• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Time to sit Ian White

Rate this topic

THIS defensive corps.

You mean this defensive corps that has allowed five goals over four games. I see it as nothing more than not messing with success. Babcock will probably shake things up when it stops working.

Edited by The Greek

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_ian_white_hasnt_aske.html

Wings said he still figures into their plans, and he hasn't asked for a trade, but I gotta think his value these days is more if he is moved.

Kindl has come around in the last few games and played great, Smith is back healthy, Kronner and Ericsson aren't going anywhere, Lashoff makes this team much better, and Quincey has steadied himself, sitting +11. Huskins is a good 7th d-man, and we still have Colaiacovo on IR to look forward to. Fact is, this team has been better since White has been sitting, and if he isn't playing Top-4 minutes we are better to trade him as a rental and get some help scoring or some picks in return.

Might as well thank the guy for a few decent years by being honest with him and moving him somewhere he'll actually play.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_ian_white_hasnt_aske.html

Wings said he still figures into their plans, and he hasn't asked for a trade, but I gotta think his value these days is more if he is moved.

Kindl has come around in the last few games and played great, Smith is back healthy, Kronner and Ericsson aren't going anywhere, Lashoff makes this team much better, and Quincey has steadied himself, sitting +11. Huskins is a good 7th d-man, and we still have Colaiacovo on IR to look forward to. Fact is, this team has been better since White has been sitting, and if he isn't playing Top-4 minutes we are better to trade him as a rental and get some help scoring or some picks in return.

Might as well thank the guy for a few decent years by being honest with him and moving him somewhere he'll actually play.

"figures into their plans"? hmmm possible trade coming? :)

Edited by Euro_Twins

Wow, White scratched again tonight, that's like 4 in a row, right?

What is the deal with this guy? Can they flip him for a conditional pick or something? Dude was a +22 last year and had pretty good production numbers. I've never been much of a fan of him, but his play must have been unusually infuriating that he can't crack THIS defensive corps. I feel like every was pooping all over Quincey and Kindl earlier this year, and it's White who can't even play now.

Wings started winning when White's garbage turnovers a general weakness left the line up. Chemistry is running the Wings blueline now and even Q is playing good hockey, aside from his brain fart against the Hawks trying to take a clapper in the slot on a bouncing puck to clear it.

In the words of Ricky from Trailer Park Boys..... I f***in' toad-a-so, f***in' toad-a-so!

As for his +22, a pylon could be +22 on the other side of Lidstrom's blue line. And Kindl may have just had his best game in the NHL, so White is baggage at this point that you couldn't care less if it was lost at the airport.

"figures into their plans"? hmmm possible trade coming? :)

Time to take trim the fat.

I must be in the minority here because I don't care if I ever see Ian White play for this team again. Not because I have anything against White, but because he's not really better at anything than anybody else in our lineup is.

I must be in the minority here because I don't care if I ever see Ian White play for this team again. Not because I have anything against White, but because he's not really better at anything than anybody else in our lineup is.

I suppose you could say one of the advantages he has is that he's a right-handed shot.

I suppose you could say one of the advantages he has is that he's a right-handed shot.

It's not really an advantage over anyone aside from maybe Kindl, who's player better in every other way. Kronwall is a lefty but he's scoring like gangbusters, Smith is a righty and is bigger and more athletic. And the other guys are defensive defensemen and therefore not interchangeable with White. So essentially he's competing with Kindl, who's bigger, faster, stronger, hits harder, and is scoring more this season. If a righty is worth all that to Babs or Holland they need to retire.

It's not really an advantage over anyone aside from maybe Kindl, who's player better in every other way. Kronwall is a lefty but he's scoring like gangbusters, Smith is a righty and is bigger and more athletic. And the other guys are defensive defensemen and therefore not interchangeable with White. So essentially he's competing with Kindl, who's bigger, faster, stronger, hits harder, and is scoring more this season. If a righty is worth all that to Babs or Holland they need to retire.

Smith is a lefty...

Quincey is terrible. His passes are flimsy. He turns it over often. He misplayed the puck and was directly responsible for CBS's third goal tonight. The guy can't even catch a pass. White should be in instead of Quincey. Plus, White's a right hand shot and should go back and help the second PP unit, if not replace Brunner on the point on the first PP unit. Brunner is not that great there.

Kronwall should be on the trading block too. Doesn't seem like he's leading the D corps.

Losing to Columbus pisses me off.

Quincey is terrible. His passes are flimsy. He turns it over often. He misplayed the puck and was directly responsible for CBS's third goal tonight. The guy can't even catch a pass. White should be in instead of Quincey. Plus, White's a right hand shot and should go back and help the second PP unit, if not replace Brunner on the point on the first PP unit. Brunner is not that great there.

Kronwall should be on the trading block too. Doesn't seem like he's leading the D corps.

Losing to Columbus pisses me off.

You sir do not know what you are talking about. Kronwall not leading the D core? He is 3rd in scoring in the league!

it seemed like white second guessed a lot of his outlet passes which caused for the lane to close up before utilizing it. he didn't stand out or impress me retrieving the puck. all in all, he didn't play that big of a game to convince Babcock he needs to be out there. I'd prefer Lashoff and his ability to play physical, clear the crease, and stand by the basics when it comes to the transition.

White would probably do better on a team that's all about offense first, but for what he brings, he really just doesn't fit on this team.

I'd rather see the Wings play several shutdown guys who make the simple play than have him out there getting beat along the wall and throwing errant passes up the middle.

I hope the only reason they put him in instead of Lashoff is so teams don't forget his name at the trade deadline and that he can be had for a bag of pucks, or peanuts.

I hope the only reason they put him in instead of Lashoff is so teams don't forget his name at the trade deadline and that he can be had for a bag of pucks, or peanuts.

Babcock explicitly said in the pregame that it didn't have anything to do with Lashoff's play, but that they wanted "a change, just for one game", or something to that effect. Lashoff will be back soon.

White hasnt impressed me tonight. Lashoff wins on pure physicality alone

We have enough physical players in our line up :cheesy: . Hitting is for *******! Lets move the puck if it's not intercepted and then dump and don't chase. That's what we did against the BJ's all weekend. At least we know that White was not the answer...