• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Bertuzzi's continuing back problems

Rate this topic

Holland said the club hasn't relinquished hope that forward Todd Bertuzzi can return this season. Severe back pain has kept him off the ice since Feb. 1. He is riding the stationary bike.

“A week-to-10 days ago the back wasn't feeling so good. On Friday, there was optimism again,'' Holland said. “Let's give it another week-to-10 days (before exploring other options).''

Before exploring other options huh.....

amnesty anyone?

No, he's not that expensive. If he never plays again then he'll languish on ir until his term expires. Save the amnesty talk for Sammy. Edited by The Greek

Two years ago, you would have been throwing bags of shat at Kenny, because Z was nursing a bad back all season long. My analogy smells of roses.

"I know you'd like to thank your s*** don't stank, but lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo, Yeah, roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo" Outkast.

Two years ago, you would have been throwing bags of shat at Kenny, because Z was nursing a bad back all season long. My analogy smells of roses.

While I would love to see bert healthy again, you have to admit it is a completely different situation, Zetterberg has missed 22 games since 2007, he played through any injuries he had, and he also is a lot younger. Big Bert is 38 now, and his back is seemingly only getting worse, it is unfortunate but I doubt he will back this season

Bert and Sammy are washed up now. Thank Goodness that with this being a half of year of play, it still counts as a full year off their contracts. Bet should be buried on the LTIR and Sammy should get bought out next year. Add Colaiacovo to that buyout and we can have enough roster spots to start this rebuild right away and not have to wait until 2015...

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest irishock

Bert is a good locker room guy and will be a valuable 4th liner next season. I say don't buy him out.