• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well then I shall consider your argument invalid. The whole team is streaky not just a single player and I doubt Babcock would blame losses of the team on a single player because of his streakiness

He didn't say he blamed losses on him, and really I couldn't be bothered either. This isn't a contest. But I've definitely seen comments from Babcock hinting in that he'd like Franzen to work harder, in the usual Babcock way.

#42 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well then I shall consider your argument invalid. The whole team is streaky not just a single player and I doubt Babcock would blame losses of the team on a single player because of his streakiness

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, filppula, Brunner, Howard, Tootoo, hell even Emmerton have been consistent, and the rest have been pretty consistent for the most part, just consistently bad lol.

And just because you don't believe something to be true doesn't mean you need to act like a 12 year and be like, well if I didn't see it then it can't be real...

EDIT: sorry I missed one, so far this year Franzen has been consistent as well, and playing harder. (I was referring to comments from babs from last year though)

Edited by Euro_Twins, 13 February 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#43 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

found one, per ansar khan @ mlive, quoting babs

http://www.mlive.com...ck_wants_j.html

"Mule’s one of those guys that has to decide if he’s going to be a great player in the league or a good player in the league for a long, long time. If he wants to be a great player then you have to call on yourself every single night. The great players dig in every night."

#44 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

found one, per ansar khan @ mlive, quoting babs

http://www.mlive.com...ck_wants_j.html

"Mule’s one of those guys that has to decide if he’s going to be a great player in the league or a good player in the league for a long, long time. If he wants to be a great player then you have to call on yourself every single night. The great players dig in every night."

I'm sure this will be spun and some excuse will be made, sounding a lot like "that doesn't mean he's lazy that just means he's got to" I dunno "be a better goal scorer" or something. Along with irrelevant examples of great goal scorers going through slumps.

A good place to look for quotes if he's so curious would be around the time he was sent to the third line, that might yield something. You don't get demoted for slumps, and on this team a demotion like that speaks volumes.

He's working harder this year I'll give him that but it's still not that hard. I've still seen him get knocked down and lay on the ice for 4 or 5 seconds, or stand completely still watching a play go on around him. I've still seen him covered and refuse to really give it that necessary burst to get open.

I don't know why he gets compared to Flip so often. I see people saying they'd rather have Mule on the ice if we need a goal in the last minute instead of Flip. Sure, so would I but hockey isn't a last minute goal derby spread out over 60 minutes.

Edited by shoobiedoobin, 13 February 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#45 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

surely you're not implying that he might actually get benched, are you?

that doesn't happen here.

that blown wide-open net sure was nice, cleary.

but we know he'll be back with zetterberg or datsyuk for another month, at least.

...and some great coverage on the PK leads to a goal against.  cleary is on FIRE!  sign him to an extension, now!

...2 on 1 on a shorthanded rush with datsyuk...cleary carries it himself and fires a pass into the defender's leg.

THE DAN CLEARY SHOW!  I WANT MORE!

Edited by fat guy in a maltby jersey, 13 February 2013 - 08:55 PM.