• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Sens Karlsson suffers lacerated Achilles tendon

Rate this topic

Yeah, what kind of a physco stomps on another player? Chris Simon, Chris Pronger.......Matt Cooke. Spot the common denominator.

Bobby Ryan too.

The difference is those were clear stomps. If you watch the Cooke play at full speed instead of slow motion, I'd hardly call it a stomp. His skate comes down right as they run into the boards.

Cooke is a POS but if he were this good at disguising his dirty plays, he wouldn't have the reputation he does. You guys are giving him way too much credit for how clever he is.

Skate blade being pushed forward towards Karlsson's ankles BEFORE Cooke gets to the boards.

esteef

I really don't know what to say then because that video you posted Cooke is leading with his knee, his leg bent and foot mostly straight down until Karlsson hits the boards, then his leg extends and his foot comes forward and contacts Karlsson's ankle.

Agree to disagree. Clearly we are seeing things with very different eyes.

Like I said, Cooke is a dirtbag and I could care less if he were gone from this league, but when you watch it realtime instead of super slow motion, it looks like a fluke play to me and not some devious plot.

Well, you could say, "You know esteef, you are absolutely right about this and the next time I see Matt Cooke on the street I'm gonna kick the living s*** out of him." But in lieu of that I guess I'll take a difference of opinion.

esteef

knock him out evander kane style

Bobby Ryan too.

The difference is those were clear stomps. If you watch the Cooke play at full speed instead of slow motion, I'd hardly call it a stomp. His skate comes down right as they run into the boards.

Cooke is a POS but if he were this good at disguising his dirty plays, he wouldn't have the reputation he does. You guys are giving him way too much credit for how clever he is.

My point wasn't that Cooke's was a stomp, I was responding to the poster who questioned the mentality of what kind of person would delibarately try to injure another opponent with his skate blade.

edit: The fact that this hit DOES happen all the time without a rash of players getting their legs sliced up only supports the notion that Cooke did this on purpose. Either that or we are supposed to believe that all hockey players from pee wee on up through juniors to the NHL know how to correctly finish this type of hit without cutting the opponent but Matt Cooke does not? Boooooools***.

When Clint Malarchuk had his throat gashed and spilled blood all over the ice, was it because Steve Tuttle swung his skate up on purpose? After all, how many times have players been tangled up in front of the net without the goalie almost being decapitated? Or when Larry Cahan and Ron Harris converged on Bill Masterton to take him out of the play, and he landed on his head and died, should we believe that it was an accident? After all, how often do players sandwich a guy without them dying? Are we supposed to believe that all hockey players from pee wee on up through juniors to the NHL know how to correctly finish this type of play without hurting someone, but these players didn't?

Yes. They're called freak accidents. Things that happen all the time go wrong and end very differently. I understand that it's Matt Cooke and some people cannot separate his reputation from any injury that happens, but if you watch the play at full speed then you'd have to be nuts to think it was deliberate - or, more likely, just harbor a grudge and choose to grind your axe. He isn't that sneaky.