Photo
- - - - -

Time to sit Ian White

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Ya, it is a bit sad, but White is done here I believe.  His spot will be filled by either a top pairing star or Dekeyser.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#102 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

You sir do not know what you are talking about. Kronwall not leading the D core? He is 3rd in scoring in the league!

Kronwall is not 3rd in scoring in the league. He's not even the 3rd highest scoring defenseman in the league. He is 3rd on the team in PIM. Maybe that's what you are referring to. 

#103 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Kronwall is not 3rd in scoring in the league. He's not even the 3rd highest scoring defenseman in the league. He is 3rd on the team in PIM. Maybe that's what you are referring to. 

Pretty sure he meant 3rd in the league for defenseman scoring, which at the time Kronwall was.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#104 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Ya, it is a bit sad, but White is done here I believe.  His spot will be filled by either a top pairing star or Dekeyser.

get him and quincey out and you free up 6.5 million in cap space, and it wouldn't hurt our defense any either. 

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#105 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

get him and quincey out and you free up 6.5 million in cap space, and it wouldn't hurt our defense any either. 

Ya man, let White go, abandon ship on Q however possible and sign Dekeyser to play with Smith.  That would be the perfect pairing.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#106 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I just looked up Quincey's salary again and puked in my mouth a little bit...good lord, Holland.

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#107 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think White's as good as gone.  If not via trade, he'll end up somewhere else in the off season as a UFA.  Saw an article from an Edmonton sports writer suggesting a White for Omark trade would be good for all parties involved.  Not sure I would want Omark over a draft pick at this point though.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#108 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think White's as good as gone.  If not via trade, he'll end up somewhere else in the off season as a UFA.  Saw an article from an Edmonton sports writer suggesting a White for Omark trade would be good for all parties involved.  Not sure I would want Omark over a draft pick at this point though.

What would we have to package with White to get Smid?

#109 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Omark and Brunner have good chemistry though, it would be interesting to see if Brunner and Omark could play well together in NA too, could you imagine if he could play well here with Brunner, the line of Omark-Z-Brunner would be awesome, then Filppula-pasha-perry (assuming Holland trades franzen, and a prospect for perry)

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#110 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 565 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I put it in here:

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive

Holland said White has fractured cheek bone. Will see doctor Monday to determine if surgery needed.

But he will play tonight:

"Holland said White will replace Quincey in lineup tonight."

Edited by germanwing, 16 March 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#111 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Rather have Huskins in than White. White has shown absolutely nothing at either end of the ice.

#112 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

I put it in here:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Holland said White has fractured cheek bone. Will see doctor Monday to determine if surgery needed.

But he will play tonight:

"Holland said White will replace Quincey in lineup tonight."

I think that's a typo. He had several other tweets referring to Quincey's fractured cheekbone.

Red Wings fear Kyle Quincey's cheek bone might be fractured after he was hit by puck | http://MLive.com  http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_fear_kyle_quinceys_c.html 

It is the cheek and not the jaw with Quincey

Holland said they don't want Quincey to fly in case jaw/cheek is broken.

#113 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 565 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

I think that's a typo. He had several other tweets referring to Quincey's fractured cheekbone.

Red Wings fear Kyle Quincey's cheek bone might be fractured after he was hit by puck | http://MLive.com  http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_fear_kyle_quinceys_c.html 

It is the cheek and not the jaw with Quincey

Holland said they don't want Quincey to fly in case jaw/cheek is broken.

makes sense.... :g:

#114 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Omark and Brunner have good chemistry though, it would be interesting to see if Brunner and Omark could play well together in NA too, could you imagine if he could play well here with Brunner, the line of Omark-Z-Brunner would be awesome, then Filppula-pasha-perry (assuming Holland trades franzen, and a prospect for perry)

I'd rather have Omark for White just for the prospect of offence being created.  We know what White brings to the table and we know his days here are numbered.  Give Omark a tryout with the Wings this year and see if he's got a place here. 

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!