• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dimaline312000

Anyone else getting pissed that the Wings can't hold leads

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Wings played catch up hockey all of last season. This season we're playing choking hockey.

Edited by irishock

I've noticed two basic situations which apply almost every time. Usually when we grab that one goal lead we enter coast mode and just try to survive until the end of the game. That or we just have one span of about five minutes where they basically decide to collectively stop playing.

I guess I'll give them the benefit of the dout until we are completely healthy after that no more excuses. It shouldn't be an excuse right now but since I'm trying to be somewhat nice hear I'll give them that much. It's just very frustrating to see our team perform this way in such a short season where basically every game matters and every point matters and the Wings aren't really racking up the points right now becasue they keep losing leads. Hopefully something changes soon and the Wings can get back into a Winning mode and get ready for the playoffs.

Interesting points in this thread.

I have a personal training bizness here in Florida and Iove training athletes compared to the 'general fitness' crowd bcause athletes can flip the switch, reach down and really push themselvs almost as a reflexive reponse whereas the weekend warriors seem to ignore their ability to flip the switch by choice and feel good putting fourth subpar effort.

I mention this because It is so frustrating watching the Wings Flip the switch choosing to fire on all cylinders for 20 minutes then flip the switch off.

What is the cause of this?

Hell at times this year I have actually hoped the wings let off the gas so its not a blow out and that way It will

Be a more entertaining game.

Flip the switch for 60 minutes boyz, please !

Guest The Axe

Interesting points in this thread.

I have a personal training bizness here in Florida and Iove training athletes compared to the 'general fitness' crowd bcause athletes can flip the switch, reach down and really push themselvs almost as a reflexive reponse whereas the weekend warriors seem to ignore their ability to flip the switch by choice and feel good putting fourth subpar effort.

I mention this because It is so frustrating watching the Wings Flip the switch choosing to fire on all cylinders for 20 minutes then flip the switch off.

What is the cause of this?

Hell at times this year I have actually hoped the wings let off the gas so its not a blow out and that way It will

Be a more entertaining game.

Flip the switch for 60 minutes boyz, please !

Ken Holland caused this switch problem. He has put this idea in the players' collective systems.

Jk!