• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Bertuzzi's continuing back problems

Rate this topic

Oh wow, this is bad news. Hopefully its a correctable problem. In any case, it seems like he won't be back soon. If he chooses to hang em up, thats fine...I'd choose walking over hockey any day. Best of luck to him.

And yeah, Wings have two buyouts...there is nothing in the CBA about using them in this situation, afaik.

I thought this wasn't true? One buyout was strictly for before the season had started, and one during the off-season.

I work at a hospital. We get intractable back pain patients all the time. Usually when it's severe and sudden like this, it's from muscle spasm and there is no need for surgery. Usually goes away after a few days of heavy duty muscle relaxers. But who knows if that's the case here.

Sheeesh the body isn't even cold yet for some of you.

Praying for you Bert!

No kidding, pretty brutal..and we already have one idiot already blaming Holland for this. Pretty comical.

Big Bert is a warrior he will be back in no time, but if it is really that serious I hope he hangs hit up for his own sake and health beyond hockey.

Agreed. Or atleast take the surgery and the rest of the year off. Time for the kids to step up.

I thought this wasn't true? One buyout was strictly for before the season had started, and one during the off-season.

No, it was merely an additional window to use one buyout. The window will reopen this summer.

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Each team is still permitted only 2 compliance buyouts, either before Saturday (opener) or in summers of 2013 or 2014.

Bert was in good shape this season and was looking outstanding out there. It certainly hurts not having him in the lineup, as much as everyone seems to ***** about him.

Couldnt agree more, he was skating as good as Ive seen him skate as a wing, looked painfree and energized. This sucks for him

Nyquist should play with Datsyuk and Flip. I want to see if that can be a long-term line.

The world has never seen the kind of stick handling and passing that a line with those three would put together. Their zone entries would be a thing of art, their jaw dropping toe drags a gift from the heavens themselves. It would be as if Marty St. Louis was cloned twice and unlike the movie Multiplicity, neither of the clones would be semi-retarded, and they would pass and pass so fluidly that one might be tricked into thinking that the Datsyuk-Flip-Nyquist line had somehow melded with the winds and waves of the earth into one big flowing hockey life cycle.

It would be the most brilliantly skilled line to never score a goal in the National Hockey league, of course.

The world has never seen the kind of stick handling and passing that a line with those three would put together. Their zone entries would be a thing of art, their jaw dropping toe drags a gift from the heavens themselves. It would be as if Marty St. Louis was cloned twice and unlike the movie Multiplicity, neither of the clones would be semi-retarded, and they would pass and pass so fluidly that one might be tricked into thinking that the Datsyuk-Flip-Nyquist line had somehow melded with the winds and waves of the earth into one big flowing hockey life cycle.

It would be the most brilliantly skilled line to never score a goal in the National Hockey league, of course.

Oh so with Cleary on that line, they will score goals?

Oh so with Cleary on that line, they will score goals?

Your either/or reasoning is remarkable. Thanks for playing. Ideally I'd like to see Brunner-Datsyuk-Cleary. Flip-Zetterberg-Tatar. Then both lines would have more balanced scoring. Obviously when Bert and Franzen are healthy neither Cleary nor Tatar would be in the top six.

But yes if the only choices were Nyquist OR Cleary then you're right, Nyquist would be better. Thankfully, those aren't the only two choices.

Edited by kipwinger

Your either/or reasoning is remarkable. Thanks for playing. Ideally I'd like to see Brunner-Datsyuk-Cleary. Flip-Zetterberg-Tatar. Then both lines would have more balanced scoring. Obviously when Bert and Franzen are healthy neither Cleary nor Tatar would be in the top six.

But yes if the only choices were Nyquist OR Cleary then you're right, Nyquist would be better. Thankfully, those aren't the only two choices.

My reasoning is very good.

Bert shouldn't be in the top 6 and neither should Tatar. Nyquist is not a checker but a top 6 player. Either play him in that spot or leave him in GR.

And I wouldn't split up Brunner and Hank just yet.

So that leaves Nyquist on that line I proposed. Maybe you could put Franzen on the top line instead of him, but Franzen makes Datsyuk look neutered. Zetterberg seems to handle Franzen better on his line.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest The Axe

I was waiting for that ending! Ice Capades without a doubt.

I work at a hospital. We get intractable back pain patients all the time. Usually when it's severe and sudden like this, it's from muscle spasm and there is no need for surgery. Usually goes away after a few days of heavy duty muscle relaxers. But who knows if that's the case here.

Really hoping that that's the case here.

After wtaching tonights game, we all could use some of those pain killers.......