• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dimaline312000

Anyone else getting pissed that the Wings can't hold leads

Rate this topic

So I can't rememeber which games specfically but last night's 4-3 OTL Vs the Blues has to have been the 3rd time this season so far that the Wings have had a 2 Goal lead and blown it. I realize the Wings are going through some changes but this had to be expected I mean Liddy couldn't play forever, Holmsy couldn't play forever and the team should have known that and been prepared. I'm fine with our roster right now but I'm very frustrated that the Wings can't seem to hold leads once they get them. Just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same way or do you think I'm out of line. I feel the same way every year. I always have High HOPES for the Wings but I cna't say that I have High EXPECTATIONS for the Wings this season. I'm not saying we need a trade or a major signing but the Wings really need to work on maintaining leads once they have them.

It was the 5th time we've given up a two goal lead, which is scary. 3rd time we've fallen behind 3-2 after being up 2-0.

However, this is the first time we've lost in those 5 games. Makes it a bit more palatable, but yeah.

Shoo: I totally agree with you when the Wings are playing smart and hard they are almost impossible to beat and are one of if not the best team(s) in the League. It's the fact that they start these games out playing so very well and than just bomb it after that, and that just can't keep happening moving forward. The Wings need to learn to play a full 60 Minutes of Hockey all the time. Not that I expect them to win every single game but blowing leads is almost a sure-fire way to lose games.

Buppy: Thanks for the correction I knew I had to be close on my numbers but wasn't completley positve. It's good to know that this was the first game that we lost after having a lead but just the fact that we keep letting these leads go no matter whether we win or not is definelty a scary thing. I kow that a lot of our D is young and somewhat inexperienced but I hope this gets resolved soon and the Wings will learn to put together a complete effort throughhout the game(s).

It'll be all right in the end, but right now it is frustrating. My main concern out of this is Howard giving up "soft" goals or breakaways. He is tired I think, and we need to give him a break once in awhile. Not saying bench him, just let him have a day off every 3 or 4 games.

I think you're all right about this issue. I think the Wings will make the playoffs but they do need to give Jimmy a break here and there and they all need to start playing at a level high enough throughout the entire game that they don't blow leads and can come back from a deficit. The Wings aren't always going to score first and they are going to have to grinde out some wins here and there whethere it's in Regulation, OT or SO. I know we're only a month into this So-Called season but since the season is so short it just means that wee have to pick it up that much sooner to have a chance at the playoffs and to be successful.

Guest The Axe

I always thought a 2 goal lead at any point during the game is the worst lead in hockey. Maybe more so at the NHL level. Dunno why but yeah lately it seems to be doing us in. Hopefully this is something that won't continue we shall see...

This is a soccer thing

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

I expect this one to get some action after tonight.

wow. yeah i'll say

they take the lead then ducks score 26 seconds later.

then red wings take the lead AGAIN and they score 1:05 later.

so they had the lead TWICE tonight for a 1 minute and a half. the whole game.

just..horrible defensive effort tonight.

I always thought a 2 goal lead at any point during the game is the worst lead in hockey. Maybe more so at the NHL level. Dunno why but yeah lately it seems to be doing us in. Hopefully this is something that won't continue we shall see...

So by that logic, if the Wings get out to a 2 goal lead, they should just turn around & put it in their own net? Poof, the worst ever lead in hockey's gone. Rest easy boys we have that so much more secure 1 goal lead back! :lookaround:

I know the Wings aren't completely healthy but is that really any excuse for what's been going on? Once again we get leads and can't keep them, we definetly need better defense and apparently we need like a 10 goal lead to Win a game this season and that certainly won't be happening very often at least I don't think. We knew this season was going to bring a lot of changes and I expected that you don't just replace a player like Niklas Lidstrom but one player can't make or break a team this has to be fixed soon or we can kiss the playoffs goodbye. Hopefully something changes soon.

So by that logic, if the Wings get out to a 2 goal lead, they should just turn around & put it in their own net? Poof, the worst ever lead in hockey's gone. Rest easy boys we have that so much more secure 1 goal lead back! :lookaround:

Speaking about tonight's game vs the Wild.

Cough Cough Cough