• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Time to sit Ian White

Rate this topic

You guys should take a look at the stat sheet sometime.

Quincey leads the team in blocked shots, and since the first 3 games of the season has been +10. Overall he is top 20 among all defence in the NHL in +/- and he leads our entire team in the stat.

Kronwall has amazingly managed to be on the ice for more goals against than anyone on the team not just at even strength but also while shorthanded and while on the PP.

He may have the most points of our defenceman but he's also one of only 2 defenceman on the roster who are - players, the other being Lashoff.

Even in tonights game he was directly responsible for 2 goals, including the overtime goal. If anything White should be getting more ice-time, his pairing with Ericsson tonight was by far the best tandem on the ice

take your head out from the statsheet and watch the game, stats wre not everything, Quincey is garbage

Guest The Axe

Quincey leads the team in blocked shots, and since the first 3 games of the season has been +10. Overall he is top 20 among all defence in the NHL in +/- and he leads our entire team in the stat.

Kronwall has amazingly managed to be on the ice for more goals against than anyone on the team not just at even strength but also while shorthanded and while on the PP.

He may have the most points of our defenceman but he's also one of only 2 defenceman on the roster who are - players, the other being Lashoff.

Even in tonights game he was directly responsible for 2 goals, including the overtime goal. If anything White should be getting more ice-time, his pairing with Ericsson tonight was by far the best tandem on the ice

Yes. You speak the truth. Quincey is paying for his first 2 or 3 games still. He got off to a rough start, but has been solid since. Kindl is coming around as well. Funny how everyone watches the same game, but sees something different.

Kronwall should be the one that is taken to task for his crappy play. He stood and watched two goals go in and cost his team the game. Watch the replay of the shorthanded goal and the last one in ot both times he didn't pick up his man he just stood there. Don't even get me started about him moving the puck out of his zone on the power play. He passes into traffic or into skates. He needs a wake up call because he is not looking like a top d-man this year.

Your facts are meaningless around here. People still want to ship E out of town for a bad season in 2010-2011.

Kronwall should be the one that is taken to task for his crappy play. He stood and watched two goals go in and cost his team the game. Watch the replay of the shorthanded goal and the last one in ot both times he didn't pick up his man he just stood there. Don't even get me started about him moving the puck out of his zone on the power play. He passes into traffic or into skates. He needs a wake up call because he is not looking like a top d-man this year.

couldnt even believe his play on the shorty. always defend the damn pass dude. if he woulda blocked berglunds shot lane, never woulda been a goal as oshie was too busy falling flat on his face.

Your facts are meaningless around here. People still want to ship E out of town for a bad season in 2010-2011.

Stats only show so much, Ericsson has been solid since the last half of the 2011/2012 season. Kronwall is putting up points, but defensively he has not been good. Quincey, is well Quincey, you can say he's been better and more solid all you want, he is still a hazard on this team and he has not played very well. It's pretty sad when people are saying Kindl is doing well... Lashoff has been solid, Smith and Colo were solid before being injured. Huskins has been our most consistent dman by far and he is the one being scratched. Stats only show so much. Huskins, Ericsson, Lashoff, Smith and Colo should definitely be the majority of our d-corps when they are all healthy, but it won't happen by a long shot

couldnt even believe his play on the shorty. always defend the damn pass dude. if he woulda blocked berglunds shot lane, never woulda been a goal as oshie was too busy falling flat on his face.

Ya, I watched it like 4 times, thinking wtf?!? :confused1: He didn't block thee passing lane, he left Berglund wide open, he wasn't covering anything, kind of just floating. He definitely left howie out to dry

Stats only show so much, Ericsson has been solid since the last half of the 2011/2012 season. Kronwall is putting up points, but defensively he has not been good. Quincey, is well Quincey, you can say he's been better and more solid all you want, he is still a hazard on this team and he has not played very well. It's pretty sad when people are saying Kindl is doing well... Lashoff has been solid, Smith and Colo were solid before being injured. Huskins has been our most consistent dman by far and he is the one being scratched. Stats only show so much. Huskins, Ericsson, Lashoff, Smith and Colo should definitely be the majority of our d-corps when they are all healthy, but it won't happen by a long shot

Yeah, you're right. I'm not enamored with Q by any means, he has been a liability. I think a lot of it has to do with him trying to pinch in too much. But, he is not scared to block shots. I like that. If Q could just play more conservatively he would be a solid bottom pairing guy. Either way, when smith and colo come back I see no place for q. Say what you want about kindl, he's no downgrade from Q and he's WAY cheaper.

Edit: I just saw q's cap hit. 3.7?!?! I take back anything good I said about him.

Edited by The Greek

Yeah, you're right. I'm not enamored with Q by any means, he has been a liability. I think a lot of it has to do with him trying to pinch in too much. But, he is not scared to block shots. I like that. If Q could just play more conservatively he would be a solid bottom pairing guy. Either way, when smith and colo come back I see no place for q. Say what you want about kindl, he's no downgrade from Q and he's WAY cheaper.

Edit: I just saw q's cap hit. 3.7?!?! I take back anything good I said about him.

LMAO ya his cap hit is ridiculous, and I agree with you on Kindl being better than Q, and much cheaper. I was so pissed that holland signed Q to 3.7/year. He hasn't shown anything nearly worth 3.7. Blocking shots is really the only good thing he has done so far

If we're passing blame, look at Brunner first. He completely goofed on the play at the blue line. I'll give him some slack he's not a defenseman and it's his first year but regardless that's what started the play. Fast forward to the 2 on 1, which really became a 2 on 2 when Abby got back and took the puck carrier. Kronwall's job was man to man on the guy without the puck. He took him. That went to pot fast when Abby got deked out of his skates. As soon as that happened it became a very condensed 2 on 1 with the puck carrer getting a clear lane to the net. Granted he falls but there's a split second after he dekes Abby and before he falls where he's on his feet and has a clear lane to the deadliest area of the slot. Kronwall had to abandon the pass to keep him from getting the shot off. If it were more of an angle I'd say take the pass but it was dead on, almost automatic goal territory. Kronwall prioritized pretty well, he was just screwed.

Look how far out Howard was, that a simple pass from the center to the faceoff dot leading to a slow one timer beat him. He had to be far out because of the chance that was forming after Abby fell.

In the end I'm glad he was the only one responsible enough to do his job. Brunner started it and Abby sent it off the rails. Kronwall ended up looking horrible for it.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Kronwall and Quincey have been a complete disaster only because they have the ability to play much better. Kronwall is the most disappointing player this year. Even when the team is playing great he is still awful.

How many times on the penalty kill has a pass gone cross seam right between his legs. Or when the wings rush down the ice and pass to him as the trailer where he can walk right in and he fumbles the whole play. Offensively he gets in the right spots but that is honestly the only positive thing he has been doing all season. Kronwall needs to be called out. This kind of play is unacceptable when we had lidstrom and Rafalski and Stuart. He s*** the bed when the team needs him most. Maybe he can't handle pressure

If we're passing blame, look at Brunner first. He completely goofed on the play at the blue line. I'll give him some slack he's not a defenseman and it's his first year but regardless that's what started the play. Fast forward to the 2 on 1, which really became a 2 on 2 when Abby got back and took the puck carrier. Kronwall's job was man to man on the guy without the puck. He took him. That went to pot fast when Abby got deked out of his skates. As soon as that happened it became a very condensed 2 on 1 with the puck carrer getting a clear lane to the net. Granted he falls but there's a split second after he dekes Abby and before he falls where he's on his feet and has a clear lane to the deadliest area of the slot. Kronwall had to abandon the pass to keep him from getting the shot off. If it were more of an angle I'd say take the pass but it was dead on, almost automatic goal territory. Kronwall prioritized pretty well, he was just screwed.

Look how far out Howard was, that a simple pass from the center to the faceoff dot leading to a slow one timer beat him. He had to be far out because of the chance that was forming after Abby fell.

In the end I'm glad he was the only one responsible enough to do his job. Brunner started it and Abby sent it off the rails. Kronwall ended up looking horrible for it.

No shot is an automatic goal especially when Howard is out covering the angle. The one timer on a 2 on 1 is what the defenseman cover. Let your goalie make a save and jimmy was prepared for it. Sometimes the goalie gets beat but don't allow a tap in

Yeah ok, with 2 defenseman injured, let's sit White.

:clap:

You want an undersized Dman who can move the puck, bring up Almqvist. At least he can make the first pass to not get hemmed in our own zone. I haven't missed any of the Wings games this year so far and I have yet to see 1 game where White has made anything useful happen and he's given the puck away tons of times on errant crap passes that should have went to a wide open Wing on the breakout. Sure Quincey and Cleary are complete utter garbage, but White isn't far off.

Everyone sucked on that play, but there's few Wings players i'm definitely not gonna rag on and one of them is Brunner. He's been a breath of fresh air to this team and without him our offence is even weaker and we're stuck with plan A...."no winnin' for McKinnon". Z and Dats can only carry so much offensive load. Our D as a whole on the other hand has been terrible. Ericsson is the only one that I haven't seen play a bad game.

first lesson for every Dman. Abs could have turned around and drilled Oshie has Kronwall covered Berglund properly who was on his off wing ready for the one-timer that ended up in the Wings net. But s*** happens. Unfortunately those are the kinds of lapses that always seem to end up in the net. Time for Huskins to get back in the lineup cause the main thing we're lacking is real shutdown type Dmen. You only need 1 puck mover per D pairing. the other guy can be a bruiser who's defensively responsible so the offensive Dman can strut his stuff.

Sometimes I really wonder if the people on these forums actually watch the games? Which is why I don't ever hardly look here anymore. Seems like you guys are all wanna be hockey fans, just flick the game on and buy jerseys so you can be cool and have something to talk about.

Ian White is a turn over machine, not only does he turn the puck over but he does at the absolute worst spots and times. I can't even keep track of how many times past two years I have seen him turn the puck over in the defensive zone for no reason and resulted in a goal. No other player on the Wings roster does it as consistant as White. The guy is no good.

All you bitching about Big Rig, Really?? Now this guy has been solid, probably one of our best back there. I shouldn't even say that, you guys ***** about every single player right? Unless they get 100 points a season, don't go more than one game without points, are + 100.... Jesus christ you guys are a bunch of clowns.

Finally being forced to bring up our young guys is the best thing that has happened to this team in years. Just wait to see how it pays off for us over the next couple seasons.