• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matt198913

Mule out tonight

Rate this topic

It'll be interesting to see how Hank and Brunner work with a guy who will skate like he gives a s***. I know he's been skating harder but that doesn't change the fact he still floats. He just doesn't float as much. In a scenario where you have two skilled players who work well together, it's always fun to see who will mesh well with them. One plus one doesn't always equal two in the case of chemistry, it's not always the obvious choice. It could be someone like Cleary or even Eaves, who knows. I'd use this as a chance to bring up Nyquist and see if he can do something on that line.

I'm more concerned with the PP. Mule's been good there. He doesn't have to skate much. It sounds odd but I'd put Abby up there and tell him to park his ass. I think it's just the type of thing he'd be good at. Minimal dangling, minimal puck movement, just sitting on the crease.

It'll be interesting to see how Hank and Brunner work with a guy who will skate like he gives a s***. I know he's been skating harder but that doesn't change the fact he still floats. He just doesn't float as much. In a scenario where you have two skilled players who work well together, it's always fun to see who will mesh well with them. One plus one doesn't always equal two in the case of chemistry, it's not always the obvious choice. It could be someone like Cleary or even Eaves, who knows. I'd use this as a chance to bring up Nyquist and see if he can do something on that line.

I'm more concerned with the PP. Mule's been good there. He doesn't have to skate much. It sounds odd but I'd put Abby up there and tell him to park his ass. I think it's just the type of thing he'd be good at. Minimal dangling, minimal puck movement, just sitting on the crease.

I wouldn't mind seeing Eaves up on the second line for a period or something. The dude can skate and is good defensively too when need be.

Guest Crymson

Whine all you want about Franzen, but he produces. Just because he doesn't put forth his all in every game doesn't mean he isn't valuable.

Guest Crymson

I think these last two games are Cleary getting his last chances. He can't play effectively on a checking line anymore; if he can't score alongside very good players either, then he's useless.

Whine all you want about Franzen, but he produces. Just because he doesn't put forth his all in every game doesn't mean he isn't valuable.

Blah blah same ol' justification I see every time someone wants to defend him. He scores so he's allowed to do whatever he wants. I'll take hard work and a little less skill over floating and a little more skill any day. The Nashville series was the entire Franzen argument in a nutshell-worse team beats the pants off of a super skilled team because they worked harder. We've "lost goals" before (a silly argument anyway) and survived. This sounds like a beaten wife defending her husband because after abusing her he buys her a nice necklace or something. Or because deep down he's a good guy. Whatever.

The production that makes him untouchable to some, is overrated anyway.

Edited by shoobiedoobin