• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Sens Karlsson suffers lacerated Achilles tendon

Rate this topic

Wow, I mean what are the chances, that two of the dirtiest, most hated players in the entire NHL have both "accidentally" stomped on an opponent with their skate? Poor old Pronger and Cooke, these guys can't buy a break eh? Just making a hockey play, and they both have the misfortune to stomp on their opponents.

I mean, how come this kind of bad luck never happens to Datsyuk or St Louis? A sucker just can't catch an even break... :(

Edited by Nev

Wow, I mean what are the chances, that two of the dirtiest, most hated players in the entire NHL have both "accidentally" stomped on an opponent with their skate? Poor old Pronger and Cooke, these guys can't buy a break eh? Just making a hockey play, and they both have the misfortune to stomp on their opponents.

I mean, how come this kind of bad luck never happens to Datsyuk or St Louis? A sucker just can't catch an even break... :(

Let's not also forget Chris Simon did it too!

I don't know if it is intentional or not, but this guy is really careless is the way he plays the game. He does not care about other players safety. I remember another incident when he was laying on the ice ,and was flailing his skate around at Osgood.

I feel so bad for Eriksson and the rest of the team :( I feel bad for all the ottawa fans. EK is one of the best players is the game. He bring people to the game. Without him, what will happen? :(

Right? It's as if his horrribly dirty reputation is actually saving his ass here. Oh no! Everyone's picking on poor old Matt Cooke! Intention can never be proven so this is exactly the type of circumstance where "benefit of the doubt" SHOULD come into play. I mean why even keep track of past offenses and suspensions if you are not going to use them when the time comes? If there is ANY player in the league who should not get the benefit of the doubt it's MATT f***IN COOKE!! He stomped Karlsson's ankle plain and simple.

esteef

edit: The fact that this hit DOES happen all the time without a rash of players getting their legs sliced up only supports the notion that Cooke did this on purpose. Either that or we are supposed to believe that all hockey players from pee wee on up through juniors to the NHL know how to correctly finish this type of hit without cutting the opponent but Matt Cooke does not? Boooooools***.

By that logic, Steve Tuttle should have gone to jail for attempted murder.

Guest The Axe

not sure what everyone is saying. this stuff happens randomly like the modano incident or the helm one with the wrists. It sucks because it might not have happened if the play was called dead, but it might also not have happened if the coach chose another dman to put on the ice. so many coulda/wouldas. It was chance - I don't think cooke intended to slash the back of his leg - even that is too boneheaded for someone like cooke. its nobodies fault really, it comes with the territory. this is why I wear kevlar socks and slash guards - if I fall and get stepped on or something i will be protected.

This stuff happens far too much with Matt Cooke.

By that logic, Steve Tuttle should have gone to jail for attempted murder.

The two circumstances are not even remotely similar but nice try Mr. "logic". If what Cooke did is sooooo commonplace then where are all the sliced legs? Maybe it's because the vast majority of instances where a player is pinned from behind didn't involve a douchebag like Matt Cooke and therefore didn't result in an "accidental" leg slicing. But I'm sure Karlsson was just "unlucky" in this case, I mean that's what all the talking heads on tv are saying right? And of course we believe everything that's on tv right? Everyone is CERTAIN of Matt Cooke's "intent" right?

I hope someone seriously hurts Matt Cooke. (by "accident" of course ;) )

esteef

Guest The Axe

Yep, lots of examples of why this guy certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.tolensky.com/2011/03/matt-cooke-history-of-violence.html

esteef

Why is this guy in the NHL. Lemieux cried and wimpered his whole career over a the b.s. scrubs mucking up the game. Now he gainfully employs the biggest piece of dung the NHL has seen since Marchment. Puts me like Lemieux less.

The two circumstances are not even remotely similar but nice try Mr. "logic". If what Cooke did is sooooo commonplace then where are all the sliced legs? Maybe it's because the vast majority of instances where a player is pinned from behind didn't involve a douchebag like Matt Cooke and therefore didn't result in an "accidental" leg slicing. But I'm sure Karlsson was just "unlucky" in this case, I mean that's what all the talking heads on tv are saying right? And of course we believe everything that's on tv right? Everyone is CERTAIN of Matt Cooke's "intent" right?

Are these the same talking heads who said that Colin Campbell was a man of impeccable integrity when those emails surfaced with clear evidence of his corruption?

Apparently this is all Karlsson's fault now for not wearing the right kind of socks. What a load of crap!

esteef

Well he wouldn't have been injured if he was.

Not saying it's his fault, but facts are the facts. I guess you just want to suspend everyone for anything now, let's take hitting out of the game while we are at it, sometimes people get hurt!

Well he wouldn't have been injured if he was.

Not saying it's his fault, but facts are the facts. I guess you just want to suspend everyone for anything now, let's take hitting out of the game while we are at it, sometimes people get hurt!

If stomping someone from behind with a skate blade is considered hitting now then yes, suspend away!

esteef

Edited by esteef

Guest irishock

I feel so bad for Eriksson and the rest of the team :( I feel bad for all the ottawa fans. EK is one of the best players is the game. He bring people to the game. Without him, what will happen? :(

Meh, he's making 6 million per. I wouldn't want to have a 70% torn Achilles, but sitting at home collecting your 6 digit cheques with your red Ferrari in the garage; I don't feel bad for any player. Not after the last lockout.

As for the play itself, Cooke obviously didn't do it on purpose. These types of injuries happen so Sens fans should suck it up

Edited by irishock

Im pretty sure Cooke attempted to stomp Karlsson. Look at the replay, who does that when trying to pin a player? Its laughable that people think Cooke wasnt trying something fishy here

Who does that when trying to pin a player? The majority of players....this is the current technique being taught (i.e. lifting your leg up in between your opponents legs). Complete fluke that his skate came down made contact with an unprotected spot on Karlsson's leg.

I think it would take a complete pyscho to do that on purpose. Maybe Cooke is a pyscho and he did do it on purpose, I don't know, but I think that would be a gigantic leap to make and I think pretty much everyone close to the NHL (except the OTT org.) agrees that this was a normal, multiple times a day play that ended badly.

Who does that when trying to pin a player? The majority of players....this is the current technique being taught (i.e. lifting your leg up in between your opponents legs). Complete fluke that his skate came down made contact with an unprotected spot on Karlsson's leg.

I think it would take a complete pyscho to do that on purpose. Maybe Cooke is a pyscho and he did do it on purpose, I don't know, but I think that would be a gigantic leap to make and I think pretty much everyone close to the NHL (except the OTT org.) agrees that this was a normal, multiple times a day play that ended badly.

So lifting your leg SKATE FIRST is currently being taught? I don't think so. Surely an NHL caliber player of numerous years in the league knows how to properly perform pinning another player against the boards without stomping his foot skate-first into the opponent's leg. It's not like Cooke had another player checking him to knock him off balance or anything, he had all day to initiate and properly pin Ottawa's best d-man against the boards without the skate blade making contact. Unfortunately he did not and it wasn't some damned accident.

Using consensus among NHL and tv "experts" is laughable. They will simply fall in line with the league's decision because we all know who affords their paychecks. This isn't the first time, and it certainly won't be the last that they royally screwed up. The Sens owner and GM are absolutely right. Cooke is a piece of s*** and shouldn't be in the league. He's had enough f***in' chances.

esteef

Meh, he's making 6 million per. I wouldn't want to have a 70% torn Achilles, but sitting at home collecting your 6 digit cheques with your red Ferrari in the garage; I don't feel bad for any player. Not after the last lockout.

As for the play itself, Cooke obviously didn't do it on purpose. These types of injuries happen so Sens fans should suck it up

Nick Lidstrom made that much last season. Would you have felt bad if it was him?

Guest The Axe

Defending Matt Cooke is so ridiculous. Once every 5 year accidents seem to happen with Matt Cooke twice a year. How much is enough.

If you think Karlsson is just sitting at home collecting his cheques you are wrong, the guy will have to do an intense rehab, skate a few weeks on basically one leg, same goes for the gym and take cabs whereever he wants to go. So yes, he is getting a lot of money but this doesn't mean, this injury will be an easy one to overcome...so sitting at home and doing nothing might be far from the truth.

I think it would take a complete pyscho to do that on purpose. Maybe

Cooke is a pyscho and he did do it on purpose, I don't know, but I think

that would be a gigantic leap to make

Yeah, what kind of a physco stomps on another player? Chris Simon, Chris Pronger.......Matt Cooke. Spot the common denominator.

Edited by Nev