Photo
- - - - -

2/13 GDT : St. Louis Blues 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#461 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Well, kind of. No shots (or 1?) in a whole 3rd period is taking a giant dump. 

I'm not saying we played well by any stretch of the imagination. It's just that he attitude of people here gets old after a while. The wings have been wildly inconsistent all year, and it it doesn't look like it will change this season. With all the departures and the shortened season, I was totally expecting mediocrity. I'm not saying I enjoy it. But, taking such an attitude has made the wins more enjoyable and the losses easier to shrug off. I recommend some people here take my approach, ulcers are a *****.

#462 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I'm not saying we played well by any stretch of the imagination. It's just that he attitude of people here gets old after a while. The wings have been wildly inconsistent all year, and it it doesn't look like it will change this season. With all the departures and the shortened season, I was totally expecting mediocrity. I'm not saying I enjoy it. But, taking such an attitude has made the wins more enjoyable and the losses easier to shrug off. I recommend some people here take my approach, ulcers are a *****.

I agree..with no continuity in the lineup and all the injuries it will be hard to get any consistency going.  We are missing 6 regulars that I can count right now.  After our first night 6-1 loss to the blues if you told me we would be 2-1-1 against them after 4 games I would've laughed.  We are hanging in there..some nights we look like we could beat anyone..other nights not so much.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#463 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

15-minute efforts make Baby Jesus cry.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#464 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Just finished watching it...

Notes from the night:

Interference sucks.

Quote of the night:

Pierre: "Grind it! Grind it!" "Harder! Harder!"

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#465 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

wtf happened?!?!? I left and the wings were up 2-0, I come home and they lost 4-3 in ot, and let in a sh goal?

#466 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

wtf happened?!?!? I left and the wings were up 2-0, I come home and they lost 4-3 in ot, and let in a sh goal?

They stopped playing after the first 20.  Didn't stick to their game and let St Louis play theirs.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#467 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Great first period, downhill after that. Good thing is, they still got a point!

IPB Image

#468 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Great first period, downhill after that. Good thing is, they still got a point!

Ya well i was checking the score on my phone after I left, it was 2-1, 2-2, 3-2 blues, 3-3, 4-3 blues in ot. I was pissed, cause when I left we were playing good and taking advantage of  a rookie goalie, and all seemed well...

#469 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

During the first period I thought we were going to exact revenge 6-0.  Certainly didn't end up that way.