• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

There's no doubt the chemistry in the top 6 would be a lot better with 1 or 2 more shooters. When I envision a rebuilt stanley cup contending Detroit Red WIngs I don't see Flippula in the top 6.

#22 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think he's top six material, and I don't think we need any more shooters.  I just  think we shouldn't put all the pass first guys on one line, and all that shooters on the other.  Last year Zetterberg had 265 shots on goal, Franzen had 211, and Brunner is keeping pace with both of them so obviously he shoots a lot.  However last year Datsyuk shot 167 times, Flip shot (career high) 144 times, and Bert shot 118 times. 

Why in the hell you'd lump them together the way they are now blows my mind. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#23 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

You spend money on Defense and Centers.  Fil is a good center and will be very valuable in the future.  I will agree it makes sense to get an elite winger (like Bobby Ryan) for Fil's replacement.  This is only because Fil is not an elite wing, just a very good one.  At center is a 1 on a lot of teams and a 2 on all.

#24 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

...  Put him with guys that love to shoot, and his production will increase.  No brainer. 

I agree. My thought is to swap Bert and Franzen. Same principle though.

Even though they have 11 goals, they haven't been scoring much as a unit. Both Bert and Flip have a 2g game, and last night was the first time Pav scored on that line (He has 4 on the PP, 1 early while playing with Hank and Cleary). So they've only scored in 4 of 10 games together. We need better from our 2nd (or 1B) line. (Franzen-Hank-Brunner have scored in 8 of 10.)

I thnk Bert's good enough with the puck that he won't hurt Hank and Brunner. Plus the way that line is now there aren't enough pucks to go around. It's probably why Franzen's shots per game are down.

#25 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Fil should be resigned. Only C we have under 30. But lack of depth is forcing us to us him at wing. If we were not planning on keeping him, then we should have moved him last year. being a UFA this summer, his trade value is low.

As for the cost to resing him, Hudler got 4 million per season, so fil? 5+ million.

#26 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Nooo, don't trade fil, I like that guy. Seriously though I do think we should keep him. Maybe put him back with Z though. I think both fil and dats need a legit shooter.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 14 February 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#27 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Nooo, don't trade fil, I like that guy. Seriously though I do think we should keep him. Maybe put him back with Z though. I think both fil and dats need a legit shooter.

Fil-Z-Tatar

Best line last year, and since Tatar > Hudler it could be even better.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Brunner

In my head I see this line killing it. Dats setting Brunner up for shots, with Franzen crashing the net for rebounds? I'm sick of Dats playing with guys who are slow and/or can't score on all the golden opportunities Pav gives them.

#28 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm saying this as both a die hard Cleary fan and a proponent of bringing back Sammy; flip should stay at almost all cost. Even if it means buying out Sammy or Cleary and dumping some fourth liner

We are stuclk with Sammy. Worst signing Ever. Holland will not buy him out.

Cleary and Val we can dump. Expect Holland to sign Val at 4.5 mil per and Cleary at 1.5 mil per. And then to try to lowball Perry and lose out. "We made what we thought was a good offer." Blah blah blah

#29 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

I like Val, but he's going to command 4 to 5 mil per. Wings have more pressing needs for that money.

You got to find someone to spend it on, and in the modern NHL, Free Agency is weak year after year.

Bottom line is, you don't let good players walk away for nothing. 

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#30 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Franzen-Datsyuk-Brunner

I'm sick of Dats playing with guys who are slow and/or can't score on all the golden opportunities Pav gives them.

And yet you put Franzen on his line?

#31 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

not resigning fil wont hurt us? im calling bull s*** on that one

#32 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

If we  can sign this guy for 4 -5 million a year I'd say go for it. In a world where Zajac is making 5.75, Grabovski almost the same getting Filps for a lower amount would be unbelievable.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !