• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Nyquist should play with Datsyuk and Flip.  I want to see if that can be a long-term line.  

The world has never seen the kind of stick handling and passing that a line with those three would put together.  Their zone entries would be a thing of art, their jaw dropping toe drags a gift from the heavens themselves.  It would be as if Marty St. Louis was cloned twice and unlike the movie Multiplicity, neither of the clones would be semi-retarded, and they would pass and pass so fluidly that one might be tricked into thinking that the Datsyuk-Flip-Nyquist line had somehow melded with the winds and waves of the earth into one big flowing hockey life cycle.

It would be the most brilliantly skilled line to never score a goal in the National Hockey league, of course.   

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#42 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,161 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

The world has never seen the kind of stick handling and passing that a line with those three would put together.  Their zone entries would be a thing of art, their jaw dropping toe drags a gift from the heavens themselves.  It would be as if Marty St. Louis was cloned twice and unlike the movie Multiplicity, neither of the clones would be semi-retarded, and they would pass and pass so fluidly that one might be tricked into thinking that the Datsyuk-Flip-Nyquist line had somehow melded with the winds and waves of the earth into one big flowing hockey life cycle.

It would be the most brilliantly skilled line to never score a goal in the National Hockey league, of course.   

Oh so with Cleary on that line, they will score goals?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#43 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

This is really too bad to hear about Bert. Have alwasy supported him and will continue doing so!! Hope it's not too serious, and that he doesn't end up needing surgery. Man, GR is going to be bare soon would be nice if we could just get healthy

IPB Image

#44 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hope he feels better soon...Without him - who's gonna dare remove the ping-pong table from the enemy :hehe:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#45 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

get well soon Bert

#46 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Oh so with Cleary on that line, they will score goals?

Your either/or reasoning is remarkable.  Thanks for playing.  Ideally I'd like to see Brunner-Datsyuk-Cleary.  Flip-Zetterberg-Tatar.  Then both lines would have more balanced scoring.  Obviously when Bert and Franzen are healthy neither Cleary nor Tatar would be in the top six.  

But yes if the only choices were Nyquist OR Cleary then you're right, Nyquist would be better.  Thankfully, those aren't the only two choices. 

Edited by kipwinger, 15 February 2013 - 05:28 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#47 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Bertuzzi.  Good signing.

Edited by joshy207, 15 February 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#48 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,161 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Your either/or reasoning is remarkable.  Thanks for playing.  Ideally I'd like to see Brunner-Datsyuk-Cleary.  Flip-Zetterberg-Tatar.  Then both lines would have more balanced scoring.  Obviously when Bert and Franzen are healthy neither Cleary nor Tatar would be in the top six.  

But yes if the only choices were Nyquist OR Cleary then you're right, Nyquist would be better.  Thankfully, those aren't the only two choices. 

My reasoning is very good.

Bert shouldn't be in the top 6 and neither should Tatar.  Nyquist is not a checker but a top 6 player.  Either play him in that spot or leave him in GR.    

And I wouldn't split up Brunner and Hank just yet.

So that leaves Nyquist on that line I proposed.  Maybe you could put Franzen on the top line instead of him, but Franzen makes Datsyuk look neutered.  Zetterberg seems to handle Franzen better on his line.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 15 February 2013 - 07:33 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#49 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I was waiting for that ending! Ice Capades without a doubt.

#50 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

I work at a hospital. We get intractable back pain patients all the time. Usually when it's severe and sudden like this, it's from muscle spasm and there is no need for surgery. Usually goes away after a few days of heavy duty muscle relaxers. But who knows if that's the case here.

Really hoping that that's the case here. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#51 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I work at a hospital. We get intractable back pain patients all the time. Usually when it's severe and sudden like this, it's from muscle spasm and there is no need for surgery. Usually goes away after a few days of heavy duty muscle relaxers. But who knows if that's the case here.

After wtaching tonights game, we all could use some of those pain killers.......

#52 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Holland said the club hasn't relinquished hope that forward Todd Bertuzzi can return this season. Severe back pain has kept him off the ice since Feb. 1. He is riding the stationary bike.

“A week-to-10 days ago the back wasn't feeling so good. On Friday, there was optimism again,'' Holland said. “Let's give it another week-to-10 days (before exploring other options).''

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#53 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Before exploring other options huh.....

amnesty anyone?

bringit.jpg

#54 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Before exploring other options huh.....

amnesty anyone?

No, he's not that expensive. If he never plays again then he'll languish on ir until his term expires. Save the amnesty talk for Sammy.

Edited by The Greek, 12 March 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

No, he's not that expensive. If he never plays again then he'll languish on ir until his term expires. Save the amnesty talk for Sammy.

I kinda like this idea....bury Bert on the IR for the next season, buyout Sammy and Colaiacovo... Nice!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.00 PPG

#56 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

we get 2 amnesty buyouts over the next 2 seasons. I agree that at least one should be a forward. 

#57 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Bert should do the Wings a favor, and either hang'em up, or stay on long-term IR thus not having to use a buyout on him (can save them for Sammy & Cola).

#58 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

he can't retire, we would be on the hook for his cap hit since he signed a 35+ contract. see chris pronger for example.

#59 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

he can't retire, we would be on the hook for his cap hit since he signed a 35+ contract. see chris pronger for example.

How does long-term injury reserve work in a situation as this?

Can the Wings get any cap space relief?

#60 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

How does long-term injury reserve work in a situation as this?

Can the Wings get any cap space relief?

Ya if he stays on IR we don't have his cap hit affecting us