• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Dan Cleary appreciation thread

Rate this topic

This thread's gotten ridiculous. When we choose to hate a player, he has no chance. He'll have to perform at an MVP level to shift the hate to someone else.

What the mods here either refuse to acknowledge or don't realize is these attitudes always grow from the same few doom and gloom depression cases. And we all know who they are. We're concerned about filtering curse words but we allow obvious trolling and non-stop doomspeak stupidity? I'm less annoyed by a few four letter words than I am the trolls saying every single thing we ever do sucks in every possible way.

This forum could be raised quite a few notches with the removal of a certain couple people. Let them go fester with the other idiots on RWC.

The mods here prefer that people act like grown ups and realize that the site is only as good as the content people post. The forum is completely user generated content, so if someone thinks the forum sucks, they can focus on generating better content.

I am as tired as anyone of the bashing here, but much of it is technically within forum rules. We prefer to moderate in a more relaxed style than to police every thread and go by the letter of the rules. If we did that for example, your post would be off topic and derailing the thread and you would be warned or suspended depending on your history. And someone can genuinely have a critical or unpopular opinion without it necessarily being trolling. Policing opinions that way would do more harm than good.

So some people here will post for a while in that grey area. Annoying as it may be in the short term, eventually they usually either fall into trolling and are dealt with or they start to post more productively as they get over whatever it is that upset them. In the meantime if they bother you that much there's the ignore function so you won't have to read their posts.

This thread's gotten ridiculous. When we choose to hate a player, he has no chance. He'll have to perform at an MVP level to shift the hate to someone else.

What the mods here either refuse to acknowledge or don't realize is these attitudes always grow from the same few doom and gloom depression cases. And we all know who they are. We're concerned about filtering curse words but we allow obvious trolling and non-stop doomspeak stupidity? I'm less annoyed by a few four letter words than I am the trolls saying every single thing we ever do sucks in every possible way.

This forum could be raised quite a few notches with the removal of a certain couple people. Let them go fester with the other idiots on RWC.

Except Cleary actually does suck right now!

I don't really think its out of line for that to be voiced no matter who it is coming from.

PS.. Anybody is more than welcome to skip over a discussion they don't like. Nobody is forcing you to read these peoples opinions.

I am glad he is playing better and seems to have found a bit of his game. Unfortunately there is no room on this team for him next season. BUT as well all know, Holland keeps his vet's until they retire (no matter how their game has dropped (Draper, Maltby)) so I fully expect Cleary to be re-signed and one of our kids being stuck in GR again to rot away. Also takes a roster spot away from possibly signing a real scorer in the off season. Thanks for the time Cleary, but it's time to go. Andersson and Tatar are ready to be here 100% and I'd still love to have someone like Perry on this team. I would sacrifice Cleary for any of those players to be here...

Except Cleary actually does suck right now!

I don't really think its out of line for that to be voiced no matter who it is coming from.

PS.. Anybody is more than welcome to skip over a discussion they don't like. Nobody is forcing you to read these peoples opinions.

Agreed.

I responded to the post but don't want to further derail the thread into a discussion of moderating policy.

From here on out let's get back on the topic of Cleary. If someone wants to start a thread in the water cooler regarding forum rules or moderating, they're welcome to.

There's a number of us wjo have been around for a lot of years here and have a lot of different opinions on a lot of our guys but just cause some of the opinions are negative doesn't mean we're trolls. It simply means we don't like that player. If you make a strong case than by all means say your piece. It's when you come in and say "Cleary's lazy and he sucks" and that's all you add to a conversation, thats trolling. When you state that he doesn't belong in the top 6 and give reasons like he doesn't have the hockey sense of legs to keep up with Dats, hes been taking stupid untimely penalties and gives the puck away excessively and most of his shots are bread basket and from the side boards, then with those comments i actually raise an argument within the topic.

Ken Daniels tonight, "And Cleary passes that one to... no one in particular."

I know, I know. He scored twice tonight. I still don't like the way he plays the game.

He actually had quite a few of those tonight and dumb turnovers that just weren't commented on. He only scored once by standing in front of the net and waiting for a good pass to tap in, but he did get an assist by being on Datsyuk's line. Hopefully the last 2 games have marked a turnaround for him this season.

esteef

Maybe if we keep stoking his confidence in here, he'll pick it up out there!

COME ON CLEARY!

....Channel your inner NEWFIE NINJA power..........We must medidtate upon this wisdom......

Edit: This is my post 1111.......I feel some strange power befalling on this post....

Edited by Hiei

He actually had quite a few of those tonight and dumb turnovers that just weren't commented on. He only scored once by standing in front of the net and waiting for a good pass to tap in, but he did get an assist by being on Datsyuk's line. Hopefully the last 2 games have marked a turnaround for him this season.

esteef

Thats right he had 2 points, not 2 goals... Though I remember thinking thats Abs was going to get credit for that tip, which would take away Cleary's assist. I guess they never changed it.

He did have a number of passes to "random open patches of ice"; Thats a good play in pee wee hockey, but not in the NHL.

And Brunner was the one that made his goal possible.... alright now I'm just bashing. (but seriously, that was all Brunner's pass :tounge: )

It shouldn't have to be a huge novelty like it is when Cleary actually has a couple good games, but it really is. I truly hope he is not re-signed this summer. 4 points in 19 games doesn't mean "Cleary's back", it simply means he had a multiple point game to double his season total while playing 20 mins a night in the top 6 with Dats. Not sold on him.

Guest Johnz96

It shouldn't have to be a huge novelty like it is when Cleary actually has a couple good games, but it really is. I truly hope he is not re-signed this summer. 4 points in 19 games doesn't mean "Cleary's back", it simply means he had a multiple point game to double his season total while playing 20 mins a night in the top 6 with Dats. Not sold on him.

In all fairness he has 7 points but that only 1 more than Tatar and Cleary has gotten nearly triple the ice-time and has played a lot with Datsyuk

Not that I agree or disagree with his future here but why bring up point totals? We're not talking about the whole season, we're talking lately and lately he has been pretty good.