• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#81 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

This thread's gotten ridiculous. When we choose to hate a player, he has no chance. He'll have to perform at an MVP level to shift the hate to someone else. 

What the mods here either refuse to acknowledge or don't realize is these attitudes always grow from the same few doom and gloom depression cases. And we all know who they are. We're concerned about filtering curse words but we allow obvious trolling and non-stop doomspeak stupidity? I'm less annoyed by a few four letter words than I am the trolls saying every single thing we ever do sucks in every possible way. 

This forum could be raised quite a few notches with the removal of a certain couple people. Let them go fester with the other idiots on RWC. 

There's a number of us wjo have been around for a lot of years here and have a lot of different opinions on a lot of our guys but just cause some of the opinions are negative doesn't mean we're trolls. It simply means we don't like that player. If you make a strong case than by all means say your piece. It's when you come in and say "Cleary's lazy and he sucks" and that's all you add to a conversation, thats trolling. When you state that he doesn't belong in the top 6 and give reasons like he doesn't have the hockey sense of legs to keep up with Dats, hes been taking stupid untimely penalties and gives the puck away excessively and most of his shots are bread basket and from the side boards, then with those comments i actually raise an argument within the topic.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#82 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

As I already requested, let's stay on topic.  Posts continuing to discuss moderating policy or other topics will be deleted. 

If you guys want to further discuss trolling or moderators or forum policy, feel free to start a thread in the water cooler. 

Thanks. 

#83 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Ken Daniels tonight, "And Cleary passes that one to... no one in particular."

I know, I know. He scored tonight. I still don't like the way he plays the game.

Edited by roboturner, 24 February 2013 - 09:53 PM.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#84 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ken Daniels tonight, "And Cleary passes that one to... no one in particular."

I know, I know. He scored twice tonight. I still don't like the way he plays the game.

He actually had quite a few of those tonight and dumb turnovers that just weren't commented on.  He only scored once by standing in front of the net and waiting for a good pass to tap in, but he did get an assist by being on Datsyuk's line.  Hopefully the last 2 games have marked a turnaround for him this season.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#85 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Maybe if we keep stoking his confidence in here, he'll pick it up out there!

COME ON CLEARY! 

....Channel your inner NEWFIE NINJA power..........We must medidtate upon this wisdom......

Edit:  This is my post 1111.......I feel some strange power befalling on this post....

Edited by Hiei, 24 February 2013 - 10:49 PM.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#86 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

He actually had quite a few of those tonight and dumb turnovers that just weren't commented on.  He only scored once by standing in front of the net and waiting for a good pass to tap in, but he did get an assist by being on Datsyuk's line.  Hopefully the last 2 games have marked a turnaround for him this season.

esteef

Thats right he had 2 points, not 2 goals... Though I remember thinking thats Abs was going to get credit for that tip, which would take away Cleary's assist. I guess they never changed it.

He did have a number of passes to "random open patches of ice"; Thats a good play in pee wee hockey, but not in the NHL.

And Brunner was the one that made his goal possible.... alright now I'm just bashing. (but seriously, that was all Brunner's pass :tounge: )

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#87 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Great job tonight Clears! He's really turned it on over the last few games :thumbup:

#88 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

If Cleary can play like Homer, to some degree, and be effective on the PP, then he will make his keep, he will be falling out of grace.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#89 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

It shouldn't have to be a huge novelty like it is when Cleary actually has a couple good games, but it really is. I truly hope he is not re-signed this summer. 4 points in 19 games doesn't mean "Cleary's back", it simply means he had a multiple point game to double his season total while playing 20 mins a night in the top 6 with Dats. Not sold on him.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#90 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Not really sold on Cleary either but as long as he's chipping in I can't really say much right now. Him getting some points hopefully boosts his confidence level. He needs it.

#91 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

It shouldn't have to be a huge novelty like it is when Cleary actually has a couple good games, but it really is. I truly hope he is not re-signed this summer. 4 points in 19 games doesn't mean "Cleary's back", it simply means he had a multiple point game to double his season total while playing 20 mins a night in the top 6 with Dats. Not sold on him.

In all fairness he has 7 points but that only 1 more than Tatar and Cleary has gotten nearly triple the ice-time and has played a lot with Datsyuk

#92 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Not that I agree or disagree with his future here but why bring up point totals? We're not talking about the whole season, we're talking lately and lately he has been pretty good.

#93 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

If Cleary has indeed managed to get his act together, albeit after 19 games then I have no complaints. We can't afford to have guys in the top 6 that can't produce

#94 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Since this was bumped sarcastically, it's staying locked for now. 

Dan Cleary discussion can take place in the thread about his signing.