• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dimaline312000

Anyone else getting pissed that the Wings can't hold leads

Rate this topic

I think the key to victory this year is to never score that second goal until the game is tied.

Agreed, That or get an 20 Goal lead and pray that the time clock runs down quick. I can't even express how enraged I am right now without using a language that would surley get me kicked off of here so I'll just shut up and drink my Protein Shake.

It seems that a few players like to start taking shifts off after the second goal is scored (Cleary, Abs, and Kronwall's names should all come to mind). This needs to stop, they don't have the talent anymore to afford anyone taking a single second off in a game, no matter how many goals they have.

You're absolutely right IMO Pump our Special Teams have not been good this season and that really needs to change. Wings really need to get the Power Play going, not to over-look our Penalty Killing but our Power Play has done nothing but get worse and worse for past few years.. Hopefully the Wings can change this soon but if they get 2 goal lead I'm gonna change the channel.

Wow, These past two games have been absolutley fantastic, That's the Red Wings I know. Hopefully the Wings can continue this and not give up anymore leads. I mean I can understand to an extent that a 1 goal lead can be easy to over-come but I remember a time when people and not just Detroit people but a lot of other teams fans and announcers said that if Detroti got a 2 goal lead the game was over, this season that hasn't been true. I just hope the Wings can learn from there mistakes and improve throughout the season and at least make the playoffs.

Guest Crymson

They had two extended 5-on-3s against. What do you expect?

Strange as it is to say this, it was a brainfart by Datsyuk that brought about the first goal against.

I'm way past pissed right now. I was pissed when we blew that lead in Minnesota. I'm to the level so far beyond pissed I'm going to have to invent a new word for this feeling. Its one thing to lose, but to lose in the final period after winning the whole game is so frustrating. I mean, they're playing better than their opponents for like 50 of the 60 minutes, winning almost the entire game and coming away with zero points. That is the killer. If they were getting at least a point, I would be mad, but at least they're getting something. There's no difference in the standings to this loss against the Kings and the blowout loss to the Blues on opening night. As a fan, I'm this upset, I can't imagine how angry the players and coaches must feel.

It is definelty frustrating like you all said it lose in the final period is just that much more heart breaking after playing solid for the majority of the game and to watch it slip away. I don't know what the number is as to how many games we've had leads and lost games and as someone said losing a 1 goal lead is still frustrating but not as bad as all those 2 goal leads lost. Clearly I wanted this game from a personal stand point becasue I would have loved to be able to beat last season's champions. Not getting any points in all these hard fought games is definetly not good but it's that much more disheartening being that it's such as short season and the playoffs are quickly approaching and it would be nice to make it into the playoffs for 22 seasons in a row. Hopefully the Wings can bounce back and get two points against San Jose but I'm not as optimistic as I was about last night's game especially since I believe the Sharks are actually doing better than the Kings are at this point in the season. Let's Go Red Wings!!

Getting pissed? That would imply that we weren't already pissed. It's become so commonplace now that I don't even blink when it happens. Oh, the Red Wings blew a lead? Must be a day ending in "y". A short season doesn't give them the luxury to dick around, and I know that we've been dealing with some injuries, but at some point everyone else has to step up.

Very True Elec, It really had/has become a norm that the Wings have blown leads. Yeah like you said we've had some injuries and that does make a difference but your right the others have to step up and it's just not happening. I've seen some improvement recently but still a problem. It was another 1 goal lead that we lost against Chicago this past Sunday and yes the Blackhawks are a phenominal team this season and yes it was just one goal but we still need to be able to finish what we start. It was a hard fought battle and I was really hoping that we coule be the first team to beat them in regulation this season but just wasn't meant to be. Still have a lot of work to do and a lot of improvment still to be made but I think we are finally starting to get on the right track. At least I hope.