• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Time to sit Ian White

Rate this topic

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but Ian White has been complete garbage this year. He's decent on the PP, but Smith can take his spot when he gets back. The biggest complaint I have about White is that he can't make the first pass to save his life. Every time he gets the puck in the defensive zone he blindly throws it up the boards and 90% of the time it gets stopped at the blue line by the other team. It's about time to put Huskins back in the line up and put White in the press box with tapes to watch illustrating how you make a break out pass.

Since I'm sure this is in response to the penalty he took, that was NOT a penalty. That was a ref tripping a STL player and White was closeby.

It doesn't have to be a penalty in the NHL today, it just has to look like one.

It's not in response to the penalty at all. It's every time he gets the puck he just gives it back to the other team. I never even said anything about the penalties he takes. Watch him closely, he can't make the first pass and he often ices the puck. It's hard to watch him right now.

There's a reason several teams have passed on him like a joint.

He won't sit, because we have too many injuries, not enough defensemen in the minors, and Quincey should also be sat. Not enough bodies at the end of the day.

Where's Huskins? At least he hits and blocks shots. Thank god Kindl is actually playing decent. Our D is not doing good if White can play this bad and not get the Whitney treatment.

Where's Huskins? At least he hits and blocks shots. Thank god Kindl is actually playing decent. Our D is not doing good if White can play this bad and not get the Whitney treatment.

Yeah, I'd play Huskins, but they already know what they have with him. White was our "big" free agent move several offseasons ago (yikes), and Quincey was the trade from last year. Lashoff is a minor league guy they want to try out.

Huskins is naturally being sat over those players, since he's just some quick fix we signed to have more bodies. And he's older than those players.

Yeah, I'd play Huskins, but they already know what they have with him. White was our "big" free agent move several offseasons ago (yikes), and Quincey was the trade from last year. Lashoff is a minor league guy they want to try out.

Huskins is naturally being sat over those players, since he's just some quick fix we signed to have more bodies. And he's older than those players.

But in an interview a number of games back, Babcock said the players play dictates their icetime. Apparently they all laughed at that message. I can't wait until this team is healthy and we see less White, Cleary and Quincey.

White's been fine. Q has to go, I've defended the guy for a while now but he's just a trainwreck.

Problem with Q (other than he is garbage) is he will never live up to being worth a 1st rounder...it's almost like Holland thought he was outbidding a phantom GM last March when he threw the 1st rounder at Yzerman...

I think White is White....he is playing much like he was last season when Lidstrom whet out. Q and K are hot garbage...

Edited by LeftWinger

Problem with Q (other than he is garbage) is he will never live up to being worth a 1st rounder...it's almost like Holland thought he was outbidding a phantom GM last March when he threw the 1st rounder at Yzerman...

I think White is White....he is playing much like he was last season when Lidstrom whet out. Q and K are hot garbage...

Grouping K with Q is an insult to K. I think Kindl has been pretty decent ..not Norris caliber by any means but fairly solid. As for Q he is falling into my Dan Cleary category. Just looks lost..used to be a pretty good passer and had a bit of a physical edge. Those things are non existent now.

No kidding. Kronwall, Quincey & Lashoff were just as bad, if not worse than White tonight..

Leave Lashoff out of this, he has been solid since being called up from the minors, let's give him a chance, 1 bad game is nothing to cry over. Quincey however has had maybe 1 good game since joining the roster, White was good last year and has been decent so far, but he's a third pairing guy. Kronwall hasn't been able to find his edge so far, he is trying to do too much, but I am not worried about him, he has been progressing, and will return to old form soon enough. Kindl, we should worry about though, him and Quincey have no place on our roster anymore

You guys should take a look at the stat sheet sometime.

Quincey leads the team in blocked shots, and since the first 3 games of the season has been +10. Overall he is top 20 among all defence in the NHL in +/- and he leads our entire team in the stat.

Kronwall has amazingly managed to be on the ice for more goals against than anyone on the team not just at even strength but also while shorthanded and while on the PP.

He may have the most points of our defenceman but he's also one of only 2 defenceman on the roster who are - players, the other being Lashoff.

Even in tonights game he was directly responsible for 2 goals, including the overtime goal. If anything White should be getting more ice-time, his pairing with Ericsson tonight was by far the best tandem on the ice

Edited by FlashyG