• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Justin Abdelkader

Rate this topic

I think any player who plays with Datsyuk and Zetterberg is going to play above his weight and score some points. Early in the season, our two big guns weren't playing together.

But yes, Abby has played much better, linemates and all.

I disagree. Dats and Z have had several linemates over the years that haven't really worked out. That's why they keep having to be split up. Putting a lesser skilled player on a line with those guys allows us to have a good second and third line as well.

Abdelkader was a great pick at the draft (much better than picking Kindl with the #19) and although he is mostly pegged to be a 4th line grinder, I think he has proven that he fits in in a scoring line just as good. There is a reason he was scouted and listed so high and he is working out very well given the opportunity that he has. Now if or when the Wings acquire that #1 scorer, he will most definitely get put back on his line, but he is getting loads of experience playing with Dats and Z. He will take that experience and #1 line mentality back with him to the 4th line and probably make that line much, much better... Good for him for proving a lot of his critics wrong...

It's nice to have a "New Holmstrom" who annoys the crap out of people and makes room for Dats and Z. All four of our goals last night were a direct result of screens in front of Hiller. 3 of those were Abby in front.

Don't mean to be disrespectful but there will never be another "Holmstrom".

I disagree. Dats and Z have had several linemates over the years that haven't really worked out. That's why they keep having to be split up. Putting a lesser skilled player on a line with those guys allows us to have a good second and third line as well.

Holmstrom is the only linemate I can remember playing with them an extended period of time. And that worked out.

They've tried other people here and there, but only for a game or so.

Guest DeGraa55

I hope they keep that same top line together next year. If we actually get a fa he can go non second line.

Guest Johnz96

It's nice to have a "New Holmstrom" who annoys the crap out of people and makes room for Dats and Z. All four of our goals last night were a direct result of screens in front of Hiller. 3 of those were Abby in front.

2 of them were Franzen in front and one with Cleary.

Guest Crymson

Two of them (#1 and #4) were Abby, one was Franzen, one was Cleary.

Holmstrom is the only linemate I can remember playing with them an extended period of time. And that worked out.

They've tried other people here and there, but only for a game or so.

Yeah that was when Holmstrom gave them the nick name Sasha and Pasha. Those were a good couple years.

I forgot about the franzen PP one, but that was the only one. Abby was there for 2.

Either way, if the wings don't have someone in front of the net at all times, I'll be pissed.

1st line: Abby always in front

2nd line: clears always in front

3rd line: andersson always in front

4th line: emmerton always in front

Powerfully: franzen always in front

Hiller clearly can't handle screens