Photo
- - - - -

2/13 GDT : St. Louis Blues 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#441 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Z and Brunner looked flat tonight which is exactly the problem.  If Dats, and Z don't bring it every night or - god forbid - there is an injury to either - then we are done as dinner for the playoffs.

• Nev likes this
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#442 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

What are you talking about? Lashoff was on another planet for the OT goal. He didn't even know what was happening. 

Brunner's turnover and im not going to get on Lashoff on one missed assignment in a game where the offense only took 1 shot on a rookie goalie in the 3rd.

Edited by Yak19, 13 February 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#443 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

the special teams really need to get their act together...  to be honest I feel more comfortable with a 5-on-5 than us having a man advantage

The other thing with this, is that our crappy powerplay kills all the momentum that we have @ the time.

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#444 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Some overreactions here. We had 3 straight wins and got a point tonight. With our injuries and work-in-progress defense we are going to have letdown games every now and then.

Definitely can complain about some of the lineup decisions though. Mrazek probably should have gotten the start, I thought so even before the game. Howard is being badly overworked and it's going to hurt us.

As for Brunner, he also is bound to have a few games where he struggles. It's his first NHL season, and he's mainly an offensive guy so he's going to look worse when the offense isn't working.

#445 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

the thing that bugs me is that the guys who are struggling the most like Cleary and Quincey have no accountability, Babs just keeps putting them out there no matter what

will he ever cut their ice time or bench them to send a message?

at this point someone else should get a shot at all those valuable minutes those 2 are wasting

#446 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

axTBGFD.gif

#447 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

the thing that bugs me is that the guys who are struggling the most like Cleary and Quincey have no accountability, Babs just keeps putting them out there no matter what

at this point someone else should get a shot at all those valuable minutes those 2 are wasting

Agree. Cleary is not Drapes, no matter how much they want him to be. Even Drapes got ice time cut. 

#448 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Time for another one of Babcock's random line shakeups.  When guys don't play well you don't sit them, or move someone into the lineup from the minors, or make a trade.  No no silly hockey fans.  You just haphazardly draw names for line combinations out of a hat and throw them together.  Abdelkader with Zetterberg and Brunner, why not?  Cleary with Datsyuk and Filppula, you betcha!  Eaves, Tatar, and Anderson...couldn't hurt!  Datsyuk, Emmerton, and Tootoo...we've tried everything else.  Whoohoo, it's a rollercoaster ride of excitement when Babs puts a lineup together. 

Makes me long for the Tigers.  At least after Leyland puts his arbitrary lineup on the field he goes and takes a nap, or smokes cigarettes, or whatever he does when he's supposed to be managing. 

Mursak-Emmerton-Tatar.  f*** it!

Edit:  Also, the hell can't we get a line change withoutf****** it up.  If it's not a too many men penalty, we'll just get caught in the neutral zone flat footed and give up a break away.  Ugh. 

Edited by kipwinger, 13 February 2013 - 10:31 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#449 Mater_Horn

Mater_Horn

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

As for Brunner, he also is bound to have a few games where he struggles. It's his first NHL season, and he's mainly an offensive guy so he's going to look worse when the offense isn't working.

Agreed. Hopefully he finds his way back to scoring in the upcoming games.

#450 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

t

Bingo....we are not an elite team. We are a decent team wrking to become good and very good. we had a bad game and got a point. Move
On the the ducks.

Edited by beachwing, 13 February 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#451 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

I sure wish I could "not-like" a lot of the posts here....especially the ones blaming Jimmy. Like the first game of the season...The Blues made us look silly with speed and special Teams domination. The problem is, until Helm comes back, we just aren't putting out a lot of speed on the PK or PP.

Edited by gowings00, 13 February 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#452 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

We were also missing Bert, Mule, Helm and Sammy who could all help the special teams problem in a huge way. Just having one of Franzen or Bert tonight in front of Allen on the PP could have meant a regulation win.

Overall can't really be too upset over picking up a point in this one.

#453 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Come on people... We are not going to win every night.  We played good for a lot of the game.  The ending just didn't go our way.  Still got a point though.

Go wings

Shut up and be miserable. The world's ending.

#454 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Shut up and be miserable. The world's ending.

Well, kind of. No shots (or 1?) in a whole 3rd period is taking a giant dump. 

#455 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

...along with my opinion of Cleary in the other thread, Q and Kindl also just played their last game on my team.

I like Tatar's little move on his goal he also threw a nice big check in the first, to compare him to Hudler truely is an insult to him.

M-Raz is better than Howard.  Didn't miss Franzine...  I agree with Kip, it's time for another line shakeup (if Holland isn't gonna get the right players here for Babs) I say put Tatar back up with Dats, maybe make Fil the 3rd line center until Barbie Doll gets back.  Andersson is nothing....too slow, has had a couple of golden oppourtunities so far to impress...does he suck? No, but he won't be anything more than a 4th line center/13th forward here, bundle him in a deal.

Again, Cleary, Kindl & Q are hot garbage, shouldn't be allowed back on the ice in a Wings jersey...Time to bring Huskin's back in and when Smith gets healthy, Q and K OUT! Need me some Sheahan & Ferraro in place of Cleary and Andersson...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#456 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

...along with my opinion of Cleary in the other thread, Q and Kindl also just played their last game on my team.

I like Tatar's little move on his goal he also threw a nice big check in the first, to compare him to Hudler truely is an insult to him.

M-Raz is better than Howard.  Didn't miss Franzine...  I agree with Kip, it's time for another line shakeup (if Holland isn't gonna get the right players here for Babs) I say put Tatar back up with Dats, maybe make Fil the 3rd line center until Barbie Doll gets back.  Andersson is nothing....too slow, has had a couple of golden oppourtunities so far to impress...does he suck? No, but he won't be anything more than a 4th line center/13th forward here, bundle him in a deal.

Again, Cleary, Kindl & Q are hot garbage, shouldn't be allowed back on the ice in a Wings jersey...Time to bring Huskin's back in and when Smith gets healthy, Q and K OUT! Need me some Sheahan & Ferraro in place of Cleary and Andersson...

I was being sarcastic, because Babcock tends to shake up lines after every loss, seemingly without rhyme or reason. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#457 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

My face during 2/3 of this game:

tumblr_md1nj7EsBN1qb6jigo2_500_zps4c27f1

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#458 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

I was being sarcastic, because Babcock tends to shake up lines after every loss, seemingly without rhyme or reason. 

Oh...well, I do think Tatar should get more playing time though.  I just think he is looking a little better each game and TONS better than Cleary, so I think Babs should shake it up a bit. Would help if all were healthy, but its time to reward Sheahan and Ferraro with some NHL time. I think M-Raz should start the next game as well...

My face during 2/3 of this game:

tumblr_md1nj7EsBN1qb6jigo2_500_zps4c27f1

Jiri, is that you?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#459 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Come on people... We are not going to win every night.  We played good for a lot of the game.  The ending just didn't go our way.  Still got a point though.

Go wings

Most of the 1st period is not 'a lot of the game.'  They were garbage for the entirety of the 2nd and 3rd.  Rookie goaltender lets in that Drew Miller goal in the 1st and then you can only manage to get like single digit shots on him after that.  Sub-par effort.  Sure, we're not going to win every night... especially if we play like this.  I am tired of these stupid mistakes that hand momentum over to the opponent.  Can some more people on this team please figure out how to be in the right place and get beat that way instead of not being there so the opponent don't even need to beat anyone?

#460 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Oh...well, I do think Tatar should get more playing time though.  I just think he is looking a little better each game and TONS better than Cleary, so I think Babs should shake it up a bit. Would help if all were healthy, but its time to reward Sheahan and Ferraro with some NHL time. I think M-Raz should start the next game as well...

Jiri, is that you?

I agree about Tatar, he's really impressed me.  I disagree about Mrazek.  In the one game he did play, it wasn't so much that he was impressive, as much as it was that St. Louis played terrible.  Good on him for winning, but Detroit played good defense in front of him and St. Louis had their heads up their asses.  He didn't really have to work too hard in that one. 

Edited by kipwinger, 13 February 2013 - 10:51 PM.