• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Sens Karlsson suffers lacerated Achilles tendon

Rate this topic

If it wasn't Cooke, I might think it was accidental. The way he goes to put his skate down, makes me think that this was a little more intentional. I do like that Clarkson busted a few of his chicklets out when he refused to fight. Sorry Cooke, you've got to stand up and answer to that hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvoMpbdA-0A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I am so sick of that POS, the sad part is he won't have to answer for this "accident" - yeah sure it is an accident put your damn foot down and skate like others!! - the Penguins have guys like MacIntyre and Engelland to protect him..really unfortunate the book of tough guys should be thrown at him every game.

Aaron Ward mentioned on TSN that players are using their legs to gain more control now, because pushing and grabbing is under a heavy ref microscope. So good job NHL instead of some pushes and a bit of grabbing now are getting their legs cut by guys that shouldn't be in the league any longer.

This league is becoming more and more of a joke give this idiot 30 games.

To fill in for people that haven't played hockey, Matt Cooke put his leg up like that so that he could gain leverage and pin the defenseman along the boards by putting his leg between Karlsson's, unfortunately Karlsson's legs came together quickly in an effort to evade Cooke and that freak accident happened. I understand that it's Matt Cooke, and he truly deserves no benefit of doubt, but it's a legitimate play by him to win a puck battle, or at the very least pin the defenseman along the boards. I truly believe it was an accident, but I understand it's Matt Cooke and don't blame anyone for being against him.

Refs error first. NHL or Shanahan should discipline the ref that night. Then Shanny should suspend Cooke. It doesn't matter to me if it was intentional or not. In the real world, if you accidentally murder someone, it's called manslaughter and you still get sentenced.

Guest The Axe

Refs error first. NHL or Shanahan should discipline the ref that night. Then Shanny should suspend Cooke. It doesn't matter to me if it was intentional or not. In the real world, if you accidentally murder someone, it's called manslaughter and you still get sentenced.

Good call. Cooke needs to be given a season of suspension to think about his stupidness. Im wondering if Sid is going to have to pay for this.

Watched the replay again even Alfredsson (spelling)? pointed to all the refs showing them that the puck was over the class and they should have stopped the game. It is really to bad now referee errors aren't "only" costing games they cost players their own healthcare, really unfortunate. .

I fully agree Cooke has a long history so it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, he should get a suspension for it or else Malkin or Crosby are going to have to pay for it the Penguins better dress MacIntyre every night, because both are going to need him bad this season.

I wake up today and everyone is calling it an accident. Lebrun, etc. The league won't even look at it.

Bulls***. If he was simply just bringing his foot down, he'd bring it down straight like a normal human being who has used skates for more than a few months. Look at the way he kicks his ankle like he's heel stomping something. I don't care if he wasn't looking at it (we don't know where his eyes are looking) he still looks like he intentionally stomped down, he just didn't care where. He doesn't need to be aiming to one specific area to make it intentional What else was he trying to do? The other foot was wide out. Where would he have hit if he wasn't trying to hit Karlsson? Why would anyone kick their ankle like that into an angle that would've smacked it for no reason into the board? He wouldn't have even hit the yellow line, he would've, for no apparent reason, kicked the boards pretty high.

I know the only conceivable thing would be that he was trying to pin Karlsson but it's possible to do that without stomping down with your heel.

not sure what everyone is saying. this stuff happens randomly like the modano incident or the helm one with the wrists. It sucks because it might not have happened if the play was called dead, but it might also not have happened if the coach chose another dman to put on the ice. so many coulda/wouldas. It was chance - I don't think cooke intended to slash the back of his leg - even that is too boneheaded for someone like cooke. its nobodies fault really, it comes with the territory. this is why I wear kevlar socks and slash guards - if I fall and get stepped on or something i will be protected.

1-If it was not Matt Cooke, there would not even be a discussion on this, except all we would say is tough blow for Ottawa

2-TSN broke it down pretty good, this was a hockey hit

3-The next game you watch, count how many times this exact play is done. Players are coached now to hit like this since its technically holding, but with the legs.

4-No I am not a fan of Cooke, just a fan of hockey

When I first saw it I was livid. I blamed Cooke because I thought Karlsson had a knee injury and I saw Cooke raise his knee going into the check. Now that I know it's a laceration I don't think it was intentional. However, we shouldn't even be discussing this because that piece of s*** should have been ejected from the league years ago. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if they did suspend him. He deserves to be penalized just for being Matt Cooke.

Edited by The Greek

1-If it was not Matt Cooke, there would not even be a discussion on this, except all we would say is tough blow for Ottawa

2-TSN broke it down pretty good, this was a hockey hit

3-The next game you watch, count how many times this exact play is done. Players are coached now to hit like this since its technically holding, but with the legs.

4-No I am not a fan of Cooke, just a fan of hockey

I bought the whole thing until the heel kick. I see that play happen a lot. What I don't see are guys kicking their heel right into another player.

I think Matt Cooke is still a POS for all his past actions, but I just don't see how this was intentional.

Apparently on TSN Aaron Ward showed several clips from the Dallas-Calgary game where players basically did the same thing as they tried to pin a guy to the boards. Players do it constantly, this was just a fluke play by one of the dirtiest players in the game (even if he's reformed) to one of the league's young stars.

Were it just about anyone other than Cooke, I also would've had a problem with Neil going after him. Given Cooke's history though, he's still got a careers worth of beatings coming to him.

I bought the whole thing until the heel kick. I see that play happen a lot. What I don't see are guys kicking their heel right into another player.

So Matt Cooke losing balance while leaning into someone along the boards, while standing on one leg isn't plausible? I understand it's Matt Cooke, but he's only human, and that play sure seemed accidental to me. He tried to get his knee between Karlsson's legs and then plant, instead of planting between Karlsson's legs, he planted on Karlsson's leg that he just got into position.

The whole play was so short, if Karlsson's legs didn't get moved together Matt Cooke would have been able to plant his foot on the ice pinning Karlsson to the boards, but in less than a second Karlsson had his legs come together and Matt Cooke was just finishing the play like any normal hockey player would. It's a terrible accident, but this isn't a situation where Cooke saw someone vulnerable on the ice, skated up, and the jumped on his leg. This play was completely normal, and would have been without tragedy if Karlsson legs stayed apart which is much more common along the boards, rather then jumping and keeping your legs together.