Dan Cleary appreciation thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#21 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Making a thread mocking Cleary is pretty s***ty though I must say.  I like everyone else agrees he is done but he has more than served this team well over the years.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#22 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Making a thread mocking Cleary is pretty s***ty though I must say.  I like everyone else agrees he is done but he has more than served this team well over the years.

This is professional sports not hollywood. What you did a few years ago compared to now doesn't matter.

bringit.jpg

#23 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Another guy that shot himself in the foot by not playing during the lockout. 

#24 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

He's been pretty awful. I know we are riddled with injuries, but giving him this much time on the top line is just too much. Its time to call up Nyquist, this team needs people who can actually be effective top 6 scorers in the top 6. 

Maybe we can trade him for a pick, some team that doesn't watch the Wings might not know how awful he is.

Posted Image

#25 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Andersson hasn't done anything terrible but he also hasn't done anything to stand out..throw a bone to someone else in GR and see what they have.  While we are missing an entire 5 man unit to injury now would be the time to try some different guys out.

Andersson's only problem as far as I can tell is that he slower than molasses.  He looks like a destitute version of Holmstrom.

I like what he did against the ducks in the playoffs back in... I forget - back when he could skate.

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#26 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Andersson's only problem as far as I can tell is that he slower than molasses.  He looks like a destitute version of Holmstrom.

I like what he did against the ducks in the playoffs back in... I forget - back when he could skate.

What are you talking about? Andersson did not play in the NHL before this season, let alone in 2009. 

#27 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

I respect Cleary for what he's given this team over the years but I'm at the point now where I'd trade him for a couple of LA's Ice-girls. some pictures of LA's Ice-Girls.

#28 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

I agree....sit Cleary and send Andersson back to GR and give a bone to Sheahan and Ferraro

Sheahan is even slower than Andersson, and Ferraro is not yet strong enough to compete in the NHL.

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Sheahan is even slower than Andersson, and Ferraro is not yet strong enough to compete in the NHL.

We DO have the Holy Hand Grenade.

#30 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Plus I believe Ferraro got injured in their last game...Not sure how serious, but he was helped off the ice.

#31 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Exactly. F Cleary. Get someone else in there. The experiment is over.

In his defense, the next year he got him going to 25 goals... just saying. I'm not a Hudler fan by any stretch, but he eventually got going, doubt it to be the case with cleary though, he looks to be done

#32 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

What are you talking about? Andersson did not play in the NHL before this season, let alone in 2009. 

I'm pretty sure he was talking about cleary's performance againt the ducks.

I don't usually join in on the blind hate of the token LGW whipping boy, but, Cleary has been dreadful. He has been slow and weak. Not to mention, his decision making has been terrible. Watch the second goal for the blues. We were on the PK and Pavs lugged the puck deep into their zone, then you have cleary following close for a pass or rebound. Once the blues got the puck back they had a 3 on 2 to the net. Cleary should not be on the pk anyway, but, that mental error was inexcusable. It looks like he forgot how to play in addition to getting older and slower.

Edited by The Greek, 14 February 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#33 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I'm pretty sure he was talking about cleary's performance againt the ducks.

I don't usually join in on the blind hate of the token LGW whipping boy, but, Cleary has been dreadful. He has been slow and weak. Not to mention, his decision making has been terrible. Watch the second goal for the blues. We were on the PK and Pavs lugged the puck deep into their zone, then you have cleary following close for a pass or rebound. Once the blues got the puck back they had a 3 on 2 to the net. Cleary should not be on the pk anyway, but, that mental error was inexcusable. It looks like he forgot how to play in addition to getting older and slower.

Concur. If you have a clear 2 on 1 (and by clear, i mean 10 plus feet of separation), you take the risk and try to keep your shot somewhere that doesnt generate a huge rebound. But if you are just pressing on the pk because it "looks ok", then you are putting your team at risk. There was no reason for Cleary to push farther than the blue line in that instance. He put his team in jeopardy there.

#34 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

We DO have the Holy Hand Grenade.

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#35 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

loved him missing the open net on that z's specials sauce pass against the blues

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#36 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Not true. Andersson's skating has always been a problem and has been frequently mentioned in his scouting reports.

Sheahan moves alright for a big man.

In fact, I can't think of any area where Sheahan doesn't have more upside than Andersson.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#37 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Not true. Andersson's skating has always been a problem and has been frequently mentioned in his scouting reports.

In fact, I can't think of any area where Sheahan doesn't have more upside than Andersson.

Even if Shehan is slower (somehow) he is also a lot more physical, which is something we need

#38 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Aside from handling his liquor?  And he's a terrible driver.  :lol:   this will never get old.  Seriously though, can't wait to see Sheahan on the Wings.  We need more big guys like the Bruins and Kings to help out our smaller skilled guys.  If only Abs remembered how to do things with the puck he would have been a perfect fit on the Z-Brunner line.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#39 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Looks like Tatar replacing Cleary on 2nd line with Filppula and Samuelsson, at least in practice.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#40 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Looks like Tatar replacing Cleary on 2nd line with Filppula and Samuelsson, at least in practice.

OMG I HOPE THIS IS TRUE!!!! please say clearyy goes to 4th line