• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ian White hasn't looked good from about the mid way point of last season to this season I agree. I can see why he has bounced between a lot teams. HOWEVER I'm going to stay positive and keep my fingers crossed that White can turn it around.

#62 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

And I finally got my wish.  Ian White should go to Carolina and give us a 3rd or 4th round pick so we can load up on prospects.  I'd rather Huskins come back than White.  How are you -2 in an 8-3 win?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#63 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

And I finally got my wish.  Ian White should go to Carolina and give us a 3rd or 4th round pick so we can load up on prospects.  I'd rather Huskins come back than White.  How are you -2 in an 8-3 win?

Let Ian White tell you himself.

30112li.jpg

#64 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

It seems as if he is going to be the scapegoat for the D and the one moved.  His days are done now... and I somewhat see why.  I just think he isn't the root of the problem and multiple trades need to happen.  Yet we need to be lucky just to be able to move one of these guys for anything.  One thing is for sure, they need to keep half the salary of any trade to get the max value. 

I get the feeling a pick, and Ian White at half his salary might go for Bouwmesster as Calgary begins a massive rebuild. Dumping salary as stage one. If the Wings could move Sammy as well it would work for me... reluctantly. 

Who am I kidding, this is Holland... all that will happen is they will bury the youth and waive players if needed because he can't make a trade. Even though Tatar, Emmerton, Joakim, and Kindl are all helping right the ship now while Nyquvist is punished for peaking at the right time?

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#65 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

It seems as if he is going to be the scapegoat for the D and the one moved.  His days are done now... and I somewhat see why.  I just think he isn't the root of the problem and multiple trades need to happen.  Yet we need to be lucky just to be able to move one of these guys for anything.  One thing is for sure, they need to keep half the salary of any trade to get the max value. 

I get the feeling a pick, and Ian White at half his salary might go for Bouwmesster as Calgary begins a massive rebuild. Dumping salary as stage one. If the Wings could move Sammy as well it would work for me... reluctantly. 

Who am I kidding, this is Holland... all that will happen is they will bury the youth and waive players if needed because he can't make a trade. Even though Tatar, Emmerton, Joakim, and Kindl are all helping right the ship now while Nyquvist is punished for peaking at the right time?

Emmerton and Kindl are "righting the ship"? now I know your off your rocker lol

#66 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Still looks like he's scratched. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#67 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Ian White will be traded. That is certain. I hope Scamzen goes with him.

#68 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I don't know if White will be traded.  He is still a solid NHL level defenseman that can fill in if there is an injury...too bad he has fallen to #8 status on this team.  Either way, he will part ways with the Wings one way or another.  If Holland nabs Dekeyser that's even more of a guarantee...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#69 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

I don't know if White will be traded.  He is still a solid NHL level defenseman that can fill in if there is an injury...too bad he has fallen to #8 status on this team.  Either way, he will part ways with the Wings one way or another.  If Holland nabs Dekeyser that's even more of a guarantee...

Ian White to the Islanders for a 7th round pick...wait for it.  That's like a 6th round pick for the Wings!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#70 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

whose on the trade block nowadays? thats around his salary?

im sure the wings keep him around just for injuries sake 

#71 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

I say keep him. 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#72 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

whose on the trade block nowadays? thats around his salary?

im sure the wings keep him around just for injuries sake 

Keith Ballard?

#73 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

i am not a huge fan of Quincy. really have no emotions concerning him

anyway, i think that the Quincy bashing is highly amusing seeing that he is a +11 and thats all  Babs wants from him

Edited by Spongewingredpants, 06 March 2013 - 06:12 AM.

My wish: A healthy roster

#74 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Keith Ballard?

Ballard<White

#75 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Wow, White scratched again tonight, that's like 4 in a row, right?

What is the deal with this guy?  Can they flip him for a conditional pick or something?  Dude was a +22 last year and had pretty good production numbers.  I've never been much of a fan of him, but his play must have been unusually infuriating that he can't crack THIS defensive corps.  I feel like every was pooping all over Quincey and Kindl earlier this year, and it's White who can't even play now.

#76 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

THIS defensive corps.

You mean this defensive corps that has allowed five goals over four games. I see it as nothing more than not messing with success. Babcock will probably shake things up when it stops working.

Edited by The Greek, 07 March 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#77 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

http://www.mlive.com...hasnt_aske.html

Wings said he still figures into their plans, and he hasn't asked for a trade, but I gotta think his value these days is more if he is moved.

Kindl has come around in the last few games and played great, Smith is back healthy, Kronner and Ericsson aren't going anywhere, Lashoff makes this team much better, and Quincey has steadied himself, sitting +11. Huskins is a good 7th d-man, and we still have Colaiacovo on IR to look forward to. Fact is, this team has been better since White has been sitting, and if he isn't playing Top-4 minutes we are better to trade him as a rental and get some help scoring or some picks in return.

Might as well thank the guy for a few decent years by being honest with him and moving him somewhere he'll actually play.

#78 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

http://www.mlive.com...hasnt_aske.html

Wings said he still figures into their plans, and he hasn't asked for a trade, but I gotta think his value these days is more if he is moved.

Kindl has come around in the last few games and played great, Smith is back healthy, Kronner and Ericsson aren't going anywhere, Lashoff makes this team much better, and Quincey has steadied himself, sitting +11. Huskins is a good 7th d-man, and we still have Colaiacovo on IR to look forward to. Fact is, this team has been better since White has been sitting, and if he isn't playing Top-4 minutes we are better to trade him as a rental and get some help scoring or some picks in return.

Might as well thank the guy for a few decent years by being honest with him and moving him somewhere he'll actually play.

"figures into their plans"? hmmm possible trade coming? :)

Edited by Euro_Twins, 07 March 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#79 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Wow, White scratched again tonight, that's like 4 in a row, right?

What is the deal with this guy?  Can they flip him for a conditional pick or something?  Dude was a +22 last year and had pretty good production numbers.  I've never been much of a fan of him, but his play must have been unusually infuriating that he can't crack THIS defensive corps.  I feel like every was pooping all over Quincey and Kindl earlier this year, and it's White who can't even play now.

Wings started winning when White's garbage turnovers a general weakness left the line up.  Chemistry is running the Wings blueline now and even Q is playing good hockey, aside from his brain fart against the Hawks trying to take a clapper in the slot on a bouncing puck to clear it. 

In the words of Ricky from Trailer Park Boys..... I f***in' toad-a-so, f***in' toad-a-so!

As for his +22, a pylon could be +22 on the other side of Lidstrom's blue line.  And Kindl may have just had his best game in the NHL, so White is baggage at this point that you couldn't care less if it was lost at the airport.

"figures into their plans"? hmmm possible trade coming? :)

Time to take trim the fat.

#80 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Gotta think we are going to trade White now. Is he a healthy scratch today too?

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 09 March 2013 - 12:30 PM.