53 replies to this topic

#41 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Then I simply cannot trust you in any situation.

#42 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

jcEp8UI.gif

To clarify I mean I wouldn't trust to behave in a mature manor, not just in general.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#43 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

This kinda made me laugh... oops.

Okay but serious and this is no joke. I played summer hockey about 4 or 5 years old so I would of been 14 years old and I was on a summer team. We had a hot head on our team that would always start line fights were punches were being throw and everything. Well one time a kid ran one of our players from behind right in front of our bench. A player on the bench jumped over the boards and took a run and crushed him from behind, kid got up and gave the middle finger to us and called us all a bunch off****** *****. After the game the kid had to come into our locker room with his dad and apologize to every single player on my team.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#44 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'm pretty sure he got suspended for it.  Or at least for flipping off his coaches.  

I sure hope not. School administrators put there nose where it doesnt belong in terms of discipline to many times. Suspending kids for what they put on facebook and the such. If it doesnt happen on school property they can F off. And really flipping someone off it minor compared to the crap that goes on at school nowadays. 

#45 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

I sure hope not. School administrators put there nose where it doesnt belong in terms of discipline to many times. Suspending kids for what they put on facebook and the such. If it doesnt happen on school property they can F off. And really flipping someone off it minor compared to the crap that goes on at school nowadays. 

He was playing for his high school team and flipped off his coaches, so their nose did belong there.  He did get suspended for 10 days  and deservedly so.

http://www.farmingto...ticle/id/22263/

It may seem minor compared to other things that go on at school, but it hardly sends the right message to tolerate that kind of behavior from students. 

#46 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

He was playing for his high school team and flipped off his coaches, so their nose did belong there.  He did get suspended for 10 days  and deservedly so.

http://www.farmingto...ticle/id/22263/

It may seem minor compared to other things that go on at school, but it hardly sends the right message to tolerate that kind of behavior from students. 

They couldnt give two s***s that he flipped off the coach. They are mad he scored on his own goal. They basically say so in the article: "“This action has had a immediate and dramatic impact on the Farmington boys hockey team and the entire Farmington community."

Your telling me the community and team were impacted by him flipping off his coach? No they were effected because the team lost. And that is where the administrators should keep there nose out of. What happens in the game itself. And 10 days is a joke. Most kids get 2-3 max for fighting and detention if they get caught smoking. Your telling me what this kid did is worse than both of those?

Edited by GoalieManPat, 19 February 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#47 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

They couldnt give two s***s that he flipped off the coach. They are mad he scored on his own goal. They basically say so in the article: "“This action has had a immediate and dramatic impact on the Farmington boys hockey team and the entire Farmington community."

Your telling me the community and team were impacted by him flipping off his coach? No they were effected because the team lost. And that is where the administrators should keep there nose out of. What happens in the game itself. And 10 days is a joke. Most kids get 2-3 max for fighting and detention if they get caught smoking. Your telling me what this kid did is worse than both of those?

How could you possibly know that? 

It was his high school team.  He pulled a stupid and embarrassing stunt while playing on his high school team and disrespected school coaches.  As for the length of suspension, I don't really know what their standard is.  10 days seems long but the kid basically did get their whole program national if not international attention, and not in a good way.  

I don't know why it's so hard to understand that the administrators should absolutely be involved when it's the school's hockey team.   

I have a hard time feeling sorry for the great injustice being perpetrated on this obnoxious kid who saw fit to act that way and even planned it ahead of time.  It wasn't a heat of the moment decision. 

#48 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

How could you possibly know that? 

Its a pretty darn safe assumption and common sense if you read the quote from the district: “This action has had a immediate and dramatic impact on the Farmington boys hockey team and the entire Farmington community."

Now had they only cared about the flipping off they would have listed the reason for his suspension as using obscene gestures or the like. No they say that the action had an immediate and dramatic impact of the team and the community. So your telling me flipping the bird is an immediate and dramatic impact to an entire team but also a whole community. Thats BS. The only thing that impacted the team was the goal against himself. Now shooting the puck in your own net,  while very stupid, is in no ways against the rules of hockey. Show me a rule where it says he cant? So if he does something in the game that is not against the rules of said game how can he then be disciplined for that action? That is the injustice. 

#49 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Its a pretty darn safe assumption and common sense if you read the quote from the district: “This action has had a immediate and dramatic impact on the Farmington boys hockey team and the entire Farmington community."

Now had they only cared about the flipping off they would have listed the reason for his suspension as using obscene gestures or the like. No they say that the action had an immediate and dramatic impact of the team and the community. So your telling me flipping the bird is an immediate and dramatic impact to an entire team but also a whole community. Thats BS. The only thing that impacted the team was the goal against himself. Now shooting the puck in your own net,  while very stupid, is in no ways against the rules of hockey. Show me a rule where it says he cant? So if he does something in the game that is not against the rules of said game how can he then be disciplined for that action? That is the injustice. 

You keep saying "you're telling me" as if I've actually said those things.  I haven't.  

If you really need me to explain to you why a high school hockey player putting the puck in his own net and flipping off his coaches during a game is something that should be punished by the school, then this really is a pointless conversation. 

#50 Hull is God

Hull is God

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

They played this sophomore goalie for the starter, he was terrible, I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I'm a better goalie but still wouldn't trust me so I had it it with I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn't care they thought it would be funny so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off.”

Kid needs to spend a little more in time in English class learning punctuation before, or if, he graduates.

#51 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Crosby is almost as bad and he is a lot older and supposed to be a role model for youngsters. I bet the goalie was a Pens' fan

#52 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Crosby is almost as bad and he is a lot older and supposed to be a role model for youngsters. I bet the goalie was a Pens' fan

Crosby hasn't done anything in the last two years so there's really no need to hate on him right now.  I honestly forgot he existed until I saw a pens game a few weeks ago. 

#53 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

This thread has nothing to do with Crosby. Let's stay on topic.

#54 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

What a dbag.