look here.

You must mean Adam, who is almost two years younger.

I'm curious....hypothetically, if we wanted to sign him and he wanted to come to Detroit, is there any guarantee that would happen? What I mean is, are junior players forced through the draft? Could he decline to be draft eligible and just sign with us on an ELC or SPC? Or would he be forced to join the NHL through the draft?

I'm curious....hypothetically, if we wanted to sign him and he wanted to come to Detroit, is there any guarantee that would happen? What I mean is, are junior players forced through the draft? Could he decline to be draft eligible and just sign with us on an ELC or SPC? Or would he be forced to join the NHL through the draft?

I think he could decline the draft, but would have to wait some years before being eligible for a ELC? I'm not exactly sure though

Guest The Axe

I think he could decline the draft, but would have to wait some years before being eligible for a ELC? I'm not exactly sure though

Find out, please.

Here's some information I got, which hopefully can spark some debate.

A player must be 18 by September 15th and no older than 20 by December 31st of that Draft Year if they are a North American player if they want to be part of the Draft Class. Outside of North America is not limited to these age restrictions when it comes to the Draft.

Once with a team, a player receives Entry Level Compensation. The length of the ELC contract is determined by a players age and where they are from.

Player Age Contract Length
18-21 3 years
22-23 2 years
24 or 25-27 for European players 1 year
25+ or 28+ for European players not required to sign an ELC contract

If a player between the ages of 18 and 19 does not play at least 10 games in that 1st season at the NHL level after signing a Standard Player Contract (SPC), the Entry Level status will be extended one year. So basically, if Nail Yakapov doesn’t play at least 10 games for the Oilers this season, his ELC contract will have another year added to it. The only way an extra year is not added to the ELC contract (besides playing more than 10 NHL level games) is for the player to turn 20 between September 16th and December 31st of that year. If a player is still 19 by his second season and he still does not play the minimum 10 games in the NHL, an additional year is added to his ELC contract. Meaning his first 5 years will be at ELC.

When it comes to age, it doesn’t matter when a player’s birthday is during the year, his age for the year is determined by what he will be on September 15th of the calendar year he signs. So if he signs in June at 18, but his birthday is July 17th, he’s considered 19 because that’s how old he will be on September 15th.

It sounds like you can avoid the draft if you're over 20 by the deadline but from that it seems like if you're not North American, you can go into the draft after 20. Obviously he can avoid it by just not playing, as we've seen in different cases over the years, but I don't forsee someone coming from the same family as Lidstrom to do something like that. Someone help me dissect this.

Lids had a great shot from the point, but lots of Dmen do. He was a pretty good skater, but lots of Dmen are. His talent at making accurate passes was extraordinary.

His unique talent was cerebral. Maybe one of the best ever at being in the right place at the right time.

IMHO I don't know if there will ever be another like him, including his children.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Guest Playmaker

I've seen his sons play and they don't stand out over any of the other kids their age...