• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Two years ago, you would have been throwing bags of shat at Kenny, because Z was nursing a bad back all season long. My analogy smells of roses.

"I know you'd like to thank your s*** don't stank, but lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo, Yeah, roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo"   Outkast.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#62 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Two years ago, you would have been throwing bags of shat at Kenny, because Z was nursing a bad back all season long. My analogy smells of roses.

While I would love to see bert healthy again, you have to admit it is a completely different situation, Zetterberg has missed 22 games since 2007, he played through any injuries he had, and he also is a lot younger. Big Bert is 38 now, and his back is seemingly only getting worse, it is unfortunate but I doubt he will back this season

#63 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Bert and Sammy are washed up now. Thank Goodness that with this being a half of year of play, it still counts as a full year off their contracts. Bet should be buried on the LTIR and Sammy should get bought out next year.  Add Colaiacovo to that buyout and we can have enough roster spots to start this rebuild right away and not have to wait until 2015...

Edited by LeftWinger, 13 March 2013 - 11:09 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#64 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,587 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

While I would love to see bert healthy again, you have to admit it is a completely different situation, Zetterberg has missed 22 games since 2007, he played through any injuries he had, and he also is a lot younger. Big Bert is 38 now, and his back is seemingly only getting worse, it is unfortunate but I doubt he will back this season

Agreed.

And ya gotta ask yourself...Now with the "kids" from GR playing on a nightly basis...Do we really want both Bert, and Sammy back in the line up?

To be honest - I'm perfectly fine without them, and would much rather see the "kids" from GR play the remainder of this season, and into the playoffs...It's about time for them to show us what they got.

Bert and Sammy are washed up now. Thank Goodness that with this being a half of year of play, it still counts as a full year off their contracts. Bet should be buried on the LTIR and Sammy should get bought out next year.  Add Colaiacovo to that buyout and we can have enough roster spots to start this rebuild right away and not have to wait until 2015...

Agreed.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#65 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Will he be ready for the game next year at Commerica Park?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#66 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Will he be ready for the game next year at Commerica Park?

Are you referring to the old-timers/alumni game? If so, that's pretty funny.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#67 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,947 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Just an update.  And not a good one. 

After skating for several days, Bertuzzi said he's making no progress. Back problem saps strength from left leg. Can't push off. Frustrated

#68 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Think Bertuzzi is done personally. Not sure how a back problem that lasts this long can ever recover enough to play such a demanding sport.

Shame. When he was at his best he was a force.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#69 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

This is a real bummer.  I don't care what anybody around here says, his size, strength and hands, make him valuable to this team.  I'm still holding out hope that Bert makes is back this season. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#70 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

That really sucks to hear. Have to wonder if it's time to hang them up rather than doing more damage. It will be a shame not to see #44 out there. Fingers crossed he can return next year

IPB Image

#71 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Bert is a good locker room guy and will be a valuable 4th liner next season. I say don't buy him out.

bringit.jpg

#72 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,587 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Bert is a good locker room guy and will be a valuable 4th liner next season. I say don't buy him out.

Yeah - he's really good at taking toys away from the other team :lol:

On a serious note; I hope the kids from GR continue to play; nothing against Bert, but I grew weary of watching him skate into the corner with the puck, and then lose it to the opposing Dman.

Now is the best time to shelf him, and Sammy for some youth...What's the point of drafting 18 yr olds if they never have an opportunity to show us what they got at age 20 thru 24 after "seasoning" in the AHL?

'Evolution' created by Offsides