• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Unless the coach was nailing the other goalie's mother, he was most likely playing the better goalie.  Seemed like the coach was going out of his way to play the loser on Senior Night.  The kid is an embarrassment to his school, his team and his family.  I'd be horrified if that were my kid and I don't care if he was playing for the worst coach ever.  You just don't act that way.

I've seen better players benched plenty of times. We don't know the story.

#22 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I've seen better players benched plenty of times. We don't know the story.

Truthfully, I don't really care what the story is.  I don't care if he was the worst coach in history.  The kid doesn't make the coach look bad, he makes himself look bad.  If he was that terrible, the players could have reported it to the Administration.  They could have left the team.  Whatever.  Scoring for the other team and flipping the bird, it's just classless.  As others have said, a few years from now, he's going to be remembered as the kid who made the dick move scoring on his own team, not the some brave rebel. 

#23 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Truthfully, I don't really care what the story is.  I don't care if he was the worst coach in history.  The kid doesn't make the coach look bad, he makes himself look bad.  If he was that terrible, the players could have reported it to the Administration.  They could have left the team.  

I can't stand attitudes like this. All of this is easy to say from behind a keyboard. And maybe they did, we don't know. It's just fun to judge so we're judging. Like I said it's probably just him being a stupid kid but we don't know. I just know that it's not always cut and dried and sometimes roles can reverse and actions can become justified with a little more info.

Edited by shoobiedoobin, 13 February 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#24 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

This is HIS side of the story from his Facebook page:

They played this sophomore goalie for the starter, he was terrible, I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I'm a better goalie but still wouldn't trust me so I had it it with I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn't care they thought it would be funny so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off.”

More than likely a kid who has been raised by parents to think he should get everything he wants when he wants and when he doesn't get his way, it's everyone else's fault, not his and when you don't get your way act like a disrepectful dumbass...So what happens when he's in college and gets a crappy professor?  Or in the workplace and has a crappy boss?   Flip them off and because mommy and daddy think he deserves a better grade or a better job?  It shows his true colors and character.

#25 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

They played this sophomore goalie for the starter, he was terrible, I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I'm a better goalie but still wouldn't trust me so I had it it with I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn't care they thought it would be funny so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off.”

More than likely a kid who has been raised by parents to think he should get everything he wants when he wants and when he doesn't get his way, it's everyone else's fault, not his and when you don't get your way act like a disrepectful dumbass...So what happens when he's in college and gets a crappy professor?  Or in the workplace and has a crappy boss?   Flip them off and because mommy and daddy think he deserves a better grade or a better job?  It shows his true colors and character.

Yup sounds like a doofus. To his credit he consulted his team first. Still stupid.

Edited by shoobiedoobin, 13 February 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#26 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

I can't stand attitudes like this. All of this is easy to say from behind a keyboard. And maybe they did, we don't know. It's just fun to judge so we're judging. Like I said it's probably just him being a stupid kid but we don't know. I just know that it's not always cut and dried and sometimes roles can reverse and actions can become justified with a little more info.

Wrong.  There is absolutely no place in hockey for a move like that.  No place in team sport of any kind.  No justification whatsoever.   Nobody needs to know the story, because none of them end like that except the "He's af****** idiot" story. 

If you don't agree with what is going on, or if you feel you have been wronged, let them know why you will not be suiting up. 

#27 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Wrong.  There is absolutely no place in hockey for a move like that.  No place in team sport of any kind.  No justification whatsoever.   Nobody needs to know the story, because none of them end like that except the "He's af****** idiot" story. 

If you don't agree with what is going on, or if you feel you have been wronged, let them know why you will not be suiting up. 

No thanks, I'd rather wait to make my judgment. I'm not so blind and arrogant as to assume that because I don't see something, it isn't there.

#28 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm pretty sure he got suspended for it.  Or at least for flipping off his coaches.  

I forget who said it but sports don't build character, they reveal it. 

#29 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I heard that this kid went to the Titus Young Sr. Academy of Sportsmanship.

#30 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

I heard that this kid went to the Titus Young Sr. Academy of Sportsmanship.

LOL

#31 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

>

They played this sophomore goalie for the starter(I'm a condescending prick that won't even refer to an underclassman teammate by name), he was terrible(I'm an entitled know it all prick with inflated self worth) , I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I'm a better goalie but still wouldn't trust me(I'm a lazy, no talent sack of crap that has been pumped up by my friends/family so I think I'm great)  so I had it it with(I have the heart & balls of a mouse) I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn't care they thought it would be funny(seeing as how they are immature like me & didn't figure I would be as retarded as to cost them the game if I wasn't B.S.ing) so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off.”

Edited by freshy, 13 February 2013 - 08:09 PM.

You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#32 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Atta boy, champ. You sure showed them to never mess with you again!

/sarcasm

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#33 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Fk you, I wont do what you tell me. Unnnhhhhhhhh

Killin in the name of...

#34 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

No thanks, I'd rather wait to make my judgment. I'm not so blind and arrogant as to assume that because I don't see something, it isn't there.

Blind and arrogance has nothing to do with it. A lot of people have committed a lot of time, energy, and of course $, to compete on that hockey team and he sabbotaged and betrayed them. 

No it's not the end of the world, but that doesn't make it any less wrong.

It's one thiing to have a vendetta against a coach, but it's absolutely wrong to betray the entire team.

If he has a beef with a coach, man up and talk to the coach, or sucker punch the coach in the back of the head or slice his tires, or whatever cowardly way he wants to do it, but nothing justifys screwing your teammates and their parents in a game like that. 

Hopefully the kid will regret this, and be very embarrassed about doing it, and will learn to deal with authority in a more constructive way.  Otherwise, this will not be the last we hear of him.

Ok, Ok, if you were waiting to hear that the entire team locked him in his locker everyday and pee'd on him, then maybe I can see your point...but 99.99% of the time it's only one douchebag, not an entire team of douchebags.

#35 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Like I said I'd rather wait. You wouldn't. You make assumptions. I don't. Good for you. Move along.

#36 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Like I said I'd rather wait. You wouldn't. You make assumptions. I don't. Good for you. Move along.

Just elaborating on my point on a discussion board.  You don't need to be condescending and tell me to move along, like you tell Playmaker you hate his attitude. If we were at a pub discussing it over beers you wouldn't talk that way to my face, so why be rude on LGW?

#37 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I probably would if you kept repeating the same thing over and over to me like I didn't get it the first time. I get it.

#38 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

InB4 locked thread.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#39 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

The person in question, in his own words, stated what the issue was.  He thought he was better and wanted to play more.  While I haven't personally checked this out, read on another hockey board that his stats weren't any better than the sophomore, and he didn't get significantly less playing time either.  Sometimes, yes, better players DO sit...you know why? ATTITUDE...Perhaps the coaches saw his piss poor attitude all along.  Unless he he was getting a Jerry Sandusky treatment from his coaches...his actions were inexcusable and it made him look like a selfish spoiled brat who didn't get his way...

#40 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

If my child did that on any other night(let alone senior night), there is no way in hell he would be going to senior prom, or any senior based functions, including  post graduation activities or parties. You want to behave like spoiled little child and act like an embarrassment and have no class. 

Then I simply cannot trust you in any situation.

And until I can trust you again, no spring sports, no school activities. To school and home that is it!!

The problem here is his dad/mom is probably the one in his ear telling him he is Patty Roy reincarnate. People used to say "Hockey Parents are the worst they are so competitive".

I always thought hockey parents got a bad rep, because as a former educator and coach, all sports have numerous parents who think their child is the best and have no issue telling the coach, other coaches, teachers, parents, the french fry guy or anyone who will listen to how great their child is.

Remember this kid is a product of the environment he grew up in, I would assume his mom or dad are very proud of him right now.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock